It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belivers to Sceptics Ratio ( B.S.R. ? )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As of now the thread is officialy closed.

BSR from this short lived thread yielded to be at the value of 2

Meaning 2 believers to one sceptic for whatever good that is.

If you feel like posting you may do so but i resign from managing this thread as from now.

Moreover i threw the idea at the table with its pros and cons for future use.

Take care

( I will ask for this thread to be officialy shout as the result of the 24 hour rule i set but i don't know if it will work since i have asked before for another thread of mine with no results.)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
In response to the request to close this thread, it will be left open since there is no reason to do so at this time.

Feel free to continue the discussion.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
People who believe we are being visited but need proof: I am in this category. I believe we are being visited by aliens (ET hypothesis). Others may have other theories about the phenomena and are also looking to prove them.

As usual. kidflash2008 delivers yet another great post.

I can mostly associate myself with the above category. I believe we are being visited by aliens, but not so sure that they are extraterrestrial, they could be interdimensional, they could be something else. And I am always living in hope of more proof - I don't believe there is enough just yet. It has been enough to convince myself, but I know that others will not accept the available yet - and rightfully so, because there is no concrete conclusive evidence of ET hypothesis or any other.

Your example about Adamski was spot on. Ufology needs to move past those figures and sort of start-anew. A clean slate. Credibility is key. All those past questionable characters need to be forgotten about.

So far, the best evidence I have seen, comes in the form of documentary evidence, or credible eyewitness testimony, or physical trace evidence, and/or radar and visual. The better the case is well-documented, the stronger.

Regards,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I guess that makes the believers category fit enough for you.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
I guess that makes the believers category fit enough for you.

Yes. But I think that there are varying levels of belief. Not all skeptics are the same, not all believers are the same. If you will notice, kidflash put "True Believers" first, to emphasize the varying degrees. I am a believer who agrees with the skeptical perspective more so than the "true believer" perspectives.

I am not sure why these labels exist, or who even came up with them. Because you can't stereotype people into categories as if their all automatons with the exact same mindset. Even on ATS you'll see people disagree about things all the time. Even though most of them are all here for the same purpose. Yet they're all different.

Regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join