It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire club in bid to curb overpopulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I
"Overpopulation" isn't just the number of people on the planet. It also includes all of the resources, time, money etc.. spent on food/shelter/healthcare for them.

Yes that's my point exactly. Overpopulation isn't the problem. Allocation of resources is the problem.

So then we have to take a step back and ask "WHY is allocation of resources a problem?"

And I will say it again, the reason we have a problem, is because those in control of the resources, have an agenda. It's as simple as that.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Man, what I would give toget copies of my book into the hands of these guys.

I bet none of them have ever stepped outside the scarcity paradigm.

Do you mean the book linked in your description? You reommended it to me a while back and i read it, very good btw.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Man, what I would give toget copies of my book into the hands of these guys.

I bet none of them have ever stepped outside the scarcity paradigm.

Do you mean the book linked in your description? You reommended it to me a while back and i read it, very good btw.

That is indeed the one.

I would love to introduce these billionaires to a new paradigm.

Thank you for reading it. I hope you offered it to others. [smile]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That is indeed the one.

I sent it on to a few people, not all liked it but then again not all poeple are open minded. What i wil lsay is that the simple mathematics prove that the earth can only accept so many people. If everyone wants to avoid that then there is nothing else to be said. Let it continue, let the water become more scarce, let the food dwindle, let the diseases increase and let millions die. Then maybe everyone will realise that there is a limit to the amount of people that the world can sustain without damaging the enviroment toa point that we lose our food supply.

From the serious decrease in fish in various oceans to the dust bowls in places where cows are raised. The environment can only take so much before the planet reacts. I don't mean conscientiously reacts of course, just standard principles of enviromental science.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Sure I can.

If you want a real living example of someone at the forefront of free energy who had his system pulled, look up Ralph Ring here on ATS. Mr Ring graciously hung out with Springer and various ATS amigos at the Bay Area UFO Expo 2007. You can go to the Project Camelot website and check out his interview there. He will tell you about his tenure at General Motors and was told in no uncertain terms to tear up his working free energy prototype and get back to what he was supposed to be working on.

We're getting off topic here but I'll indulge you. If he was working on some kind of free energy motor at the time why oh why on earth didn't he patient this? The man would be Bill Gates on crack! Stories are fun, they really are. However in journalism we need evidence! If he even remembers the basics of this system he'd be hailed as the savior of mankind. Somehow, I doubt it's going to be that simple though...

Other evidence of free energy systems include the 'aircar' - the car that literally runs off compressed air, and could also be applied to any energy generation situation. This story was on our prime time 6pm news about a year ago and got everybody at work talking about it. Not surprised that we have heard nothing about it since.

Well don't blame us for there being no real new news on a given story over a period of time. However in this case it's you that needs to do a bit more digging. I threw the worlds "compressed air car" into the Google News search (free and easy to access for everyone) and there have been 77 stories published on the topic since the beginning of this month.

Monsanto - watch the documentary Monsanto - Controlling Our Food on Google Video. You can see it for yourself - the Indian cotton farmers walking off their lands and killing themselves because they cannot afford to pay royalties to Monsanto, you'll see the contamination of the Mexican corn, the unscrupulous methods of lobbying the FDA to garner approval.

The issues the French have with genetically modified foods are far from being "factual" in their basis. I've done several stories on the subject myself. However even on the the issue of that, there is still a great deal of legitimate contention between the two sides. Monsanto has been found to be in violation of laws and to have unethical business practices several times in recent history. Again though it was the "mainstream-media" that brought this to the public's general attention and affected change, not some sensationalist upstarts.

Dr Boyd Graves discusses his evidence of AIDS created in a laboratory by humans here.

I'm sure you could find other compelling pieces of evidence to support my assertion through a simple Google search, you just have to keep digging. As a member of a conspiracy site, it is your duty to do so as a truth seeker.

As a journalist it is my job to find the facts, "Truth" is a polluted term in our culture. As for Dr. Graves, I see nothing here that could be even called reality! If the man has indeed been cured of AIDS then holy Jesus he's the greatest medical triumph since the Smallpox vaccination! In reality he is part of the radical reactionary movement that has sprung up in the world that sadly blames the United States for the virus. A claim that has been completely refuted by both the US's documentation and mainline virologists whom have tracked the HIV virus back to both it's natural vector and to a point in human history long before we even knew what RNA was, let alone how to make a virus.

Sorry, no Pulitzer for you, and might I suggest a few classes in journalistic ethics for you.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I
"Overpopulation" isn't just the number of people on the planet. It also includes all of the resources, time, money etc.. spent on food/shelter/healthcare for them.

Yes that's my point exactly. Overpopulation isn't the problem. Allocation of resources is the problem.

So then we have to take a step back and ask "WHY is allocation of resources a problem?"

And I will say it again, the reason we have a problem, is because those in control of the resources, have an agenda. It's as simple as that.

If their agenda is population reduction then it isn't' working too well...

The reason why resources are not allocated properly is because the world is not communistic. Resources are not allocated by any means except for capital - if you want to feed the poor, you donate to charity to allocate those resources... otherwise those resources will parish in a warehouse somewhere. This world is not some Utopian commune where everyone gets their share - fair or not.

... and nobody is going to want to keep taking responsibility of overpopulation into their own pocket by continually donating to hunger. I'm sure even billionaires get tired of paying their "guilt" allowance to impoverished countries.

People are tired of dealing with the problem... so, to relate it to the pharmaceutical industry... the world is tired of treating the disease. We are looking for a way to cure the disease... and that disease, of course, is overpopulation.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i agree that people sould exercise some self control and not live beyond their means, but its been said, this isn't utopia. despite education available in the 'first world' some folks seem to feel it is their obligation to abuse the welfare system and become a drain upon that which puts food on their table. just being on welfare is supposed to be incentive enough to want to to do better, instead it just propagates ignorance, poverty, and crime.

even if everyone agreed that there is an overpopulation concern how many of those people would be willing to sit easy with someone else (a bureaucrat) making that decision for them?

that list of cake-eaters could cut a check that would feed every hungry mouth on the planet for a life time...

[edit on 24/5/2009 by gravykraken] - spelling

[edit on 24/5/2009 by gravykraken]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oprah ........

My god, if we are going to let television show hosts help decide our future, we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

BILLIONAIRES really? How much money does ONE PERSON need in one life time anyway? How much of a difference could they make if they kept a few million for themselves and donated the rest to a cohesive global fund?

Just because a person has a lot of money, doesn't mean they have brains or the solutions to the worlds problems. All it proves is they have experience in Capitalism.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

That is indeed the one.

I sent it on to a few people, not all liked it but then again not all poeple are open minded.

Well, the story is to bring the concept of abundance to all. Whether they liked the story itself is irrelevant. They have the concept and perspective of abundance and the mapto gat there.

What i wil lsay is that the simple mathematics prove that the earth can only accept so many people.

Yes, but that number is easily ten times what it is now, and maybe much more. The issue is that the managing of and the distribution of the resources is very, VERY badly managed.

If everyone wants to avoid that then there is nothing else to be said. Let it continue, let the water become more scarce, let the food dwindle, let the diseases increase and let millions die.

This planet could be effectively farmed ORGANICALLY with robots such that everyone would have plenty to eat. Dean Kamen invented a water purification unit that, with the currently hidden free energy, could supply fresh, drinkable water virtually forever and for everyone.

And diseases have cures, most of which have been suppressed. If people are cured, money cannot be made from selling patented "medicines" that create more issues and bring "customers" back.

Then maybe everyone will realise that there is a limit to the amount of people that the world can sustain without damaging the enviroment toa point that we lose our food supply.

We would not lose food if we went about caring for the earth, planting organically and rotating crops.

From the serious decrease in fish in various oceans to the dust bowls in places where cows are raised. The environment can only take so much before the planet reacts. I don't mean conscientiously reacts of course, just standard principles of enviromental science.

Agreed - if we continue in the fashion we have been. But if we worked the planet with Her health in mind, did NOT do things for mere profit, we could reverse these trends, and heal our Earth.

But we have to do this by removing money. And it could be done IF the concepts and ideas are spread.

Thanks for sending the work onwards.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

Just because a person has a lot of money, doesn't mean they have brains or the solutions to the worlds problems. All it proves is they have experience in Capitalism.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Flighty]

You are missing the point of what it means to be rich and to have the most intelligent minds in your... pocket.

When you have people employed under you, they become a part of your "I".

as in, "I" came up with the idea... or so-and-so general won the war.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

It's not surprising that the smartest most powerful people are discussing ways to control it

US only has 6 % of the global population. It thinks that it is a superpower, ok, but it is China and India that have 50 % of the population. How is the US going to curb 2.5 billion population of India and China?

This is the NWO? US desires to have the scarce resources for its own use and that is the reason that they want to curb the population

Ian, Star and Flag

[edit on 25-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The entire population of the world can fit into a land space 6 miles wide and 120 miles long. From space, that is just a speck of land. The size of the population is not the problem, it is the standard of living for that population. If we all want nonrecyclable manufactured goods and are unwilling to sustain ourselves with simple foods, wish to travel over the earth, desire every form of health device, etc., we will continue to create cities and roadways, shopping centers, etc. We must simplify life. Large mansions for few people are killing us. Special watercraft, vehicles, aircraft, military weaponry are all being manufactured and produced on valuable land. The best choices require more work. It is more work for you to make a wooden countertop for your kitchen, then have to clean it and eventually replace it. However, it can be recycled. Countertops of formica, tile, silestone, etc. are manufactured and require heat, carbon dioxide, wastewater, etc. Start making things out of wood, start growing renewable forests. Look at your roof. It should be sustainable materials, like wood shake, not asphalt composition or tiles. Start at your home with your stuff. Consider it takes 8 lbs of grain to make 1 lb of meat, but you can also combine a grain and a legume to make a complete protein. Eat the B vitamin with synthetics, if you must. Stop trying to live to be 120. Stop using the drugs. Stop. If you continue to demand the products, you continue to make things worse. If someone is getting old and dying, let them die. Stop trying to prolong their life another 20 years. Stop filling up hospitals and nursing homes with the dying. Stop. Just stop. Let people get sick. Some will die. You don't have to go to the hospital for every little thing. Stop fearing death. Jesus is there on the other side waiting with love for you.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I've stated repeatedly in this forum that overpopulation is the #1 problem facing humans. It's not surprising that the smartest most powerful people are discussing ways to control it. If people aren't willing to consciously change themselves, then the people in charge will do it for you, and it probably won't be pretty.

If the cretins won't stop breeding you have to take drastic measures, we all know thats what this meeting was really about.

Where's the line drawn between YOU and the "cretins"?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Over population is such a sham. You could fit all 6.5 billion people in an area the size of Texas. Be it one big subdivision, a small house for each and every person on the planet. If you built two story duplexes we have enough room for 13 billion people. This leaves the entire planet available for resources. It amazes me how so many people buy into what you hear.

People in third world countries are starving because of the governments that oppress them and sell out the resources they do have.

edit to add: this would be a bit of a small house, but if you added say, an area the size of TX, OK, AR, and LA. You would be comfortable. You see a small area in comparison to the world.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by timewalker]

No offence intended, but unless you are a part of the blind Political Correctness Gone Mad Brigade (PCGMB), no sane person would argue that the world is NOT over-populated! (Unless all available evidence is completely skewed and corrupt, which I doubt.) And that scenario you described sounds like a nice fairytale, but that's all it is. Most people in the world don't want to live like cattle and share their basic utility needs with hundreds of other people.

Not saying we should be glad the global elite want to "help" reduce overpopulation, but that scenario you described is not going to happen in the current world in which we live.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Timewalker,

I am not saying that is a plan, I am saying look at the percentage of people to land mass on the planet. There is enough resources for everyone.

Translation: You crunched some numbers and discovered, yes, humans are indeed smaller than the planet.

What would you say to do, kill them all off. You would not be the one I would have in charge. You buy into everything you are fed obviously.

I wonder why it is that whenever depopulation comes up i get accused of wanting to kill off mass populations? I have never even made mention of such a thing. Do yourself a favor, and check out relevant posts i made in a different thread months ago,
www.abovetopsecret.com..., and don't end up like Phyberdragon. I don't know what the "buy into everything...fed" line means, it's a vague attack, but I'm definitely not buying into the words you're trying to put in my mouth, and hope that no one else is either.

Sunny_2008ny,

US only has 6 % of the global population. It thinks that it is a superpower, ok, but it is China and India that have 50 % of the population. How is the US going to curb 2.5 billion population of India and China?

I'm not sure that everyone in this meeting was American, and I'm not so sure they have America's best interests in mind. On being a superpower....the US is still the 3rd largest country population wise, and controls much of the worlds wealth and military power, does that fit your definition of a superpower? The U.S. is not going to do anything, the elite might...but how worried are they about china, who have done a marvelous job of curbing their own population for the past 20 somethin years, and India, who is up and coming, and for this reason will probably see a drop in birth rates, as most of the first world does. It's probably the more broke countries they are worried about. But look at what they are up against, aren't people like the pope and george bush just making it harder to control populations in humane ways? I wonder if they really discuss the more drastic measures....they must right?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

pretty simple, I'm aware of the problem of over population, and I'm therefor not breeding.

whats that i see? ah....a line between us.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

pretty simple, I'm aware of the problem of over population, and I'm therefor not breeding.

whats that i see? ah....a line between us.

So no one can have kids now. those who want to raise a family, continue their dna line. humans are here to reproduce like any other animal. Everything in life we do, is about finding a mate and procreating. We are driven by instincts to procreate. Humans want to live as long as they can and instinctively want to pass on the genes, keep the species going. But if your willing to never have kids. Then fair play for taking one for the team. But family to me is THE most important thing in the world.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by timewalker

so you're saying, maybe we should just not worry about population increases, we should all learn to get along, double our population, and live as one big happy family in a sprawling texas sized condo complex?

You would be an example of the kind of social engineer I would NOT want in charge.

What he's saying is, don't listen to propaganda, think for yourself. Sure, overpopulation, will become a problem in the future, but it is alot further away than you think. As stated, most of the population o our planet ould live in texas, comfortably.

We don't need to depopulate our planet, we need to make sure that the population of our planet is healthy and well cared for, at the moment, that is only a very small percentage of us. We should be using socio-economic programs to boost these less fortunate up to our level.

I agree with you, we have got to were we are (not directly) by climbing on their backs, using them as a cheap workforce to provide our things, our luxuries, we now have the opportunity to help them up onto our level.

I remember reading a while back about an idea that America had gotten from the chinese. They were discussing turning Africa into one large factory (not literally), but most of the jobs there would be factory workers, this would create thousands upon thousands of jobs, a reason to build shelters, schools and hospital facilities and was stated that it could help save the thrid world.

You reckon this would be a good or a bad idea? I think it could be done, and done well, but how hard will it be not to exploit these people, as we have done for centuries.

EMM

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yeah EMM gets it, except one thing, I DO think depopulation would be a good idea, I don't advocate doing it quickly.

I don't think that no one should have kids, just think that less people should.
And then less, and then less...bring down the number of people having kids gradually generation by generation until you have something manageable. Think about it, small efficient populations with advanced technology, this is the stuff utopias are made of.

You have to think for yourself and live life on purpose, not on instinct. How do you define cretin?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

There's no overpopulation problem. It's a myth. The only reason there's "Over Population" is because it's made up and all the resources are hogged by a few wealthy psychos.

People are not starving because there's no food. They are starving because food is kept from them. Just take a look at some parts of Africa where the government uses starvation and famine to flex their muscles over the people.

People are also not running out of places to live in. Take a look at the U.S. Over 19 million houses are empty because the bank kicked the people who couldn't pay their mortgages. So the poverty level has risen many times over because the bank is greedy. So the next time you see people on the side of the street, remember that it's not because there's no place to live, but because the banks take away the places available.

It's a rich man's game in a poor man's world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join