It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Venture Capitalist Czar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We can get rid of all the others Czars that Obama has appointed because their useless.

A Venture Capitalist Czar would take billions and invest in promising companies instead of throwing billions down the black hole of government.

The businesses that the Czar would invest in would have to follow three simple rules:

1. 80% of the company would have to remain in the United States for 30 years and 20% can be spread overseas. The reason you do this is to ensure jobs for Americans because there's no way we can pay back the spending of Bush and Obama in a global economy with cheap labor. This way the business is spread out in the global economy but many jobs will stay here.

2. The American people would own 10% of the company. This money could not be spent by the Government. They wouldn't be able to touch it. It would go into a fund and checks would be disbursed equally to the American people every 1-2 years.

3. Government oversight. They wouldn't tell the company what to do because these guys can't run a lemonade stand. Oversight would be there to make sure we don't have Enron or AIG.

Oh yeah there's a number 4.

4. These companies that we invest in couldn't lobby Congress. I actually think there should be a ban on Corporate lobbying because of corruption.

We have to do something because we can't sustain the spending of Bush and now Obama in a global economy with cheap labor. We can't create enough jobs or the kind of jobs to survive this avalanche of irresponsibility coming from the Behemoth in Washington.

We can get someone that knows business and has a successful record in spotting trends.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A Venture Capitalist Czar doesnt seem too far fetched, remember the GM, Chryslar Car Czar. That one came fom Bush.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Exactly,

Get rid of alot of those people and bring in the Venture Capitalist Czar.

I know it's the thing for Obama and liberals to talk down business. Obama told those college kids at ASU to work for a non profit or go into public service.

They just graduated school and it would be better to get a career. Non profits and the government are in trouble without business to help grow the economy.

There's some in business that went too far and alot of that is because crooked politicians were paid off and they looked the other way.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
obama should have just told those students to learn to pray and figure out a way to accept a long depression lol

then he could have told them that extra crumbs of food would be available to those that bravely protect the united states national security by keeping the gov't aware of those who say bad things about them.....added piece of mind would be that the more people that get shipped to a place where they can hold these "suspects" w/o formal charges or hearings....the less job competition there will be amongst the masses of unemployed

that way one could HOPE sarcastically that there may be enough pitiful ignorant kiss azz sheep to CHANGE this country into a fascist dictatorship yet

oh back on topic........Venture capitalist Czar.....perhaps first thing he could do is create a treatment for "cooties" ....no silly? not so

b/c the way i understand things.... venture capitial recently just learned the US has cooties......about the same time obama apparently broke the sanctity of certain contracts and gave the UAW alot more than the private investors in the Automobile deal..........

[edit on 25-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am not going to be in favor of directing any public money to private corporations. The corporate welfare system has never worked out well for the non-corporate people. I am also not in favor of a government appointed busybody messing around with the what they think the future needs when these smart private individuals can do that on their own given a level playing field.

Also the term czar drives me crazy. Why not a Venture Capitalist Earl?

new topics

top topics

join