Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting pilot report from over Germany taken from Captain Edward Ruppelt's book 'The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects'.

Toward the end of November a wire came into Project Sign from Germany. It was the first report where a UFO was seen and simultaneously picked up on radar. This type of report, the first of many to come, is one of the better types of UFO reports. The wire said:

At 2200 hours, local time, 23 November 1948, Capt. saw an object in the air directly east of this base. It was at an unknown altitude. It looked like a reddish star and was moving in a southerly direction across Munich, turning slightly to the southwest then the southeast. The speed could have been between 200 to 600 mph, the actual speed could not be estimated, not knowing the height. Capt. called base operations and they called the radar station. Radar reported that they had seen nothing on their scope but would check again. Radar then called operations to report that they did have a target at 27,000 feet, some 30 miles south of Munich, traveling at 900 mph. Capt. reported that the object that he saw was now in that area. A few minutes later radar called again to say that the target had climbed to 50,000 feet, and was circling 40 miles south of Munich.

Capt. - is an experienced pilot now flying F-80's and is considered to be completely reliable. The sighting was verified by Capt. - , also an F-80 pilot.

The possibility that this was a balloon was checked but the answer from Air Weather Service was "not a balloon." No aircraft were in the area. Nothing we know of, except possibly experimental aircraft, which are not in Germany, can climb 23,000 feet in a matter of minutes and travel 900 miles per hour.

Link

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
I like to concentrate my discussions on cases where i know there's been serious point/counterpoint (prosecution/defense) adversarial research, and that was also Hynek's view -- something couldn't even be called a 'UFO' until it had actually been seriously investigated. The percentage values, I got from Hynek and Hendry. Condon was dealing with a pre-massaged data set.

Thanks for the reply Jim and yes I agree that the Condon report data was pre-massaged - I also think some extremely serious questions need to be addressed about Dr Condon's objectivity (and active agenda) as a great many interesting cases were omitted or purposefully overlooked.

Dr James E. Mcdonald goes into more detail in this report and went on to present his findings to the U.N - there's also a link below which lists major discrepencies and explains how many pilot and police reports were wilfully ignored.

"Specious argumentation, and argumentation of scientifically very weak nature, abound in the Report's case-analyses. And, while broadly charging bias on the part of those who have taken the UFO problem seriously in the past, the Report exhibits degrees of bias in the opposite direction that deserve the sharpest of criticism."

Dr James McDonald - Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and Professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona

Link

As for genuine prosaic explanations for UFO incidents, I'm all for them - I just think its highly suspicious when 'debunkers' refuse to take into account all the facts surrounding certain cases or abjectly refuse to address specific incidents - there's a quote below which I also think makes a very good point.

If you solve 10 million easy cases, but haven't touched the surface of the "real" phenomena (i.e. the true "core " cases), what have you really done?

Link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Flight 5959 flying out of Pittsburgh encounter UFO - February 27th, 1996.

Found at 0:35

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Pilot Audio UFO Report-O'Hare Airport Chicago:

Google Video Link

The Chicago O'Hare International Airport UFO Report. Numerous eyewitnesses, lots of press reporting of this UFO sighting. Daylight UFO sighting.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Great article dealing with commercial airline UFO encounters such as the Valencia incident, the Goose Bay incident, the Lisbon incident, the Canadian Pacific sighting etc..

Passenger Plane Sightings

Statistics show that across the world UFO sightings occur at a rate of around one every two or three minutes. Not surprising then that pilots of commercial airliners should be high on the list of people to have most witnessed them. It is a fact that ever since the beginning of flight and commercial aviation strange craft or disk shaped objects have proved the bafflement of many a professional pilot. In many cases the sightings have been witnessed by the entire crew and passengers - literally hundreds of separate witnesses to each individual incident.

In the early days of commercial aviation these sightings proved something of a novelty. Pilots and air crew were happy to recount their experiences to any one who would listen. Gradually however this openness began to disappear. Airlines became increasingly sensitive to these issues, some even going as far as to prohibit their pilots from talking publicly of their sightings.

Link

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interesting pilot encounter from Russia:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hi,

Dont know if this has been posted but its very interesting!

Witnesses saw a Typhoon Jet swoop in towards a disk shaped craft over Snowdonia ( Wales uk ) apparently the craft stopped the jet in mid air and turned it on its end.

Fascinating, here is the link to the pdf file.

Link

I have looked for the pilots account but sadly to no avail, I guess they really were silenced?

Apologys in advance if this has already been posted.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
Witnesses saw a Typhoon Jet swoop in towards a disk shaped craft over Snowdonia ( Wales uk ) apparently the craft stopped the jet in mid air and turned it on its end.

Fascinating, here is the link to the pdf file.

Link

I have looked for the pilots account but sadly to no avail, I guess they really were silenced?

Hi Beauty_HairyBeast, thanks for posting the link -I'd never heard of that case before but I know Wales has had its fair share of freaky UFO incidents - will keep a look out for further info.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
I'm really confused here Jim, yes, the BOLA Case is the LA Event in February of 1942. Seriously? You have nothing more to add?

Jim, surely you are aware, in Science what we do is make guesses, called Hypotheses...

So, if I'm reading you correctly, it's like you're saying "I want to know the answer to this question, but I'm not willing to consider all of the possibilities."

You state that "NOT knowing something is no excuse for jumping to actually KNOWING something else."

Seriously, I'd like your answer to that question, without avoidance or indirect dodging.

In the BOLA Case...during bombardment (VTOL flight had yet to be mastered by humans, even balloons have drift, and fall under fire...)

So seriously Jim, I'd appreciate it if you would extend to my question a bit more respect...

If you really just don't have a theory, I'll continue to support the Extra-Terrestrially Built/Flown Craft theory, and I'll kindly ask you not to challenge that with 'tactics', but with Science.

What I'm looking for here Jim, is if you don't think it's ET in those cases, what is YOUR theory? And how does YOUR theory stand up to the available evidence.

Thank you very much for considering these arguments.

Whoa, PWNED! Thanks for this. Does he do this to every thread he posts on? You know, calling people stupid and incompetent with his thesaurus in hand?

I especially loved the "when you get a little living under your belt" part, like everyone here is a junior high school student, or that even if they were their opinion on this matter is worthless. Go back under your rock, Jim. Believe it or not, some people on here want to just enjoy reading the cases, not be subject to your completely inane, backhanded hating.

Aren't there any osteoporosis forums you could be frequenting?

EDIT: And by the way, if you're not going to intelligently reply to the specific post I quoted then we all know your agenda and you might as well just give it up, you'll only look more foolish in your endeavor.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by NASA is ASAN]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

NASA is ASAN, I don't think WFA has posted here for a while but I agree he makes some fair points and I too would be interested to hear a response.

Here's a bit of a crazy multiple pilot UFO encounter from Japan, 1965 involving an unknown object radiating a greenish light - the incident was announced to other aircraft by the control tower and the object was also observed by witnesses on the ground.

See 7:45

Continued:

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
NASA is ASAN, I don't think WFA has posted here for a while but I agree he makes some fair points and I too would be interested to hear a response.

I don't mean to be combative or anything, it's just that you've put together quite an awesome thread and collection of cases, then all of a sudden we got a guy trolling the thread (thesaurus in hand, you know, to appear smarter than he actually is) ruining the atmosphere. If he wasn't so blatant in his condescending trolling I wouldn't have responded in such a manner.

However, he's trying to bully people intellectually and these jokers need to be put in their place lest they get out of hand.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NASA is ASAN
I don't mean to be combative or anything, it's just that you've put together quite an awesome thread and collection of cases, then all of a sudden we got a guy trolling the thread (thesaurus in hand, you know, to appear smarter than he actually is) ruining the atmosphere.

NASA is ASAN, thanks for the reply (and the kind words about the thread) - as I said I think WitnessFromAfar does raise some good points in the post above and would be interested to see a sincere response to it.

I don't know if you've seen the work of Dr James Mcdonald before but he covers some very interesting pilot UFO cases in this statement to the U.S. House Committee on Science and Aeronatics:

Why Don't Pilot's See UFOs?

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
1995 America West Airlines UFO incident involving NORAD:

A west bound America West B-757 airliner encountered a UFO with flashing lights along its length on May 25, 1995. The passenger jet was flying over the panhandle of Texas when it observed the unknown object. Thanks be to investigator Walter N. Webb, of the UFO Research Coalition for his thorough investigation of the case. Webb was able to get copies of the FAA voice tapes of chatter between the plane and ground. He also interviewed the crew and air traffic controllers..

Link

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Extremely strange UFO report involving pilots of a passenger jet witnessing an unknown object make a right angle turn then submerge into the ocean.

Pilots Witness Two UFOs separate and One USO Submerge

December 22, 1977.

"We were out about six hundred miles over the Atlantic at 21,000 feet heading in to Logan. The weather was clear except for some widely scattered clouds beneath us. It was 11:40 p.m. and I had a guy by the name of Slim Dickson as co-pilot. We had just been having a cup of coffee and Slim had set his cup on the panel next to his right elbow. As he put the cup down, he glanced out to what would be between one and two o'clock, and suddenly he grabs me by the arm.

"Reflexively I swiveled my head to look at him and caught this dazzle of twinkling lights coming at us from the starboard side, just ahead, and appearing maybe about fifty feet below. Instantly Slim and I realized that whatever the thing was, it was moving in a hurry, that it was entirely too close, and appeared to be about to cross in front of, or about to collide with us. And it was huge!

"I slammed on some power, hauled the nose up and prayed we'd go over top of that thing. Just as we started to climb, this thing swept straight up, did an impossible right angle turn and begins to pace us. I don't see how ANYTHING could have executed a maneuver like that -- I mean almost a simultaneous two-directional turn -- up and to the right, not to mention coming to damned near a dead stop"

"We couldn't detect any sound, see any prop or jet wash, nor see any exhaust. It just kept flashing a lot of lights around the middle. Once we leveled off again, the thing stayed just ahead of us off to our right and we had a chance to observe it.We couldn't see any hard outline or shape to it but, you could tell it was circular because of the lights...

"I don't mind telling you I was nervous as hell, and Slim, he was chalk white and scared stiff. It suddenly occurred to me...what if the passengers are watching that thing? What am I going to tell them? I didn’t want panic back there, so I buzzed the stewardess. When she came on the phone I asked her how things were back there? She answered, "Okay, why?" l said, “Oh, nothing, Just checking.” l figured as long as she hadn’t made any mention of the thing out there, then evidently none of the passengers had spotted it. The object may just have been far enough forward to be out of their sight line.

"Now comes, the wacky part of the whole thing. While we were watching the UFO, suddenly this other glowing thing drops out from underneath it. The damned thing drops out from underneath it. The damned thing looked a neon-green smoke ring. It dropped away from the larger UFO down toward the water … and submerged! We saw the glowing green circle of water where it went in, and then the glow disappeared!

“Seconds later, two more green rings dropped out. The second one dropped away and submerged like the first one, but the third one dropped down and then shot straight ahead to disappear toward the coast".

Full report

UFO/Water Reports

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Pilot UFO report taken from "Introductory Space Science - USAF Academy" textbook.

More recently, on 24 July 1957 Russian anti-aircraft batteries on the Kouril Islands opened fire on UFO's. Although all Soviet anti-aircraft batteries on the Islands were in action, no hits were made. The UFO's were luminous and moved very fast. We too have fired on UFO's. About ten o'clock one morning, a radar site near a fighter base picked up a UFO doing 700 mph. The UFO then slowed to 100 mph, and two F-86's were scrambled to intercept. Eventually one F-86 closed on the UFO at about 3,000 feet altitude. The UFO began to accelerate away but the pilot still managed to get within 500 yards of the target for a short period of time. It was definitely saucer-shaped. As the pilot pushed the F-86 at top speed, the UFO began to pull away. When the range reached 1,000 yards, the pilot armed his guns and fired in an attempt to down the saucer. He failed, and the UFO pulled away rapidly, vanishing in the distance.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Very interesting testimony from Peruvian Air Force Commander Oscar Alfonso Huertas:

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

"At this point, I came within about 300 feet of the UFO. It was about 30 feet in diameter. It was an enameled, cream-colored dome, with a wide, circular, metallic base. It had no engines, no exhausts, no windows, no wings or antennae. It lacked all the typical aircraft components, with no visible propulsion system."

Thread

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
DP
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join