It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

sorry but correct me if im wrong, you stated that you will prove that all religions are false but you only wrote about Christianity and never mentioned any other religion as if Christianity is the only religion on earth.

so please tell me about other religions and prove them all wrong or change the topic to proving that Christianity is wrong.

peace

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

The fact that people still believe in the inherent relation between religion and moral/ethics is what's creating a loop in our intellectual evolution as a race.

That's a stupid statement, and it clearly puts us in the same position of an animal who needs to feel threatened by something or "someone" to do anything.

That's one of the main reasons I don't like religions at all. They absolutely dwarf humans and make them look like incompetent animals who are not able to think and act by themselves.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Your assumption is as follows "since we removed god from state the country has been in a downward spiral", thus that validates the need for God (Christianity) in our society.

The only problem is that, that has nothing to do with what has become of our country. The information and facts are out there for those who look, and that information shows that the society we are a part of has been in the making by a select few for hundreds of years. The same families that have crafted our public policies and run us continually into boom and bust are still in power, thus to deduce that the separation of church and state is the cause of our issues is a flawed theory at very best.

Can we prove that one stole the story from another? Or, is there a basic truth in them all?

Though a timeline might suggest the story was stolen/borrowed, might the original version (probably untraceable), be absolutely accurate? If so, it may have only been perverted beyond recognition.

Let me answer for you, since Karl is probably tired of repeating himself.

If I come up with a story today, and tomorrow you come up with the same story, is that not proof that you stole my story, and thus AT BEST, your story is simply a copy of mine, regardless of whether mine is true or not?

I don't need someone to come up and tell me "I was with WTFover when he copied your story" to prove that, that is what you have done. I can simply read your story and see it as a replica of my own, and thus you are a fraud.

Why can this same logic not be applied to religion? We have a group of people with a story, and then Christianity steals the story and changes 5% of it, you only need as many brain cells as appendages to understand that it has been replicated. That is if your judgment hasn't been clouded by a lifetime of brainwashing.

You made a few mistakes in your thinking though.

1. You assume there are other intelligent life in your argument. (Bear in mind I'm not saying there isn't)

2. You assume "insert your favourite God figure here" has not appeared to these aliens.

3. You assume these aliens are not followers of "insert your favourite God figure here"

Ok, well your right, we don't know that. But, lets look for a minute at what we do know.

THE BIBLE MAKES NO MENTION OF ALIENS, Don't you think, that would be a seriously note worthy mention?? If aliens exist and there is possibly hundreds of other humanoid species, and god did infact create them all, don't you think it would have been nice of him to mention it?

Instead, he doesn't bother mentioning it, and when aliens are officially discovered you will have idiots running around suddenly changing their interpretation of the bible so that it neatly fits with the current scientific knowledge of the existence of life. Don't you feel that's a bit too convenient, just change things as you go to suit your agenda?

Also there are some things which you state as fact that I've never read about or heard of before.

For example, I've never heard of Buddha being crucified, dying & resurrecting. He supposedly died from old age or food poisoning (pork or mushrooms depending on who's telling).

Your ignorance doesn't change facts. Regardless of what happened to buddha, he is only one of MANY pre-christian saviors that follows the same 'life-line'.

Lasheic
Propaganda
propaganda
propaganda...

You realize that when bringing so called 'knowledge' from a fictional book to a scientific based thread is both pointless and irrelevant right?

Personally the greatest irony of religion is it's claim of giving people power, when in reality it does the exact opposite.

People begin to "need" god in their life to accomplish anything, even though the power has been and always will be inside of them from the start. All short comings can be blamed on "the devil", oh the "devil" made me do it, I was weak "god" please save me, "wash away my sins im a useless twat".

Additionally, the brainwashing of religion forces people into faith based thinking rather than logical, fact based assumptions. People take the word of those they trust in faith, rather than looking at the situation, asking original questions and arriving at original answers. How many cult suicides have been a product of this thinking?

The one fact that the follower of any religion must admit, especially Christians is the fact that:

Religion has been the cause of death for more people on earth than ANY other cause PERIOD.

By looking at history it's plain to see that, if from the dawn of man there was never such an atrocious thing such as Religion there would have been a lot less massacres, 'crusades', etc, and thus a lot less hardship and suffering across ages.

Furthermore:

The Vatican, home of Christianity, is the wealthiest entity on planet earth, far surpassing states and corporations

Shouldn't the home of christianity being practicing what it preaches? Why is the Vatican not the poorest entity, after using it's wealth to end starvation, and suffering world wide?

Why do we always hear about priests and others of even higher 'godlike' authority, molesting little kids and practicing homosexual practices?

And we only hear about a SMALL percentage of actual cases, even the ones that see the light of day are quickly shoved under the rug. These are the people you guys look upto? Molesters and pedophiles?

Enjoy your ignorance, and at the end of your life, when you realize you have spent it in a sheltered, ignorant fashion I hope you hold no regrets.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What would you say to someone who had been meditating and praying in a chapel before the exposed Blessed Sacrament (Jesus truly present in the Host) and in the midst of prayer Jesus spoke to the person and the statue of Jesus on the crucifix actually moved as if it came to life when this happened? Then the prayer that had been offered was answered miraculously...a spontaneous healing of 7 life threatening maladies at once.

This happened to me, so I believe, but I believed before I saw. I trust in Jesus.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I came to this thread looking for proof and this is what I get. It's basically a few parts of the zeitgeist movie typed up and some statistics that don't really mean much of anything. I will agree that anyone who thinks that their religion is the only way to salvation is more than likely mistaken. However you didn't actually prove anything at all. Just like the threads that claim to prove God's existence never seem to follow through, neither does this one.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
People get a grip - his research isn't *brilliant* - It's *cut-paste*! A chimp can cut-paste - that doesn't mean it’s *brilliant*!

Why was it important enough to you to go to all this word to try and discredit - and/or *prove* - Jesus does not exist?

You’re doing nothing but shining a light on the other side of the same coin from the Christians trying to prove He did?

Now, the Christians have a reason for *spreading the word*.
Obedience to God, Love of mankind, love of their Jesus.

What’s your reason???

EDIT: Thank you for finally giving credit where credit it due by editing your original posts to add the external source.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
What would you say to someone who had been meditating and praying in a chapel before the exposed Blessed Sacrament (Jesus truly present in the Host) and in the midst of prayer Jesus spoke to the person and the statue of Jesus on the crucifix actually moved as if it came to life when this happened? Then the prayer that had been offered was answered miraculously...a spontaneous healing of 7 life threatening maladies at once.

This happened to me, so I believe, but I believed before I saw. I trust in Jesus.

Awe that was so nice of him to show up for you, did you make sure you gave some money to the wonderful church you attended?

Where was he as millions died in the holocaust?

Where was he when millions died in the killing fields of cambodia?

Where was he on 911, when 3000 people were systematically extinguished from planet earth by their own government?

Where was he after 911 while millions died in two illegal wars?

Where was he when millions died in world war I and II?

Where was he during Vietnam while millions died?

Where was he in 1937 for the nanking massacre while hundreds of thousands faced excruciating death?

WHERE THE HELL WAS HE? Where was he when Hurricane Katrina hit? HUH? Where was god then? On a god damn lunch break?

Or was he just busy performing a miracle on one person, such as yourself in a small church in timbucktoo?

How big-headed does one need to be, that they believe some all powerful entity is there healing them, while at the exact same moment thousands are dying world wide in a wide variety of sickening ways?

WHERE WAS GOD?

Why was it important enough to you to go to all this word to try and discredit - or rather - *prove* Jesus does not exist?

Isn’t that just the other side of the coin from the Christians trying to prove He did?

Now, the Christians have a reason for *spreading the word*.
Obedience to God, Love of mankind, love of their Jesus.

What’s your reason?

PS - Also, unless you wrote all the material in the post - would you be so kind as to put some links in to where you got the information?

No insult intended but - some people call your post(s) *brilliant* - I call them *cut paste* and it’s only right you give credit where it’s due.

Thanks

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO NOTE THE MOTO OF THE SITE AND FORUM YOU ARE POSTING ON, ILL HELP YOU IT IS:

DENY IGNORANCE

More people have died in the name of a religion than any other cause.

More people are brainwashed by religion, than any other cause.

More people are blissfully ignorant thanks to religion (any of them) than any other cause.

Don't you then find it proper that we do our best to dispel ignorance if we wish to gain any ground on retaking our country and improving the future for all of us?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I agree, this is yet another bash Christianity thread. Because Christian nations are the most powerful on earth people like to TRY to bring them down with their whacky theory's.

If these threads were really about religion they would go after the most popular and that is the Muslim religion. They don't want to do that because if they are caught it is off with their heads...

The OP is nothing more than one of the many trolls that hang out here and try to incite people. The transparency of this thread is laughable..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
reply to post by Dr UAE

I agree, this is yet another bash Christianity thread. Because Christian nations are the most powerful on earth people like to TRY to bring them down with their whacky theory's.

If these threads were really about religion they would go after the most popular and that is the Muslim religion. They don't want to do that because if they are caught it is off with their heads...

The OP is nothing more than one of the many trolls that hang out here and try to incite people. The transparency of this thread is laughable..

How are christian states the most powerful on earth?

OH YAH CAUSE THEY MASSACRED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE! Riiight, ok good, now I remember. Thank the merciful lord.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

The Drake Equation estimates 10,000 communicative civilizations in the Milky Way…

Now, you speak of arrogance in your first posts conclusion, however if you look at the title of your thread and then decide to bring in a mathematical equation based on conjecture to create "proof" is incorrect and could be a tad hypocritical

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer81

Originally posted by Neon Haze

The Drake Equation estimates 10,000 communicative civilizations in the Milky Way…

Now, you speak of arrogance in your first posts conclusion, however if you look at the title of your thread and then decide to bring in a mathematical equation based on conjecture to create "proof" is incorrect and could be a tad hypocritical

It's better than bringing a fictional book filled with fictional characters as proof to any argument, as you fools normally do.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The OP is correct in his findings, I should know, years ago I was a die hart Baptist bible thumper myself. One day I came across an article about false religions and I decided to do some research which dragged on for several of years. I was amassed at how many Christ like men was used, and all were very similar to Jesus Christ. At first I was horrified and I felt that I had been betrayed, nerveless, I am not a christen today because I know the “truth”. Had the internet not been invented I would still be a blind christen follower condemning the world, and I would still be given away my money to the churches.

Man wrote the bible, not God. In my opinion some of the men who placed all the “stories” together saw away to extort money from the people. At that, time people wanted to believe in something greater then man.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Yeah, the world sucks - thanks to MAN.

How about MAN standing up and taking responsibility for tons of the things you posted?

We live in a world where children die every second of starvation while others run around buying diamond studded collars for the dogs.
Where we spend billions developing weapons to destroy mankind and earth, and can’t figure out how to bring back the green in Africa.

How about MAN take some responsibility for Man's actions for once instead of blaming God.

Beyond that - Do you really want God to be so easy to understand you can explain Him?
Or could it possibly be He knows the *grand plan* and it's something so perfect you can't even fathom it?

Sorry, I don't put my God in a little box I can carry around and explain.
My God's LIVES outside the box.
So does my belief system.

I could tell you stories of my life that would make grown men puke.

But I've never blamed God.

That's for the weak.

Believing in Him is for the strong.

Just sayin...
peace

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by king9072

Yeah, the world sucks - thanks to MAN.

How about MAN standing up and taking responsibility for tons of the things you posted?

We live in a world where children die every second of starvation while others run around buying diamond studded collars for the dogs.
Where we spend billions developing weapons to destroy mankind and earth, and can’t figure out how to bring back the green in Africa.

How about MAN take some responsibility for Man's actions for once instead of blaming God.

Beyond that - Do you really want God to be so easy to understand you can explain Him?
Or could it possibly be He knows the *grand plan* and it's something so perfect you can't even fathom it?

Sorry, I don't put my God in a little box I can carry around and explain.
My God's LIVES outside the box.
So does my belief system.

I could tell you stories of my life that would make grown men puke.

But I've never blamed God.

That's for the weak.

Believing in Him is for the strong.

Just sayin...
peace

Don't you think the Vatican should be using it's wealth to end human suffering and starvation? Rather than funding nice statues and buildings and pedophile rings?

Don't you honestly think, that since they are the "closest" to god, they should be doing his work most diligently?

Don't you think if there were such thing as an all knowing god, that he would take a moment to strike those down who use his name to further greedy, selfish agendas, or preach one thing one second, and molest little boys the next second?

Does he have any priorities or is he always on a lunch break?

Get a grip, your religion has more holes than a strainer, and they're all plain to see for anyone who isn't hopelessly brainwashed.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'd be very interested in seeing some citations from scripter and holy books on these. I've heard the correlation to Horus which is profound to say the least!

But, after living in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition for many years I can say much of your data on Buddha seems to be a stretch or simply incorrect! Maya was not a virgin, she was married at the time to the King, Buddha's father. You refer to a few different "Buddhas" there, and never heard of him refered to as a carpenter.

As a side note you may mention that Jesus, the historical figure, was mentioned in at least three different historical references including groups who opposed him.

I think this thread is sensationalized, incorrect in a lot of ways, and pretty much worthless to any sort of "proof".... my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Of course there are going to be religious followers who post on here trying to debunk this. But they're obviously going to fail.

Why can't they just use logic as something to believe in instead of an imaginary friend?

S/F my friend. Well done.

Exactly what kind of logic are you using to prove non-existence? Logic itself tells you that if something never existed there is no evidence either in support of or in support against. So what kind of logic is this?

I could sit here all day and tell you that stories in the bible are duplicated in other prior and post event books. I can tell you that geographic alignments are perfect matches. But what does that actually prove? Nothing. I cannot prove existence in the same manner in which you cannot prove non-existence because there is no hard evidence for existence.

The people that are trying to prove existence are at least following a normal scientific principle. They are seeking supporting evidence (no matter how weak) to substantiate their belief. This is a natural progression of scientific research.

Those that are trying to prove non-existence are the ones I am concerned about because they are trying to use science to make its own rules stand against science itself. You cannot prove non-existence, there can be no tangible evidence for non-existence because of the simple fact of non-existence itself. So therefore why would one try? Could it be that deep in the recesses of their own mind they have doubt of their own belief and are not honest enough to confront it? It makes absolutely no sense to try to prove that something does not exist.

And you can use all the false logic you like to argue that but the fact remains. non-existence = no facts to verify.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

Wrong!, jesus was not born on Dec. 25th., that is a Catholic myth. He was more likely born sometime in Sept. Dec. 25th is a sun god worship date.
Satan had his counterfits to confuse the masses into not believing jesus.
Be very carefull with Satan he is the greatest deciever ever.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Of course there are going to be religious followers who post on here trying to debunk this. But they're obviously going to fail.

Why can't they just use logic as something to believe in instead of an imaginary friend?

S/F my friend. Well done.

Exactly what kind of logic are you using to prove non-existence? Logic itself tells you that if something never existed there is no evidence either in support of or in support against. So what kind of logic is this?

I could sit here all day and tell you that stories in the bible are duplicated in other prior and post event books. I can tell you that geographic alignments are perfect matches. But what does that actually prove? Nothing. I cannot prove existence in the same manner in which you cannot prove non-existence because there is no hard evidence for existence.

The people that are trying to prove existence are at least following a normal scientific principle. They are seeking supporting evidence (no matter how weak) to substantiate their belief. This is a natural progression of scientific research.

Those that are trying to prove non-existence are the ones I am concerned about because they are trying to use science to make its own rules stand against science itself. You cannot prove non-existence, there can be no tangible evidence for non-existence because of the simple fact of non-existence itself. So therefore why would one try? Could it be that deep in the recesses of their own mind they have doubt of their own belief and are not honest enough to confront it? It makes absolutely no sense to try to prove that something does not exist.

And you can use all the false logic you like to argue that but the fact remains. non-existence = no facts to verify.

Yah lets just throw anything that can be proven out the window, lets all just rely on FAITH.

Hey how did the blossam goodidiot prediction go? I had so much faith, I hope it went well.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Religion has been the cause of death for more people on earth than ANY other cause PERIOD.

end quote -

this statement is false. it is just an assumption. you probably get this from richard dawkins. dawkins is wrong too. i won't go so far as to say completely incorrect as in saying religion ISN'T a great cause of death but this statement is misleading and false.

SCIENCE is the greatest cause of manmade death. without science war would be nothing but 15 people with bows and spears standing on a hill trying not to get hurt.

science multiplies war exponentially and influences every aspect of war.

cartography, biochemistry, eductation, food production, weaponry, tailoring, landscaping, etc etc etc.

if you're going to use religion as a scape goat you might as well use the lack of immortatlity as the reason for all the deaths. you might as well blame entropy or the devil hisself.

to turn a blind eye towards science is ignorant and shows that you slop up whatever richard dawkins says with a buldge in your pants.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In my opinion Atheists usually fail horribly in their attempt at lessening the control religions hold on people by insisting that God doesn't exist.
"God doesn't exist" is as unprovable as "God does exist", and since both claims are equally wild I do not believe the burden of proof lies with one of these claims only. It's because of the cleverness of the religion's designs that people feel God all around therefore they see proof of his existence everywhere, and if bad stuff happens like the Holocaust it's because of the Devil, or it is God punishing or testing us.
No matter what happens, it can always find a place in someone's religious world view,
and the most incompatible ideas or facts are safely ignored with the excuse that it's Blasphemy or the work of the Devil to ponder such stuff.

However, I have a pretty good argument you could throw into a conversation with a staunch believer, which doesn't attack them or God, but does open the door for them to let go of some of the nastier aspects of their religion.

I usually ask them if they can muster so much faith in God to consider that 'he' NEVER wrote any books or sent anyone down to earth to the rescue. He never had to.
If they can contemplate that God's creation is SO PERFECT that we don't need an instruction manual or a Saviour, or a Great Flood for that matter.
That God made us in his image and that ALL ROADS lead back to God, so we don't have to fight over which religion is the One and Only religion.

To basically consider that God is far greater and far more perfect than the "vengefull but forgiving" "kind and angry" "perfect but limited" God described in the scriptures.

I always explain that I'm a Gnostic, and feel a great connection with God, far greater than I ever felt when I was still afraid of him by adhering to scripture.
I also add that I'm really happy to give God the truest of praise for his truly perfect creation, rather than believe he messed up here and there and sent a maintenance guy down to fix his errors.
I tell them I feel more gratefulness for God and although it seems sad that so many people only recognize and believe in 60% of God's greatness, I know God is not bothered by this, as all roads lead back to God, and any and everyone one of us will be visiting Him/Her many many times in the infinite future.

I also feel more happyness in gnowing that God's greatest gift to us is eternal infinity,
not some kind of sick test which could result in some of us in heaven missing our little brother who didn't make it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join