It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being gifted selective?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is concerning people who are dealing with paranormal activity,also people who have certain gifts like premonitions and such.Does a person have to be open,receptive,or whatever,to be able to experience this. Why does a person have the gift,does it run in the family,something your born with, or just coincedence?Take for instance the psychics who are able to see things,where is that info coming from,and why are "they" receiving it?Sorry for all the questions but I have had a few things happen that I question and would like to know from others where this stuff comes from,and does it happen,did it happen, or will it happen?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It justs happens and unless you can prove your gift to others you are looked at as insane or an idiot.

A lot of premontions is just practical thinking, putting pieces of info together like a puzzle and making a reasonalble assumption of what is likely to happen.

Other stuff like reading minds and seeing the futue is a true gift and difficult to prove and often written off as nothing because of all the phoney psychics.

I believe it is something born with though it seems possible that anyone with the right frame of mind could potentially have a gift.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i believe that everyone has the ablity to open their mind, its all a matter of Awareness, preception, an understanding most of all a truely open mind (someone who wont shun something away just becuz they have no physical proof)(yes there are other names too but i wont go there)
i agree with alot of it having to do with probability an putting the pieces of facts together to form a conclusion. but in a way isnt that what would be a small begining form of learning how to see an predict things?

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Trance]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Are meteorologists(weather wo/men) psychics? I mean the government pays them to predict the future's weather.

Can psychics predict the weather?

Its all how you look at it.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think everyone is born with some psychic ability. Some people are taught to ignore it from early on, while others perhaps have their receptors opened up more by accident due to early traumas or something else.
It really is hard to say but I think the potential is there in everyone it is just stronger in some more so than others.. the reason for that is unknown at this time, but of course we can still theorize.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I guess people who have special abilities are more tuned into natural abilities than ordinary people who proboly wouldnt undersand. These powers I believe have somewhat to do with how a person controls there minds. They have ultimate control over it, as well they understand it. Does this make sense? oh well.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't think you have the option of practical thinking when you are dreaming,which is where most of my questionable insights happen.I had one dream that really happened,may have been happening as I was dreaming it ,close enough anyway.I dreamt it and told my mother the next day because it disturbed me and she told me that she was talking to my brother earlier and he had told her of something my lil nephew did(climbed/fell in the bathtub and could have drowned)and I had not known about it,AT ALL! How can the mind connect to something like that if there are not any memories or instances of knowing about it?I have had 2 more dreams that stand out,very realistic dreams,both concerning death,one of a family member and one of someone I do not know because in the dream it never showed the face.The one of my family member has not come to pass but in my dream I was at their funeral and it was very troubling to me upon awakening.They are played out like in real life. It just freaks me out,wondering if it could be a futuristic dream or am I just one of those folks that have strange dreams,how can one be sure?

join