It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hernán Gabrielli Rojas, a retired Chilean Brigadier General reports "Colossal" UFO over the deserts of northern Chile:

General Gabrielli recounts UFO encounter

General Gabrielli recalls that in 1978, while conducting a training flight involving a pair of Northrop F-5E Tiger IIs not far from Antofagasta, their radars alerted them to the presence of a mammoth intruder.
"It was noon and I was flying with captain Danilo Catalán -we were both flight instructors," Gabrielli told the journalist.
" Accompanying us were avionics tech Fernando Gómez and another trainee. The F-5 is radar equipped, and a line appeared from side to side-in other words, a trace throughout the bottom side of the screen.
A trace for a surface ship, a cruiser, is approximately one centimeter long, but this line went from one side [of the screen] to another.

I assumed the radar scope had failed, and I said as much to Danilo Catalán, but his radar also "failed".
I then advised the ground radar at Antofagasta and they also picked up the line. We were engaged with these details when we looked toward the east: we were flying from north to south in the vicinity of Mejillones, and saw a deformed cigar-shaped object. Deformed, like a plantain banana. It was swathed in smoke."
The general estimated the size of the craft as being comparable to that of a dozen aircraft carriers.
"It was large and must have been some 15 to 20 miles away. It moved in the same direction as us. We had no missiles, guns or anything. As you can imagine, the fright was more or less considerable. We could see a large thing surrounded in smoke, and from which a vapor issued.
All of this situation must have lasted some five minutes. We approached the UFO but it was motionless. It neither approached nor retreated -it merely sailed parallel to us. It was quite impressive, because it was truly something strange, and something could be seen in concealment behind the smoke," he recalled.
Although the F-5E's are equipped with gun cameras, the general did not say if any footage had been obtained. The UFO "mothership" eventually vanished, heading toward Easter Island.
"The sky cleared and the lines on the radar vanished," he informed Riffo. "However, there had been an object physically flying there. It's not a yarn, let me tell you. It's my only experience with UFOs."

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Pilot 'flees' from giant cone-shaped UFO pacing plane:

Date:September 20, 1966

A Winter Haven, Florida, private pilot reported he fled from a giant cone-shaped UFO which kept his plane in shadow for about three minutes on the morning of September 20, 1966

..The object made a "singing" noise like automobile tires on a wet pavement. When his plane was completely in the shadow of the object for several minutes and it continued to follow him, O'Connor became apprehensive. He pulled his plane up, reduced power and stalled out, diving as fast as he could without putting undue strain on his small plane. He dropped to 3500 feet before looking up again.
"That's when I was frightened," he later reported. "That thing had not changed in size at all, but was still with me and pacing me. It was still as big as a football field."

Briefly O'Connor thought of shooting at the UFO with a .38 special he kept in the cockpit, but about that time the object appeared to change shape to a wedge, then a thin line, and then vanished."I realized it was climbing," O'Connor said, "doing a reverse peel-off in a 360 degree turn. We don't have an aircraft that could do this I think. It was more like the thing was falling ‘up’.”

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
UFO incident from over Lakeheath,UK in early 2007 - pilot radio transmissions featured below (graphics are purely entertainment value):

Real audio (using fake graphics) recorded in early 2007 of two American F-15 pilots as they pursue a UFO near RAF Lakenheath, England

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
UFO hovers over airport runway - pilots refuse to take off.

MOSCOW, January 27, 2001.

(Agence France Presse)
An airport in southern Siberia was shut down for an hour and a half on Friday when an unidentified flying object (UFO) was detected hovering above its runway, the Interfax news agency reported.

The crew of an Il-76 cargo aircraft of the company "Altaï" refused to take off, claiming they saw a luminescent object hovering above the runway of the Siberia's Barnaul airport, local aviation company director Ivan Komarov was quoted as saying.

The crew of another cargo plane, refusing to use the runway for the same reason, landed their jet at another airport, Komarov said.

The UFO took off and vanished from the airport 90 minutes later, according to the report.

((c) 2001 Agence France Presse)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/185680b516ed.gif[/atsimg]

Debunk:

...According to the comment of a scientist from the Barnaul planetarium: Venus or the moon.

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
UFO Observed By Pilots Making 90 Degree Turn ~ September 10, 1951

On 10 September, Major Ballard and Lt. Rogers of the 148th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, spotted an unidentified object over Sandy Hook, New Jersey. Their T-33 was at 20,000 feet, the object was well below, heading southwest. Lt. Rogers was first to sight the object since Major Ballard was making a position report

Lt. Rogers followed the object in a diving turn to the left descending to an altitude of about 16,000 fet with the object about 8,000 feet below and to the right of the aircraft. Thereafter he tried to keep a course paralleling, but above, that of the object.

As soon as Major Ballard completed his radio report he was notified of the strange object. Both watched it make a 90 degree turn to the left and kept it under observation together while it covered approximately 20 miles before it disappeared out to sea.

On the same date a radar station at Ft. Monmouth reported two targets that were unidentified, traveling over 700 mph, and giving returns that could not be explained as being equipment malfunction, anomalous propagation, or anything but an actual target as described in the attached report.

www.nicap.org...

USAF Documents:

Document One

Document Two

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Helicopter UFO incident - Mansfield, Ohio, October 18th, 1973.

Pilot Testimony:

"With the aircraft under my control, I observed the red-lighted object closing upon the helicopter at the same altitude at a high rate of speed. It became apparent a mid-air collision was about to happen unless evasive action was taken."
"I looked out ahead of the helicopter and observed an aircraft I have never seen before. This craft positioned itself directly in front of the moving helicopter.
This craft was 50 to 60 feet long with a grey metallic structure. On the front of this craft was a large steady bright red light. I could delineate where the red stopped on the structure of this craft because red was reflecting off the grey structure. The design of this craft was symmetrical in shape with a prominent aft indentation on the undercarriage. From this portion of the undercarriage, a green light, pyramid-shaped, emerged with the light initially in the trail position.
This green light then swung 90 degrees, coming directly into the front windshield and lighting up the entire cockpit of the aircraft. All colors inside the cabin of the helicopter were absorbed by this green light. That includes the instrument panel lights on the aircraft."
"As a result of my experience, I am convinced this object was real and that these types of incidents should require a thorough investigation. It is my own personal opinion that worldwide procedures need to be established to effectively study this phenomena through an international cooperative effort. The establishment of a Transponder Code for aircraft flying worldwide is needed, to identify to ground controllers that a pilot is indeed experiencing a UFO phenomena and that pilot anxiety can be reduced to provide safe effective flying, knowing he is under radar control."

Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence J. Coyne describing UFO encounter he witnessed with three other airmen over Mansfield Ohio,October 18, 1973.
Quote taken from United Nations UFO hearing in 1978.

Thread:

The Coyne incident, Mansfield, Ohio, 1973

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Navy Pilot witnesses Flying Disc:

January 1, 1978; Santa Monica, California; 12:45-1:00 p.m.

Witnesses: Floyd P. Hallstrom (37 years flying experience, as a Navy combat air crewman and personal crew chief to admirals, including the Commander-in-Chief of the Atlantic Fleet)

Features: Disc with dome and portholes, sun reflecting off dome.

While flying a Cessna 170A airplane from Oxnard, California, to San Diego, Hallstrom was approaching Santa Monica at 7,500 feet altitude. Ahead of him was a friend, Jim, ferrying a new airplane to San Diego. Hallstrom was following him and was scheduled to transport him back to Oxnard after he delivered the plane. The sky was clear except for a smog layer in the vicinity of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

"I spotted [the UFO] just on the edge of the haze area above LAX slightly to the east side... I thought it was Jim so I watched it for about a minute because he had just given me his position report, but it seemed to get larger and coming toward me so I naturally realized that it wasn't Jim... I started looking to see what it was but I could see no wings on this aircraft although at this time I could see windows which appeared to be passenger windows in the aircraft. As it drew nearer though, I was able to determine that there were no wings or horizontal empennage assembly to the aircraft as a conventional aircraft..."

Hallstrom wondered if it was some kind of helicopter, but it was approaching at high speed. He looked down at an angle of about 30-45 degrees at the UFO as it passed about 6,000 feet to his left. There were no rotors, no tail assembly.

"All of a sudden I was able to make out the complete form of a saucer shape or round object... I could see the dome, also very vividly clear, including all the windows... [I] observed it to be of a very bright metal...it was more of a nickel or highly polished chrome or stainless steel type of metal than aluminum because it had more of a mellow glow than [if] it was of the type finish on a high finish aluminum."

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by workerB
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the reply but that video had very little to do with pilot UFO sightings and wasn't very good.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Radar confirmed UFO paces passenger jet.

Orly airport, France, February 1956:

In the night from February 17 to 18, 1956, at 10:50 P.M., an echo corresponding to an object of a size twice higher than that of the largest planes then in service appeared on the radar of the international civilian airport of Orly, close to Paris. No plane was supposed to be there at this time. The radar technicians initially restricted themselves to following the manoeuvers of the object, manoeuvers which were completely different from all that they had been able to observe up to now.

Its speeds varied from total immobility to a speed of 1500 miles per hour.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5dcf1030e10.jpg[/atsimg]

PARIS. -- "It was certainly not a weather balloon", declared to the press Mr. Michel Desavoye, the Air France pilot who, alerted by the control tower of Orly, last Saturday, saw in the Parisian sky a red twinkling light whose origin remains mysterious.

36 years old, Mr. Desavoye has navigated on all the air lines of the world for five years as pilot of Air France. Here his account:

"I had taken off from Orly at 11:55 p.m. on board a DC-3 freight transport bound for London. I have been in charge of this daily service, outward and return, for one month. A few minutes after takeoff, the control tower of Orly reported to me an unidentified apparatus detected by radar moving towards Le Bourget, and who was to be on my flightpath. Mr. Baupetuy, my radio operator, and myself, then saw a little on our right and appreciably at the same height than us a red flashing light. We were at approximately 1.500 meters at the height of Orgival. Wanting to avoid the obstacle, I changed course.

"There, the light then disappeared suddenly. I resumed my flightpath. The radar reported to me that the "apparatus" was now above me. But this time I did not see anything."

"I am unable to give you an explanation of this phenomenon, adds Mr. Desavoye, but I never saw anything similar. All that I can affirm to you, is that it was in no case a plane, for we would have seen its position lights. The night was very black and I could not see from where this light came, which appeared in any event twice larger than position lights normally are."

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
UFO visualy correllated by pilot and ground radar for 49 minutes.

49 MINUTES RADAR VISUAL UFO OBSERVATION, 1955:
INTEREST:
The report is quite spectacular.

It is a copy of a preliminary report of the Pepperell AFB, Newfoundland UFO sighting.

The authors are aware of the importance of the sighting: they acknowledge that there are radar/visual sightings "from time to time," but this one lasted 49 minutes.

Also, the pilot and the ground radar operator communicated in real time what the manoeuvers of the objects were and the concordance is established "exactly."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f92be1859b26.gif[/atsimg]
files.abovetopsecret.com...

REFERENCES:
Title: UNUSUAL UFOB REPORT
To: Acting Assistant Director of Scientific Intelligence
From: Chief of physics and Electronic Scientific Intelligence
Date: 07.12.1955
Length: 1 page
Classification: Unclassified
CC: ASD/SI, GND/SI, SS/SI

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Interesting comment made by Nick Pope from the British Ministry of Defense.

"Certainly when I socialized with my RAF colleagues, I would find that they were a little bit more receptive to the idea of UFOs--and by that I mean perhaps even an extraterrestrial explanation for this -- than you might have supposed. One of the reasons for that was that so many RAF pilots had actually seen things themselves. Many of them have never made an official report. I had one chap tell me that he had seen something over the North Sea. I asked him why he hadn't reported it, and he said, 'I don't want to be known as Flying Saucer Fred for the rest of my career.'"

Nick Pope - Head of the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defence.

Link

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
U.S. President Ronald Reagan -Pilot UFO Sighting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9de2f617c372.jpg[/atsimg]

"I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said,Have you ever seen anything like that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light.We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."

President Ronald Reagen (Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, then Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.)

"I was the pilot of the plane when we saw the UFO. Also, on board were Governor Reagan and a couple of his security people. We were flying a Cessna Citation. It was maybe nine or ten o'clock at night. We were near Bakersfield when Governor Reagan and the others called my attention to a big light flying a bit behind the plane. It appeared to be several hundred yards away. It was a fairly steady light until it began to accelerate then it appeared to elongate. The light took off. It went up at a 45-degree angle at a high rate of speed. Everyone on the plane was surprised. Governor Reagan expressed amazement. I told the others I didn't know what it was. The UFO went from a normal cruise speed to a fantastic speed instantly. If you give an airplane power it will accelerate but not like a hotrod and that is what this was like. We didn't file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO. Paynter added the UFO incident didn't stop there. He stated that he and Reagan had discussed their UFO sighting from time to time in the years following the incident."

Pilot Bill Paynter

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Translation -Dutch pilot recording, UFO over Zuidlaren.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Over 20,000 pilot UFO encounters.

Interview at 11:20

Thread:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Debunk:

...According to the comment of a scientist from the Barnaul planetarium: Venus or the moon.

www.ufologie.net...

This was discussed at great length at 'whispers' UFO board. The runway was pointed directly at where Venus was, in fact, shining, and the time it set was the time the crew claimed it 'flew away'.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by JimOberg]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And here's the 'dirty little secret' about pilot reports of UFOs:

www.zipworld.com.au...

Experienced UFO investigators realize that pilots, who instinctively and quite properly interpret visual phenomena in the most hazardous terms, are not dispassionate observers.

Allen Hynek wrote: "Surprisingly, commercial and military pilots appear to make relatively poor witnesses..." The quote is from "The Hynek UFO Report", page 261 (Barnes and Noble reprint). (271 in original Dell, Dec 1977)

He found that the best class of witnesses had a 50% misperception rate, but that pilots had a much higher rate: 88% for military pilots, 89% for commercial pilots. the worst of all categories listed.

Pilots could be counted on to perceive familiar objects -- aircraft and ground structures -- very well, Hynek continued, but added a caveat: "Thus it might surprise us that a pilot had trouble identifying other aircraft, but it should come as no surprise that the majority of pilot misidentifications were of astronomical objects." Dell page 271

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Debunk:

www.ufologie.net...

This was discussed at great length at 'whispers' UFO board. The runway was pointed directly at where Venus was, in fact, shining, and the time it set was the time the crew claimed it 'flew away'.

Jim -did you even click on the link?

At the beginning of February 2001, Perry Petrakis of S.O.S OVNI, France, announced that he had other details given by the Russian ufologist Boris Shurinov to the Italian ufologist Edoardo Russo, and that the case is explained as Venus.

The July 2001 issue of the French VSD Special OVNI (UFO Special) reports on page 7 that on 6, 7 and 8 March, 2001, not far from Barnaul, a gentleman videotaped a total of one hour and half of a UFO appearance. The magazine reproduces 10 frames extracted the videos; which look spectacular. The magazine specifies that this case is without relationship with the Barnaul airport case, and that when this video was taken, the people at the airport did not see anything.

In November 2003, I had the opportunity to study another video of similar nature as long as I wanted, and for this latter video, I concluded that it showed Venus.

MUFON-CES (Germany) indicates that the second plane was a Yakovlev 40 passenger plane bound for Bugulma, that thereafter all the people at airport saw the UFO, which was first seen at 08:30 P.M., Moscow time.

Sergei Kurennoi, the chief airspace controller a Barnaul, said that he personally saw the object at an elevation of 15 to 20º above the horizon hovering visually above the end of the track. With his binoculars, he ditinguished a solid structure which radiated lights of various colors (red, green, purple, etc). At this time the UFO started to fly very slowly in the direction of Beresovka, it descended, and again modified its course in direction of Pavlovsk. After one hour and half, the object disappeared. During the entire observation, there was no noise. He confirms that nothing appeared on the radar.

The July 2001 issue of VSD Special OVNI (UFO special) publishes an investigation of Nina Louchick on page 8-9. Several witnesses indicates that it could not have been Venus because of the displacements, and that it was nothing as commonplace. It is confirmed that the radars did not detect anything.

Eric Maillot from the French Cercle Zetetique note that the direction in which the UFO was seen and precisely that in which Venus was in the sky at this time there. He explains that it is impossible that the pilots did not see Venus, that if the object had been there in addition to Venus they would have used Venus as locator to indicate that "the UFO was just beside Venus," for they could not have missed Venus at the site location.

www.ufologie.net...

Talking of Venus -I'd be interested to know if you agree with the USAF 'explanation' for the planet being responsible for the Portage County Incident of 1966?

You can read about it here:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Jim -did you even click on the link?
Talking of Venus -I'd be interested to know if you agree with the USAF 'explanation' for the planet being responsible for the Portage County Incident of 1966?

You're right, there's new material there I had not seen. Thanks, I sure will get into it...

Re Portage, I have no opinion on the case or the offered explanation. I have no problem with there being 'unsolved' UFO cases -- I just don't think that alone proves anything.

I appreciate the suggestion! Russian stuff really interests me. Thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join