It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hallucinating using the sun aka purkinje lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hi everyone well i stumbled across this and i tried it yesterday and lets say it was quite a crazy image in my eyes when i did this.

heres what you gotta do. go to purkinje lights and it will tell you what to do when you move your hands make sure its quick not slow haha.

when i did it around 15-20 secs after i started it slowly while my eyes were closed i saw a temple like structure but going deep down and getting smaller and smaller in a pattern it was amazing to look at.

tell me what you saw or if it didnt work for you,thanks

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
yeah that made a lot of sense. urm how about you read what you typed and explain a bit more.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Um I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you re-explain it in better terms??

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

“I stand in the bright sunlight with closed eyes and face the sun. Then I move my outstretched, somewhat separated, fingers up and down in front of the eyes, so that they are alternately illuminated and shaded. In addition to the uniform yellow-red that one expects with closed eyes, there appear beautiful regular figures that are initially difficult to define but slowly become clearer. When we continue to move the fingers, the figure becomes more complex and fills the whole visual field. (Purkinje, 1819)
Dreamachines, Hallucinations, Charles Bonnet Syndrome & The 50 Year Old Question Hodological Science Answered

How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Double post. Apologies...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So it's a strobe like effect right?
I highly suggest you get a good strobe light with a speed control. CLOSE your eyes and place the strobe light in front of your (closed!) eyelids and change the speed to change the way the visuals look.
You will be very suprized just how psychedelic the visuals will get. Everything from fractals to geometric patterns and much more and no drugs are needed.
I have had people I know try this and it always blows their mind how a silly bright flashing light can cause them to see such far out visuals.
I think it has something to do with the brains built in timing in the visual center and the flashing light causing some kind of out of synch effect, or maybe something to do with visual harmonics. Bleh I dunno, but it sure is fun!

[edit on 5/24/2009 by darklife]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is one of the tricks of how lightfall and moving objects can influence the observation IN the brain

Ever tried this in a normal dark room at night? For instance your bedroom? there will always fall some light through the windows and curtains.

Press both hands against eachother, like how f.e. Hindi people pray. Make sure the fingertips are pressed on eachother. Then slightly 'rub' the hands for about 10 secs minimum.
Hold the hands in front of your face, in such an angle that some 'light' is catching the glow of the hands, then slowly let the hands come off of eachother. Look at the fingertips and the energy between them! Even when you move the fingers slighty cris-cross, it will show that there are still some energy lines between them! As if they are attached to oneanother.
It's looks kinda like Kirlian photography but not so strong / expressive visible.

When I meditate before doing that, it seems I can catch/see the 'glow' better.

Dont have a clue if it's a trick of the eye or the brain.

new topics

top topics

join