It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Meltdown may have one positive side...Down with Anime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to admit that through the past couple of years of reading the threads here, conspiracy and fact, I have come to the conclusion that indeed we seem to be moving toward something bad that you can just feel in your gut. The worldwide economy is tanking. There is a lot of talk and fear among TPB of civil and social unrest. A very possible pandemic coming this fall that will further complicate issues in many different ways. The possibility of wars that will be much worse than the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I do see a positive side to this. Please don't get me wrong, I in NO way want or wish for the STHTF and all the suffering and chaos that would come from it. That being said, the one good thing I could see out of this is that Anime.....yes the god forsaken Anime may no longer be produced and could possibly disappear for a very long time and maybe forever. Yes I despise Anime and believe it adds to the degradation of entertainment, logical thought and the stupefying of the many sorry individuals that watch it. You could say to me "Well don't watch it then and quit your bitching" Well you would be right in saying this, but when your room mate watches this stuff for 10-12 hours at a time on days off at a very loud volume you have no choice but to be aware of it and have it pierce and pry at your sanity. The loud shrill Japanese voices (I can't understand why the volume needs to be up loud when there are sub-titles in English and you do not understand Japanese). The cartoon frame that remains the same for 10 seconds just showing their stupid facial expression or the fight scene frames that may change 3 times for a fight lasting 2 minutes and not to mention the fuzzy little animals with super powers and talk. Whats even worse? Well, I will tell you! My room mate watches some of these over and over again. I myself, despising Anime... recognize and remember some of the reruns and that really pisses me off!

Ok, so you may say that this does not have anything to do with global meltdown, but I saw to you, yes it does!. Anime not only contributes to the downfall of humanity, but Anime may be rendered extinct by this coming global meltdown and to me that would be good. The only good thing to come of it.

Thanks for listening.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That was a good rant and i would have to agree with you about Anime.......

but this is really about having a roommate, doesn't matter what it is there is always something they do that will drive you to madness.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The fact that you look forward to the meltdown actually putting thousands of hard working people out of jobs makes you look ridiculous. As a previous poster has said, this is your issue with your roommate, not your issue with anime in general. Move out or kick him out, it's actually quite simple.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
REad and reap: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I agree with Hypntick, it's just a problem with your roommate.

And I hope this isn't true, cuz I am a huge anime fan.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hate to say it but I have to agree with you. Anime is ANNOYING! and its fan seem to think it is real, which concerns me quite a bit.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
The fact that you look forward to the meltdown actually putting thousands of hard working people out of jobs makes you look ridiculous. As a previous poster has said, this is your issue with your roommate, not your issue with anime in general. Move out or kick him out, it's actually quite simple.

Maybe you should re-read my post as I think you missed some of it!!! I do not welcome the downfall to come or as it is now, but if it is to come regardless of any of our wishes I am simply saying that the anime that I hate so much could go away. This also is not just an issue of an inconsiderate room mate. Anime is an addiction, anime is repulsive, anime watchers get so engrossed in what they are watching that they lose their connection with reality to the point I believe of relating to anime as if it was real.

I can bet that you are an anime watcher...... aren't you!?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by nonnez]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Anime will only become more popular as people try to escape reality, like videogames. So sorry, you're wrong

Anime is amazing and many are masterpieces. No one can criticize Full Metal Alchemist for example, it puts every other movie/cartoon to shame. The thoughtfullness that goes into them is astounding and they really are works of art. Stupid people don't like anime and those without good taste, they tell stories better than any other medium. SO THERE!

Don't like the music in the second one but the vid is good at least.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Well thanks for YOUR opinion and look, golly gee you posted some anime for us. Well I will have to watch them.....I guess....... to see if you have pointed out anything other than that....I know to be true.

I will get back to you on it I assure you.

P.S. Stupid things entertain Stupid people and to borrow a phrase "stupid is as stupid does" and anime fits stupid very well. Anime is to adults as some parents, grandparents say Sponge Bob is to THEIR children.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Record of Lodoss War
Tri-Gun
Ranma 1/2
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell
Serial Experiments Lain
Fushigi Yugi

Watch those^^

Excellent stuff.

Most anime is crap, but there are some good ones out there.

[edit on 24/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

[edit on 24/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Check out 'Akira' a brilliant piece of cinema and Anime.

The thing to bare in mind is that because of the cultural origin, those of us in the western northern hemisphere will have to work harder to understand the nuances.

Not Anime but 'Tetsuo: The Iron Man' is an amazing film.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Code Geass
Bleach
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop

They are also great ones.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Forgot about Akira, Bleach, and Cowboy Bebop.

I liked Those Who Hunt Elves. Pretty funny

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well damn! I expected more support, however I am going to do my best and view some of the counter argument material. I do not believe that my mind will be changed much.

For any of you that think that I am trolling, I assure you, I am not!! I truly hate anime and believe it is nothing but abstract nonsense that contributes nothing to the person watching it and only taints the mind of those partaking in it.

I also believe that most of you that have responded thus far are probably less than 30 years of age and are unmarried and are obviously not out camping this Memorial Day holiday.

Thanks for the input thus far, it is greatly appreciated!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry, but you probable saw few animes in your life.
Miyazaki movies are fantastic
Cowboy Bebop
Paranoid Agent
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell
Oh My Goddess!

the list of good animes I know is huge but tbh you need tell which "theme" you like.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you'd like to see what anime can be aside from robots, naked women, pistol opera and mystical martial arts, watch Grave of the Fireflies. It's one of the most moving films I've ever seen.

For fantasy, I'd pick Princess Mononoke.

For action, Ninja Scroll. And why hasn't this one been mentioned yet?

And for some of all of the above plus a touch of conspiracy and mysticism, The Golden Triangle (If you can find it. I watched a bootleg many years ago and haven't ever found it otherwise, though I didn't look very hard.)

That's really only if you're interested in something that might give you different perspective. I'm not much of an anime fan overall, so I sympathize. If you aren't, then feel free to keep hating. No judgments from me.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Funny thing is alot of the most intelligent people I have known has loved anime. I can't imagine why though to be honest.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Anime kicks ass, some suck sure but if you look you shall find awesome entertaining stuff.

Bleach is probably one you would get hooked on, the characters look normal and the story is funny and packed full with action. Here is a picture of the main character Kurosaki Ichigo at full power, badass.
He is a hybrid, half Death God and half Hollow, in this image his mindless hollow has taken over his soul.

img34.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Bleach, Death Note, and Darker Than Black are my favorites. You really should give it another chance, there are so many different kinds of anime. Find the type you like and you will be hooked. The stories are hilarious, action packed with great characters.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by DraconianKing]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
Well damn! I expected more support, however I am going to do my best and view some of the counter argument material. I do not believe that my mind will be changed much.

For any of you that think that I am trolling, I assure you, I am not!! I truly hate anime and believe it is nothing but abstract nonsense that contributes nothing to the person watching it and only taints the mind of those partaking in it.

I also believe that most of you that have responded thus far are probably less than 30 years of age and are unmarried and are obviously not out camping this Memorial Day holiday.

Thanks for the input thus far, it is greatly appreciated!

I'm in my 40's and I live with my girlfriend and we enjoy anime.

I love Death note, but couldn't get into Ghost in the Shell. Elfen Lied was good even though it was some of the most disturbing stuff I've ever seen on TV. Tenjo Tenge is also good.

I don't quite understand why the OP thinks Anime will come to an end

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There's the requisite Dragon Ball. Any retard who likes escapist entertainment would love this. And the best Anime of 'em all, Yu Yu Hakushu!

Animated entertainment that only the superior Japanese can create!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join