learn more

Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UncleVinny

That's a good point there Uncle Vinny -thanks for the reply.

Here's another interesting thread on pilot UFO sightings from SeekerLou:

Pilot UFO Sightings Recordings

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hey karl 12 , great thread !

What do you think about this case from France ?

The Mirage IV - UFO Encounter, Chaumont France 1977 - Mirage jet bomber traveling at mach I was approached and followed by an unidentified light source. The pilot reportedly performed evasive maneuver to confirm the objects presence and both crew members could distinguish the light was the front of a dark solid object. Pilot reported craft sped away at Mach II and approximately one minute later returned for a repeat performance of the previous events. Object reportedly sped away and crew lost sight of unknown craft. According to Jacques Vallee a witness on the ground observed the events (see video) case status - unsolved

Mirage IV - French supersonic bomber
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_IV

On March 7, 1977, at 20:34, Major René Giraud had engaged the automatic pilot of a bomber nuclear-capable supersonic Mirage IV he was flying with Captain John Paul Abraham as your browser. They were returning from a night navigation exercise to Luxeuil Air Base and were in the Chaumont area in the department of Haute Marne, flying at an altitude of 9750 meters and a speed of Mach 0.9 in excellent visibility conditions.

They noticed a bright light coming straight at their Mirage on a collision course with them, and they had first thought was that this could be a jet fighter, but when they radioed to ground control Contrexéville to report it and obtain an identification, they learned that the ground radar showed nothing and that no other aircraft was known to be in this sector. The ground controller asked them to check their oxygen, which indicates that he probably thought that the crew may have hallucinations.

The light seemed to become progressively larger as it approached their aircraft in their right rear. The pilot was flying at Mach 0.98 and made a right turn then to the left to ascertain the nature of light. While they were performing these maneuvers, both were able to distinguish the light was in front of a dark massive object. Despite their evasive maneuver, the unidentified object just managed to stay behind for a few seconds, a very dangerous situation if the unknown object had hostile intentions. Then the object made a turn toward the northwest at an estimated speed of Mach II, and went to the left of the Mirage IV.

Giraud said later that although the object has been left at that time, he felt as observed, and said to Abraham: "You will see, it will return."

www.les-ovnis.com...
Translated Article alturl.com...

About 45 seconds later, the unidentified flying object or another one exactly similar reappeared at the rear right of the Mirage, and Giraud performed a second time the evasive maneuver, banking even sharper to the right at 6.5G then again to the left, while the UFO also performed the same pass than the first one, and then sped away.

Internal discussion in the Air Forces about the incident made clear that the unidentified object was could only have been supersonic, although no sonic boom were reported in the area at that time, that no other known traffic was in the area, and that it was highly anomalous that the UFO did not appear on the ground control radarscope.

All the radio conversations between the crew and ground control were recorded and kept for some time, which allowed a written transcript.

Giraud, who came out of the Air Force with the rank of Colonel, expressed himself publicly on several occasion, including on French national TV, about this experience. While not ready to speculate on the nature of the object, he made clear that the UFO performed active maneuvers in reaction to the presence of the Mirage, and reactive maneuvers when the Mirage IV took evasive action, as if an intelligence piloted it.

www.ufocasebook.com...
wiki.razing.net...

Interview with René Giraud

Giraud, René (Colonel)

"That evening, in command of the Arbois bomber squadron, I have just carried out a night flight exercise on board a Mirage IV bomber with my navigator, Captain Jean-Paul Abraham. We return to Luxeuil at an altitude of 9750 meters and at an approximate speed of 1000 kilometers per hour. We are above Chaumont when a gleaming light arrives toward us. It is identical to the signalisation headlight of a Mirage III jet fighter. Does the controller radar of Contrexéville sleep? The object continues to approach, on the same level than us... It's not normal, he should remain below. I warn the ground controller, but he says to me that there is absolutely nothing. And that thing approaches... It is not a plane, it is not a missile. I gently start to turn to the right. And it remains inside my turn, stuck to my trajectory. At once, I bank sharply. This object is straightforwardly pacing us at less than 1 km in our back as taking position to shoot us down! It flies much more quickly than me... And this will last 40 seconds! There is absolutely nothing I can do... I slow my turn down, and this thing leaves at an unbelievable speed! 30 seconds after I had taken the direction of the Air base again, I say to my navigator: "Careful, that thing will come back!... I feel that I am being observed! I turn very sharply to the right after having put the engines at full thrust. The object plays the same game again. And there, it come very near. I have an impression of a shape and large mass behind us, much larger than my Mirage. Jean-Paul tries to take photographs. I slightly reverse my turn and the light goes again towards the West with a fantastic acceleration, producing some sort of a trail... When we landed at Luxeuil, we were shaken..."

think-aboutit.com...

Another major case, which has been cited by Jacques Patenet on the TV program "C dans l'air," above mentioned, is a very close confrontation with a UFO in the air by a military pilot, Colonel Giraud, aboard a Mirage IV nuclear bomber in 1977. It was already presented, prominently, in the Cometa report in 1999.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The Cometa Report
www.ufoevidence.org...
Search results for The Mirage IV - UFO Encounter, France 1977

Jacques Vallee discussing the 1977 Mirage IV Jet-Pilot UFO Encounter
& The 1956 Orly Airport Incident

edit on 3-9-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Fascinating stuff mate and have never realy looked into that case much (but certainly will do now
)

Have had very little internet time recently but have you ever heard any more on the Stephenville incident(s) and claims of overflying military jets -some of the object descriptions do sound quite familiar but the case seems to have dropped off the map.
Cheers.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Fox News video with more info about pilot UFO sightings and an interview with Retired Air Force Colonel Robert B. Willingham:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
UFO incident investigated by Project Bluebook's Dr J Allen Hynek where three pilots witness a huge, vertical flying triangle off the coast of Florida:

link

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
UFO case involving a near mid air collision of a Boeing 737 and an unidentified flying object over Manchester airport in January 1995:

link

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join