It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Bad Things Keep Happening to Me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I need some help...well, more along the lines of some sort of explanations as to WHY I've been having such bad luck/incidents happening to me. These aren't just petty little things, they're very serious incidents of bad luck. I will describe in more detail now.

My bad luck started off approximately 2 years ago. At my young age my health was crumbling and I was taking at least 12 or more prescription drugs daily for various illnesses (Polycystic ovarian syndrome, high cholesterol, migraines, diabetes, you name it). Anyways, I went in for major surgery April of last year. The day after I was out of the hospital I heard bad news about my cat - the vet found multiple tumors in her intestinal track and had to be put down. So not even a day out of the hospital from surgery I had to see my baby of 14 years that grew up with me throughout most of my life be put to sleep.

Fast forward to a couple months later. I was working in the yard and dug up a yellow jacket's nest in the ground. I managed to run fast away from the swarm but one stray bee happened to catch up with me and stung me right between the eyes. I started to swell up so badly that I couldn't see, both my eyes were swollen shut. In less than 5 minutes I felt my throat tightening up, I was going into anaphalctic (sp?) shock, turns out I'm allergic to just yellow jackets species, and had no idea because I've been stung before, just not by a yellow jacket. So, back to the hospital again.

Now it's November. Me and my father were driving down the highway and we got rear ended by a tractor trailer. Me and my father now suffer from serious permanent back injuries and neck pain. Also, not even a day after the accident, I have to bring my other cat to the vet because she was acting strange. Turns out my cat died from poisoning of some sort (we have no idea where or how...because she's strictly indoors). Again, after this tragic accident, I have to put yet ANOTHER one of my cats to sleep.

Now this recent incident happened just these past few weeks/months. I started getting severe pains in my chest - so painful that I was on the ground screaming in agony. Okay so it turns out it's gallstones. Great, so I go in for surgery to get my gallbladder out (I had THOUSANDS of gallstones, very rare, usually people only have a few or like 100 at the most). After my surgery I was in more pain than before I even had my gallbladder. Turns out my surgeon cut into my liver while extracting the gallbladder which caused severe complications. I also came down with pancreatitis and was in the hospital for another 2 weeks hooked up to antibiotics and a morphine drip for the pain.

There's a myriad of other little bad luck incidents that I'd rather not share because they are rather personal, but these are the most significant ones I would like to share on the forum. These all can't possibly be "just coincidences" I seriously feel as though somebody either has put a bad curse on me or I'm just "fated" to have bad luck. If anybody has any answers for me as to WHY all these bad things keep happening to me month after month I would greatly appreciate it. Even more so if somebody can help me to try and change my luck around.
I'm at a loss for any explanations right now. This is unbelievable.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jeepin4x4girl

You know what, I was going to start a thread about me and my luck, but after reading your I feel a bit more possitive!

I don't know why some people seem to have bad luck, but I do believe that there are those who do get much more than their fair share. I have friends that have been sick their whole life, usually with unrelated conditions. It really doesn't seem fair.

I count myself as a Christian, but sometimes I feel that a good answer to this would be that reincarnation is real, and we are sent to earth to learn and to gain wisdom and enlightenment, (this is my own theory so don't everybody jump all over me if it's not what reincarnation is all about!) , this maybe just your incarnation of sickness and lesson learning, in other lives you may have been rich, or learned. This life you ( AND I) are just here to learn patience and thankfulness for what is good.

Just my thoughts, sorry if it doesn't help!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sounds like you are having bad luck. Losing companion animals is very hard, but typically if they are older it isn't bad luck, it is the price you pay for the companionship of beings that do not live as long.

Sounds like you are sort of falling apart physically. Not to be rude..but diabetes, gallstones, pancreaitis? Weight related? Plus if your back is messed up and you have weight issues that is only going to make it MUCH worse.

Some things are fate (yellow jackets, car accidents) but if you are physically falling apart and much of it is weight related you may want to address that issue first and foremost. You can't control everything but you can influence that.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Sounds like you are having bad luck. Losing companion animals is very hard, but typically if they are older it isn't bad luck, it is the price you pay for the companionship of beings that do not live as long.

Sounds like you are sort of falling apart physically. Not to be rude..but diabetes, gallstones, pancreaitis? Weight related? Plus if your back is messed up and you have weight issues that is only going to make it MUCH worse.

Some things are fate (yellow jackets, car accidents) but if you are physically falling apart and much of it is weight related you may want to address that issue first and foremost. You can't control everything but you can influence that.

My health conditions are not weight related at all. I've been, and always have been a healthy weight. My health conditions are due to heredity (which I cannot change), although nobody I know in my family has PCOS.

Going back to losing a companion animal, yes the first cat I had to put down was old...but how come the day after I got out of the hospital she all of a sudden became ill? She was very special to me, I got her shortly after my grandfather passed away in 1994.

What explains me having to put down my other cat a day after I go into a serious car accident? She was young, only 4 years of age and perfectly healthy.

What in the H is going on here?

I'm a wonderful person with a heart of pure gold. I never talk behind people's backs and involve myself with petty gossip. I've never done anybody wrong , I can say that with a clear conscience. So why all the bad luck?

[EDIT] Forgot to put in quote from previous poster.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Your time spent on detail and then the retelling of this is perhaps contributing to your series of ill fates.
Perhaps a new focus is needed in your life..one not based on what has already passed, rather, gathering strength to face your future in a more positive vein.
Acceptance of what has already occurred is the first step.
Move forward with the attitude of diminishing these instances of "bad luck'.
You do have the power to make your life better.

Peace

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've tried the positive attitude route (rules of attraction). Studied it in detail, practiced it to a T, had a few good luck occurrences, then everything just seemed to go downhill no matter how hard I tried to remain positive and ask the universe for better things, and asking in the right way without any negative vibes.

I think I'll just go ahead and answer my own question. I'm fated to have bad luck. I know you're going to say that by me thinking that it's not going to get any better, but I need to accept the reality that this is in fact true.

EDIT : Spelled "accept" as "except"

[edit on 5/24/2009 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
What explains me having to put down my other cat a day after I go into a serious car accident? She was young, only 4 years of age and perfectly healthy.

I don't know, but if a 4 year old indoor cat died of unknown POISONING that is worrisome. Especially if you get another cat. The vet should have been a bit more specific. I assume it wasn't sudden kidney failure brought on by possible antifreeze/toilet cleaner poisoning?

I'm a wonderful person with a heart of pure gold. I never talk behind people's backs and involve myself with petty gossip. I've never done anybody wrong , I can say that with a clear conscience. So why all the bad luck?

Well, I hate to sound jaded but as we get older we realize "life is not fair". There are some pretty darn corrupt and evil people that will live charmed lives. There are good people that will suffer greatly through no fault of their own. Sounds like you are learning this at a younger age than most.

I think I'll just go ahead and answer my own question. I'm fated to have bad luck. I know you're going to say that by me thinking that it's not going to get any better, but I need to except the reality that this is in fact true.

Yeah well realize that perhaps we DO live at the whim of a fickle universe. But just as bad things can happen for no apparent reason, things can change and GOOD things can happen the same way. Like the Buddhists say, it comes down to acceptance. The more we can accept things the less pain we have to deal with.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well..that's a cop-out.
Why not continue the learning process??
You have started this thread in the hopes of gaining some insight.
Carry on with this then.
Try not to be so negative..which is how I am perceiving you.
Don't just shrug this off because you are not getting empathetic and comparative responses.
Put one foot in front of the other and go for it!!!

Peace...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I know what it like. Just be thankful if you have your own mind in this world. I have been monitored non stop for 17 years by the government without ever doing anything, and t will probably never stop. They seem absolutely desperate to destroy my life.

When i hear stories like yours, and mine, i just do not know really what advice to give, but alot of us on this planet have to go through hell.

All my life is like pissing into the wind, for no reason. Sounds like the op has that too.

What can one say.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There is a thread that demonstrates an awesome insight into what is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read this everyone!!!

Peace...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

The link is bad (but the 404 Error page is pretty amusing).

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I don't know, but if a 4 year old indoor cat died of unknown POISONING that is worrisome. Especially if you get another cat. The vet should have been a bit more specific. I assume it wasn't sudden kidney failure brought on by possible antifreeze/toilet cleaner poisoning?

Well the vet thinks that the cat could have possibly ingested a pill somebody dropped on the floor. I know it wasn't me because I always am careful with my prescriptions. Had to be another member of the family. Mistakes do happen, but it seemed all too much of a coincidence that my cat came down with poisoning symptoms right after my car accident, and that my other cat had to be put to sleep right after I got out of the hospital. Anyways, that issue has been beaten a la dead horse.

And you make a great point. I do realize the world is not fair. I've learned that a loooong time ago. One positive thing I've gained through my bad experiences is that through all the struggles it has made me more mature and wise beyond my years, as cliche as that may sound, it's true.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe something here will help

How to change your luck

Jamacian lore has it that a swin in the ocean will do wonders to change your luck. Perhaps a trip to the beach is in order.

I am going for a swim this weekend.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You should def. get into contact with wylekat

Why do I get slapped down short of any success?

He seems to be having the same problems and there is a lot of good replies in it. (ignore mine 'cause they will not make you feel any better)..

Good luck!!

Peace

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

These issues obviously aren't health related. There is something else at work here.

It appears that the real problems don't start (surgeries and mistakes and stuff) until you go to the doctor and he makes a diagnosis. When it's not a health related issue, the last thing you do is go to the doctor! Personally, I've got the worst headache man has ever experienced, my stomach growls constantly, there's a fart sound that comes out of a random body part every two seconds, I can't sleep without a certain amount of liquor at night -- basically everything is messed up. If I went to the doctor right now, he'd tell me that I had 6 months to live, and then I'd be dead in a week.

You see?? The trick is not to go to the doctor. The doctor is what kills you when it's "something else" that is causing the problems.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gyrochiral
There is a thread that demonstrates an awesome insight into what is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read this everyone!!!

Peace...

I would really like to read this.

Could you please fix the link as I don't even know the title of the thread that you are trying to show?

Thanks so much

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just about everyone goes through a rough patch or two in their lifetime. Sometimes it sprinkles and other times it pours. That's just the way things go.

I recall that 1990 was a particularly bad year. Throughout the course of this year I lost a job, a highly regarded internship was withdrawn, I received more tickets for moving violations then I care to admit, and my boyfriend at the time passed away. I feel into a depression and turned to alcohol for comfort. In short, that year stunk.

After a few months, I came out of my shell, got back on my feet and started living again. It took a frank assessment of my situation, attitude and outlook on life for me to make an effective change.

Any change you wish to implement in your life has to start with you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It is not a curse. Sometimes it feels that way.

I have very bad health and a few rare conditions, that mixed together can make life hell.

My family thinks I have a curse. Here is where perspective comes into play.

How do you interprit this things? You had gallbladder stones, but at least your gallbladder did not rupture. That happened to my father.

Our pets die. It is VERY hard no matter what time it happens, but when we take on these pets, we know this will happen some day, but I choose to look at all the years of love my pet has given me. I mourn as well, but would choose to go through it again for the years of companion ship.

A little history on me, I have been paralized from a flu shot then got the chronic form of this so it always relapses. I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome, Sjorgrens syndrome, chronic uric acid kidney stones, Atrial septal defect, heart arrythmia, pulmomary hypertension, spinal stenosis, and I am allergic to all opiod pain medication and all antibiotics. I need surgery but no one will do it , risk is to high as I can not take antibiotics. I can not take anything for the pain.

There was time where I just cried out to God, WHY. WHY. WHY
This is inhumane.

When I am going thorough these hard times, I now meditate . It helps me to
escape myself, and realize myself as part of the bigger picture. The trials I have gone through in life, help me empathize with other people.

Instead of asking why, I now Thank god that I have another day to spend with those I love. When my Majestic died 4 days after moving into my new house, he was 12 it broke me heart, but i ended up rescuing a shelter dog that was due to be put to sleep that day. I miss him terrible, but I saved another live.

Start looking for positive things and as hard as that is some times, believe me I know, if you do this on a regular basis you are going to attract positive things in your life. That is the best advice that I can give. What you think and project, that is what you are going to attract.

There is no ryhme or reason sometimes, but I know it will all be revealed some day. Just do what you can to bring something positive from each situation. search your soul and ask yourself, what can I learn from this?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Any change you wish to implement in your life has to start with you.

This is so true.

It's also called the first step.

It's also the one that is the hardest.
(facing yourself and realizing change is necessary)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There's a myriad of other little bad luck incidents that I'd rather not share because they are rather personal, but these are the most significant ones I would like to share on the forum. These all can't possibly be "just coincidences" I seriously feel as though somebody either has put a bad curse on me or I'm just "fated" to have bad luck. If anybody has any answers for me as to WHY all these bad things keep happening to me month after month I would greatly appreciate it. Even more so if somebody can help me to try and change my luck around.
I'm at a loss for any explanations right now. This is unbelievable.

My heart goes out to you. My first thought was this; I don't know if you believe in the Law of Karma, but it does exist. I think you are serving off Karma in preparation of the end of time as we know it. I don't think it is YOUR Karma, but probably a family karma thing. I too have had a lot of injuries and medical problems, have lost everything I owned three times, had a crushed chest, broken neck and spine, had a heart attack, seizures, and polyps, stomach trouble and sleepless nights. I think it's family karma myself, and don't mind serving it for my loved ones. Oh, I have some to serve for myself too, but think I'm about even here on my own Karma. Take strength in that you are a survivor, jeepin4x4girl, and know that soon you will have a new, healthy body.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join