It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belivers to Sceptics Ratio ( B.S.R. ? )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity...

I was wondering what the Believers to Sceptics Ratio is around here in ATS.

I don' t think we have much real insight to this ratio other than personal speculations...

I found it appropriate to also make an abreviation for it just in case the thread yields some results. I have concluded to have it a B.S.R. instead of a S.B.R. (Sceptics to Believers Raio) since it is argued by some that there is a growing trend of believers.

A simple statement by each one of you would propably suffice to carry out an innitial estimation. However it is not an easy task and i think that ATS might give a hand of help to achieve this stat if the B.S.R is of any value.

Take care

GTG

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Like the Monkees said
im a believer

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stuballs77

Welcome !

It seems so far that the BSR stands at 1/0 which makes the ratio infinite!!!

Lots of laughter !!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, so far its is infinitely believed that there are UFOs.

Case closed/solved !

Just kidding !

I will make an excel sheet of all the incomming info which i will upload for you all

That is if dear ATS does not come in in order to do this properly.

In the meantime: I AM COUNTING

edit: mispelled sheet as sheep.... (imagine .... an excel sheep... brrr...)

[edit on 24/5/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you're talking about the existence of ET life, I believe it.

I don't know what it's worth but there you go. I believe there is ET life swarming all around us, we're just oblivious to it and they have no reason to interfere.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Believers in What? Is my primary question.

If you're asking if I believe that Aliens Exist: Then Yes.
If you're asking if I believe that there is a huge government conspiracy to cover it up: Then Yes.
If you're asking that UFO sightings, Aliens Encounters, and the majority of UFO vids and claims on this sight are real: Then no.

Is there a NWO agenda?

Yes and No. Labeling it the NWO in the first place is the first mistake we make. It's not new, people have been trying to control other people since the dawn of time. Are there people trying to rule the world through means of propaganda, mass consent, political and financial control? Yes there quite obviously is.

Is the government lying to us on massive scale: Yes.
Is the media nothing more than a corporate machine designed to distort our reality and misinform us? Yes.

The point I'm trying to make is, what are we believers in? What are we skeptics about? I'm a skeptic about secret societies. I don't necessarily believe that the Masons or the Illuminati are out to get us. I don't believe in Nibiru or the beings from the 4th or 5th dimensions. I believe that the "NWO" is very real.

So I'm on the borderline of a skeptic or a believer. I look at the facts presented to me. I look at what is possible and what is thoroughly impossible.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

There are four groups out there:

True believers: They believe everything thrown at them. Proof of this is the threads on George Adamski and Billy Meier. Their heart is in the right place, but they do not question any account made by others.

People who believe we are being visited but need proof: I am in this category. I believe we are being visited by aliens (ET hypothesis). Others may have other theories about the phenomena and are also looking to prove them.

Skeptics: They do not believe, yet they keep an open mind. Always rational, they do not accept anything at face value. They also ask the tough questions that do not get asked by the believers.

Debunkers: UFOs are misidentified natural phenomena or hoaxes period. If extraterrestrial life exists, they have not visited the Earth.

There are levels in between the main ones mentioned above. It is the extremes of both sides that seem to be at war with each other. I am for some type of middle ground so that the subject can be taken more seriously.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

WOW...

You are really taking this to another level !

I never considered to take B.S.R. to the extend of covering all the additional stuff you are mentioning. If i were to do that i would be doublicating relatively recent ATS stats that i just remembered. ATS stats took into account more categories such as you are mentioning.

At this point i should comment on your statement:

If you're asking that UFO sightings, Aliens Encounters, and the majority of UFO vids and claims on this sight are real: Then no.

I tottaly agree with you!

When thinking about the B.S.R. i was more UFO/Alien centered, so keeping this in mind and considering your two first sentences i suppose i will file you onto the believers sum. A short reply of yours should suffice for correction in case i am wrong...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Totally. Put me into the believer category. I mean, there's gotta be someone else out there, right?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Very nice of you to clear things up with your post.

I should propably taken the time to comment so myself. Thank you for doing my job!

However this kind of reply makes it awfully difficult to implement B.S.R. Maybe through follow up conversation B.S.R will be rendered useless or impractical if it arises to not really be an insight of ATS Member belief related to UFOs.

As things stand at this time i have to consider a loaded weapon or an empty one. It cannot really be anything in between. It will either shoot a boolet if asked to or not.... In other words B.S.R. in effect required yes and no answers within the replies....

Thanks and take care!

(I will have to cancel your B.S.R. vote for now as your answer suggests you are in the middle, therefore your yes cancelling your no...
A present oppinion might suffice but it seems you have no weapon within reach to check if its loaded [metaphor] )

Thanks

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So let me check so far we are at:

Believers Sceptics

4 - 0

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That depends.

Do I believe that intelligent alien life exists elsewhere in the universe. Absolutely.

Do I believe that fuzzy glowing spot you took a shaky video of is an alien piloted craft? No, as there's no evidence to support that claim or reason to believe it - though if I can't identify it I would concede that it's a UFO in it's most literal definition... unidentified.

Do I believe that my government officials are shape shifting reptilian aliens out to harvest humanity for meat-stock? No, and please go seek medical help.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm in no way a sceptic but I am losing a lot of belief in certain conspiracies. Where I used to believe everything I believe a lot less now. But I do believe in aliens, 9/11, corruption etc just not things like George Bush is a reptillian because someone made a youtube slideshow about it. I also find people like Alex Jones, David Icke etc to be full of BS where as before I used to follow them closely.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Very neatly summarized KF. I completely agree with your definitions and especially the levels in between. I'm skeptical with leanings towards believer. I put believer in quote marks when I'm referring to the gullible or the blinkered. I also have some kind of aversion from my earlier believer days! There's only so many stories that turn out to be BS, before you give up or get skeptical. I gave up for years...now I'm skeptical.

Big question! 'Believers' probably think ATS is crawling with damn skeptics and debunkers. Hell, they can't tell the difference half the time. From a notional skeptic's point of view...I'd say the ratio of believers and 'believers' to skeptics is possibly around 100 to one.

Maybe an idea for another thread is 'how many aliens to humans on Earth?' Even more interesting would be 'what;s the ration of reptilians to humans?' Now, I'd say 6.8bilion to zero, I'm sure a couple hundred ATS members have a different idea

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I am a sceptic.... with some reservetions to being one, but still a sceptic.
So i guess medical attention seeking is needles at this time and i certainly need no beahavioral expert to improve my attitude either.

So i guess myself including you make up the score to:

4 - 2

Thank you.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Thank you!

Your post was very clear and detailed despite being short:

Your contribution yields:

5 - 2

Take care!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Nice post !

Humorous and containing a simple and realistic present resolution, which fits mine very well except for i started of as an intrigued sceptic myself:

5 - 3

Thanks !

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No problem, I'm far from a sceptic though I'm just sceptical about a lot more now lol.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm a believer in possibilities. Anything is possible. Probability is a little harder to nail down. Probability itself is limiting. Possibility is all-encompassing.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Open minded !

If i am right:

6 - 3

[/more]

I should make a note here:

If there is no member correspondence within 24 hours of each other i will drop this thread.

The B.S.R. Thread was a means just to accomplish B.S.R. and nothing more like point gathering etc. I feel the attendance is not enough to validate the existence of the thread so far.

As such the 24 hour rules applies from now on.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Count me as a skeptic with an open mind. I want to believe but haven't been convinced of much of anything yet.

That makes the official tally 6-4

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join