It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Bad Things Keep Happening to Me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Okay..am chuckling also!!
The thread is You and Infinity by Skyfloating..
Absolutely beautiful..and worthy!!

Peace..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jeep:

Do you have some anger or angst toward someone you think about often and cannot forgive?

Do you wish bad things come to that person?

If so,

What could be happening is that it is bouncing back to you.

Try to avoiding sending negative emotions to the wind, they come back to spit in your face.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
And you make a great point. I do realize the world is not fair. I've learned that a loooong time ago. One positive thing I've gained through my bad experiences is that through all the struggles it has made me more mature and wise beyond my years, as cliche as that may sound, it's true.

Yes, that does sound cliche. Very. What exactly have you learned that has made you "wise beyond [your] years"? Perhaps in answering that question .. truthfully .. you can come to understand why you have been given these experiences to deal with. That understanding is the "wisdom" that you speak of and - to be quite brutally honest - by the tone of and what you've said in your post, I do not think that you have gained that wisdom yet or your outlook would be quite different than it is.

[edit on 24/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

And you make a great point. I do realize the world is not fair. I've learned that a loooong time ago. One positive thing I've gained through my bad experiences is that through all the struggles it has made me more mature and wise beyond my years, as cliche as that may sound, it's true.

Yes, that does sound cliche. Very. What exactly have you learned that has made you "wise beyond [your] years"? Perhaps in answering that question .. truthfully .. you can come to understand why you have been given these experiences to deal with. That understanding is the "wisdom" that you speak of and - to be quite brutally honest - by the tone of and what you've said in your post, I do not think that you have gained that wisdom yet or your outlook would be quite different than it is.

[edit on 24/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

I'll start by answering this question first. You've all had very good replies.
Through my struggles it has brought me to a level of feeling that petty things that other people worry or talk about from day to day are so ridiculous, making me more mature and wise than the general public.
For example, I do not involve myself with petty gossip (like people chit chatting about the next celebrity , or the newest trends in fashion, or the Nadya Suleman baby thing). All that stuff is so beyond what I care about in my life because of what i have been through I can see to what is REALLY important. I also don't understand why people complain so much about everything and anything...the littlest inconvenience is the worst thing for them and people are very impatient (they get mad if a red light doesn't turn within 3 minutes). I sit back and remain calm throughout these petty happenings. It's just the big things in my life that happen that make me pause and concern myself with.
Another way in which I have matured beyond my age is that I feel like I've reached a higher sense of self...I feel I'm more evolved through my experiences than the average person. I don't know how to describe it,I just "feel" it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
Jeep:

Do you have some anger or angst toward someone you think about often and cannot forgive?

Do you wish bad things come to that person?

If so,

What could be happening is that it is bouncing back to you.

Try to avoiding sending negative emotions to the wind, they come back to spit in your face.

I've posted this on page one,but I will say it again. I have a heart of pure solid gold. I never even talk or mutter bad words behind a person's back, I hate when people do that, I think it's ridiculous when people gossip or do bad things to others because they have nothing better to do or it makes them happy to do so. I can say that honestly with a clear conscience. If anything, I have TOO good of a heart towards people that I tend to get walked all over...which is another reason why I wonder all these bad occurrences are happening to me. I'm the nicest, sweetest, most compassionate and caring person you would ever know.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You know what, this makes A LOT of sense. I was thinking along the same lines myself. Oh well. I'm ready for whatever else may come my way, I'm hoping it'll end soon. (my bad luck).

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A wise man once said,
"the swift do not have the race,nor the mighty ones the battle,nor do the wise have the food,nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurence befall all of them."

We all fall into this. Time and unforeseen occurence. There's no escape and no reason. Good/bad luck has no power. No-one is to blame. (no human, that is)
Life in this system of things will not be fair. (The new system will be.)
I guess I'm tying to say "don't blame yourself". which you are obviously doing. Sh*t happens. is the bottom line. You want someone to tell you you're being punished? Thats just not true. While you reap what you sow is true Karma is not. You did nothing to "deserve" your string of unfortunate events. accept life for what it has to offer you. focus on the future, don't dwell on the past.
sorry i'm starting to ramble.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
jeep:

Ah that explains it then. Is it possible someone is envious of you? Some people with evil intent dislike the 'do-gooders'. Is someone sending you curses?

Their karma will eventually bounce back at them then.

You are due for some good luck soon geez...I recently had fairly good luck come my way as I posted here the other day... www.abovetopsecret.com...

If not for that, I may have considered living in a bubble lol because I had been having horrid luck and bad things happen to me also.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
It is not a curse. Sometimes it feels that way.

I have very bad health and a few rare conditions, that mixed together can make life hell.

My family thinks I have a curse. Here is where perspective comes into play.

How do you interprit this things? You had gallbladder stones, but at least your gallbladder did not rupture. That happened to my father.

A little history on me, I have been paralized from a flu shot then got the chronic form of this so it always relapses. I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome, Sjorgrens syndrome, chronic uric acid kidney stones, Atrial septal defect, heart arrythmia, pulmomary hypertension, spinal stenosis, and I am allergic to all opiod pain medication and all antibiotics. I need surgery but no one will do it , risk is to high as I can not take antibiotics. I can not take anything for the pain.

There was time where I just cried out to God, WHY. WHY. WHY
This is inhumane.

When I am going thorough these hard times, I now meditate . It helps me to
escape myself, and realize myself as part of the bigger picture. The trials I have gone through in life, help me empathize with other people.

Instead of asking why, I now Thank god that I have another day to spend with those I love. When my Majestic died 4 days after moving into my new house, he was 12 it broke me heart, but i ended up rescuing a shelter dog that was due to be put to sleep that day. I miss him terrible, but I saved another live.

Start looking for positive things and as hard as that is some times, believe me I know, if you do this on a regular basis you are going to attract positive things in your life. That is the best advice that I can give. What you think and project, that is what you are going to attract.

There is no ryhme or reason sometimes, but I know it will all be revealed some day. Just do what you can to bring something positive from each situation. search your soul and ask yourself, what can I learn from this?

This has got to be the best reply yet. How brave of you to live through such pain and suffering and still have the will to struggle along, that really is something to behold. I've also found myself questioning "God" , "why?" or "where are you when I need you the most?". He never answers. I don't think he's even there.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Your situations are very unfortunate. Fortunately though, it is not permanent!

If you are seeking help with your problems, I would highly suggest reading 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne. This book has helped me in my everyday life, and sub consciously I have been using this method since I was a child, and only consciously recognized it after reading this book.

In all honesty, even if you do not believe in such things, it couldn't hurt trying. At the very least, you will learn something new and learning is always a good thing.

Best wishes to you in your journey through life.

Namaste

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
Your situations are very unfortunate. Fortunately though, it is not permanent!

If you are seeking help with your problems, I would highly suggest reading 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne. This book has helped me in my everyday life, and sub consciously I have been using this method since I was a child, and only consciously recognized it after reading this book.

In all honesty, even if you do not believe in such things, it couldn't hurt trying. At the very least, you will learn something new and learning is always a good thing.

Best wishes to you in your journey through life.

Namaste

Hey Kevin, sorry to knock your suggestion down. While I did read The Secret and practically keep it with me at all times in my purse and studied it like it was the last book on earth, it brought me little success.

I've tried the positive attitude route (rules of attraction). Studied it in detail, practiced it to a T, had a few good luck occurrences, then everything just seemed to go downhill no matter how hard I tried to remain positive and ask the universe for better things, and asking in the right way without any negative vibes.

I think I'll just go ahead and answer my own question. I'm fated to have bad luck. I know you're going to say that by me thinking that it's not going to get any better, but I need to accept the reality that this is in fact true.

EDIT : Spelled "accept" as "except"

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree, the Secret is not something to mess with.

As a Christian, I do not believe in asking the unknown universe around me for life-changing things.

Besides, that book (and the entire ideal) emphasizes how to get 'STUFF', I don't want or need any more stuff. I can live without the universe giving me a boat or a new car. Survival and happiness is my only aim in my lifetime.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hmmm....

I'm unsure if you would believe such a thing, but I would believe that perhaps you are here to live out the negative karma generated by your parents and / or their parents, so on and so forth...

This may very well not be the case, however, no matter the cause of the circumstances, you should continue to do your very best in remaining positive, and believe you are receiving the things you ask for without a doubt, and be thankful that you are alive with the intent to do good and receive good things.

Even if this does not work, you should know that bad things do happen to good people. Such is life, and although I am sure you do not need a lecture about how life goes... it is the experiences we live through that help make us who we are. You seem to be a very strong and capable person, and your history shows this as you are still here among us, alive and kicking!

There are two sides to everything. It all depends on what side you want to focus on the most. Once again, try to stay positive and focus on all of the good things you have now.

You can do anything you set your mind to.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
I agree, the Secret is not something to mess with.

As a Christian, I do not believe in asking the unknown universe around me for life-changing things.

Besides, that book (and the entire ideal) emphasizes how to get 'STUFF', I don't want or need any more stuff. I can live without the universe giving me a boat or a new car. Survival and happiness is my only aim in my lifetime.

The secret is not just about receiving material objects. It is about promoting the good natured human being that is innately you, and spread this among others. Through love and positive thinking, you are able to change circumstances that would otherwise do harm to you, your loved ones, or a complete stranger.

I commend you for what you focus on in your life, and I believe those are very good things to have. Theoretically, with the secret, those things are also able to be obtained. However, this is not the only medium for which one could use to achieve the desired results. That is the beauty of free will.

Bottom line. Do what works for you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've read through the two pages of this post, and I am surprised only one person touched upon this subject.

1) You are experiencing physical ailments.
2) Cat has tumorous growths.
3) Cat gets poisoned.

This is screaming environmental issues. It could be water, soil, something used inside your home, but it sounds like to me that something is causing some very serious problems in your environment. You may want to get it checked out for mold, asbestos, etc. Something is going on.

Now, with regards to your attitude... I am not sure what to say. You are expressing some contradictions that jump out at me. Part of your posts are the "woah is me". The others are the "look how humble I am" type post - false pride. You even mentioned your positive attitude, and how that failed, so it slid downhill. That isn't a positive attitude. That is faking a positive attitude. You appear to be suffering from a form of depression. I am not saying it is unjustified, but it appears you are trying to hide that from yourself.

Now, back to my original reason for posting. Get your home checked out. Something is not sounding right.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I agree ,

I'm the nicest, sweetest, most compassionate and caring person you would ever know.

people usually say that with the premise that 'people I know ....think I'm the nicest, sweetest bla bla'

perhaps the lack of humility has something to do with it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeepin4x4girl

This might have been posted but, and this is just my opinion based on my life experiences and also the vast ammount of reading that I do.

Bad things happen to good people all the time, there's no denying that. And some of these people are the most positive people on earth and there are exceptions of course, to every rule but....

Negativity breeds negativity, and we attract into our life what we focus on to a great extent. Positive, grateful people are generally more succesful and happy in life. This is the first place to start. Wake up every morning and list 10 things to be grateful for and then start focusing on the postive things and steps that you can take. It's also true that we create our own luck and usually that starts with hard work. If you study lucky people or people with the most luck, you'll of course find some freaks that just win for seemingly no reason but.. over all lucky people make their own luck with hard work and preperation.

Just two thoughts for you. Health I find from experience comes with working out and eating healthy and drinking enough water. I was just reading some medical histories for elderly people. The extreme cases I was reading were partially cured and completely cured of some of their ailments by simply drinking enough water.

edited to add that these are very simple steps and generalistic and simplistic. Without knowing exact circumstances thats the best that we can do for you here.

cheers!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by amazing]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree amazing.

and not meaning to bump my thread AGAIN, but as I said here when I had a good week last week when my luck had changed and I actually WON some money I desperately needed :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Very recently, I think a lot. I live like a Christian, am good to people etc (I hope) but had no requests to God/Jesus, I never 'ask' persay for anything. I have my son, a roof, food. I thank God and Jesus for these 3 things every night. Other stuff does not mean much to me. I am glad when he comes home from school and is safe under this roof again. For a teen, he is a good (very good), smart boy.

The other night, again, I did not ask for something but I asked what I could do for God/Jesus.

I believe this act (I say humbly lol) made all the difference in the world!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If you keep thinking that you're unlucky, you'll have even more bad luck coming you way. Trust me I know. That state of mind will continue to attract more negative energy. Change how you think. Force yourself to be happy. When bad things happen, it's okay to be angry. BAng the door. Kick a tire. Scream...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I would move if I were you. With all the sickness and death of pets you may be living on some government testing grounds. You maybe be living near some natural radiation or perhaps aliens are performing tests on you and your pets.

I would just pack up find a new job, maybe Florida.

Change your life it might change your luck too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join