It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Threat Goes Orange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They just raised the terror threat today and I thought about it and I thought up some interesting questions.

First of all I think the terror color code system is pointless to ordinary people. They tell you to be more alert... okay that helps alot. I want to go to a baseball game and if I decide to go regardless of the threat of terrorism I must keep one eye on the game and the other on the crowd.. Does that seem very likely?

Secondly this comes at the time where war with iraq seems not too far off. Seems to me we are about to attack very soon and they fear terrorist may strike us.

Also, how are they coming up with the intelligence? If they are eavesdropping on terrorist then why not make the arrest? If they can listen in on their phone calls or whatever then they obviously know where they are end it and arrest them.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wish I had gotten to post it sooner, but I was of the mindset as soon as I heard the Powell speech & knew it would be critizied for inaccuracies & stretchs of fact, that a needed color code warning would be issued to concentrate fear into supporting public opinion.

And here we have it.

If not for war, fear and empty rhetoric, people might start paying attention along with us who've been mindfull all along.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yep, according to Bout Time there's no threat out there....

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Clear & Present Danger:

Iraq? no

Terror Cells attacking US targets worldwide? yes

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You make a good point BT bout the fear. It makes since. Also BT talkin about Iraq being a clear and present danger i agree with you again no their not but i would much rather make the mistake now and kill alot of iraqis then we make the mistake and not attack the thre goes alot of amerians. THats how i justify it.
One the other hand THATONEGUY do you have any idea about giving the terrorist just enough rope to hang themselves

Also, how are they coming up with the intelligence? If they are eavesdropping on terrorist then why not make the arrest? If they can listen in on their phone calls or whatever then they obviously know where they are end it and arrest them.

WE listen to the convos thats an intelligence contact there so why dont we just sit and listen find out more than we would have if we go and arrest them. I think that the intel we are gettin is mostly from contacts in the inside whic we dont want to compromise. And lastly we will round them all up in one bi swipe when tey do one watch and see.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Everything that happens is planned.

This is aall being done for martial law, control of the population.

Once we attack iraq muslims will stirke back probably at the people first then the economy, the economy
will slowly drop into creating revolutions and hazzard all around the country.

This current war will start the final and last world war which will involve the reason we are at war which
is (nuclear) bombs.

For anyone who says, we will just go in clean them out, then clean all the other (evil) countries out are dreaming.

Our government is no better than iraq, on the inside we have just as evil intentions and we will fall
because of this and ww3 will begin.

peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

This current war will start the final and last world war which will involve the reason we are at war which
is (nuclear) bombs.

Your type (fundamentalist Christian extremists) have been saying this for 100 years.

Martial law won't happen... I've been saying it, and will continue to say it.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
youll believe it until the day that the tanks come rolling down your steet. Even then will u beleive of skeptic overlord

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
echelon - Uh....the Soviet experiment FAILED. You now need to get a life...

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
youll believe it until the day that the tanks come rolling down your steet. Even then will u beleive of skeptic overlord

-sigh-

How much longer will it take? It's been more than 60 years since political conspiracists have been spewing this theory. Even I did for a time in the 80's. But then... I grew up. This nation's infrastructure is very much dependent on a vital and functioning economy. How will the economy continue to function when tanks are in every street enforcing martial law?

And just how many tanks will it take?

How many troops? And will 100% of our military and national guard be willing to participate?

Will 100% of all civil police participate.

The concept is unworkable and laughable at best.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Clear & Present Danger:

Iraq? no

Terror Cells attacking US targets worldwide? yes

Cells to be supplied chemical and biological agents through Hussein? Yes.
Liberals in total denial of that? Yes.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

First of all I think the terror color code system is pointless to ordinary people. They tell you to be more alert... okay that helps alot. I want to go to a baseball game and if I decide to go regardless of the threat of terrorism I must keep one eye on the game and the other on the crowd..

The annoyance of insecurity factor, this is what i'm talking about. You think this is bad, you've seen nothing yet

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Tyler - Take my advice to echelon....communists are losers.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   

...but i would much rather make the mistake now and kill alot of iraqis then we make the mistake and not attack the thre goes alot of amerians...

Don't you think that's an evil fascistic view point that would justify any attack against the US?

You are treating US lives as more worthy than the lives of other nationals. That's a cowardly, imperialistic position to take. The US is supposed to be about freedom, justice, peace and bravery, the bomb them just in case attitude is one of unjust, warmongering cowardice.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah, Mac, you would have a point if we upped and bombed the French for being, well, themselves. But this is a little different and the only way to not understand that is to ignore alot of other things.
To act as if Hussein is truly islolated is to believe in the tooth fairy. To say he loves the U.S. and wouldn't harm any child or woman is to deny reality as well.
To not understand three of his goals are to destroy Israel, to bring down the U.S. and to be the power in the Middle East is to hap-hazzardly pay attention to world events. Maybe some of us should get out and find lives other than such pursuit of the news, but hey! Not everyone can dance, and if you can't get into the A-clubs, why bother to leave the computer?

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Java
Cells to be supplied chemical and biological agents through Hussein? Yes.
Liberals in total denial of that? Yes.

Irrational fear of of CBW's being handed off by Iraq that can come from a myriad of other sellers ? yes

Inflating & overstating the capabilities of a boxed in 3rd World dictator in order to justify the control the worlds #2 oil producer and the region, by the Radical Right Wing running our country? yes

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its cowardly alec it that i just want my neighbors or friends to be the people who die. Im not trying to justify the killing of innocents over there just the descruction to all that oppose us. We go over there an kill Hussain and his republican guard that would be the end of his tyranical gvernment and would bring freedom to the IRaqis who want it.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here you go, B-T, courtesy of deepwaters.
Of course, this isn't some sort of slap at Bush for something that doesn't even compare to the Clinton atrocities, so I have doubts that you'll find the time to read it!

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Its cowardly alec it that i just want my neighbors or friends to be the people who die. Im not trying to justify the killing of innocents over there just the descruction to all that oppose us. We go over there an kill Hussain and his republican guard that would be the end of his tyranical gvernment and would bring freedom to the IRaqis who want it.

If only the bombs would kill just Sadam and the Republican gaurd. Would you kill your own children to bring "freedom" to the Iraqis? No?...why shold you expect other families children to die for it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join