It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO heads up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am automatically posting this here in the HOAX board because I have a feeling theres going to be a few UFO videos popping up very soon.
Possibly stating Brazil as the source.

To jump straight to the point there is a UFO art exhibit touring and they are keeping quiet on where it will be going next.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There is a strong possibility that many people will use video clips and pictures to claim it as a real 'UFO' and so you can refer to this video to compare the appearance and patterns.

So it is a good effect and not sure how its suspended in the air (possibly a remote control blimp) but just wanted to make people aware of it.
I fear this is as close to UFO's we are going to see on the news for the end of this month.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
what an @#*#$. I am sorry, but he is just another hoaxer. If this were art why would he present it in such a way that people would not know it is art? He just randomly flies this thing without saying where it will be?

Sounds like someone trying to fool people and then throw egg on them.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If this shows up on a unannounced place somewhere and we get a clip of it here we will instantly see it np.

I mean, look at the motion. You can VERY clearly see that it is hanging under something and kinda get "dragged" after it. For example, if he flies the helicopter and suddenly stop, the "ufo" will rock back and forth like a pendent.

So I don't think anyway here on ATS will be fooled by this.
So no worries. =)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While I understand the rationale and artistic intent. It's well, a bit unimaginative really - I want to deal with UFO's, so I'll build a UFO to fool people with it. Also, I'm not convinced by the idea what the work will ease fear of aliens(!).

Having said that, it would be fun to fly it around my neighborhood to see the reaction.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would to see that launched near a military installation

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Im not worried about ATS. I am worried about your average Joe whos opinion of the phenomenon is undecided, then he sees this and thinks he has seen something only to find out he has been had. Out of self defense he will immediately become anti ufo and feel all are fake.

This is the likely result.
This is what bothers me.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

They said what it was, it was part of a "cultural marathon", it was not presented as a real UFO, although I am sure some people were not aware of it, but they probably could ear the helicopter from which the 800 kg UFO was suspended.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
BUT what if?
some one stops their car to observe what they thought was this thing, and gets abducted by real aliens!!

Good thing I got U.F.O abduction insurance

[edit on 24-5-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I just watched this on TV. Weird stuff, but completely unimaginative.

2nd line.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
cheap rip off .. that craft is a replica of the ones used in the move close encouters of the third kind.
I like the open mind of women on the end of the clip .. stating maybe we will be less afraid of alien life.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Fill it up Scotty and let's take it into a Warpdrive outta this Starsysteem!!!*lol*

It's ART fooks, just art. Imagination and fantasy bound together into an object

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i don't get why the hate and over-protectiveness over this. the guy made something artistic and was showing it off, he came out saying he did it and the media picked it up.

i guess it's ok to make art about everything else we'll never get to see, ie: mermaids, dragons, jesus, etc.. but hang the bastard that makes art about flying disks!!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I Dont know whether to be angry at this guy or not, i applaud him for his obvious creativity but part of me wishes that some sort of rule is put in place to stop people hoaxing like this

basicly this guy peter coffin is an established artist based in america and he has created a ufo with the light's and all the bells and whistle's

The thing actaully looks convincing,it tricked me at first here is a brief discription of the 'craft'

The overall UFO structure is 7 metres in diameter and manufactured of aluminium for lightness. 3000 bright and individually controllable Color Kinetics LED nodes have been arrayed across the structure and are controlled via a solid state computer. An on board 6 kw generator provides the system power, and the overall UFO can be remotely controlled via SMS messaging.

This footage is of when he released it over a brazilian beach

YouTube Link

This video is another place but from the onboard camera interesting video

YouTube Link

Pics:

Fair play to the guy for paying his rent in such a innovative way but i cant help wondering what damage this is/could be doing to the whole UFOLOGY subject.

Between people creating homemade UFO'S

'Chinese lanterns'

'convincing CGI'

And plain old goverment alibi issue swamp gas it is becoming increasingly hard tp distinguish between the real and the ever increasing uber fake.

When he realeased it over brazil it had the desired affect and many people mistook it for a genuine UFO and its not hard to see why.

Just makes me wonder how many other UFO's i have seen that may have been something else.

What are your opinions on this?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Actually, i think this is pretty cool. It could have worked well for UFOlogy in general. The guy should have made photos and video (shaky and all) of his craft and have them analyzed to death (vids and pics separately) and ATER that reveal what it was.

It would be really interesting what people would come up with: photoshopped pics, cgi video, lanterns, helicopter etc.. and we could see who credible all those analysis turn out to be.
Cause after all, its a real flying craft!

btw, how did he make this thing fly?

[edit on 25/5/2009 by errorist]

top topics

join