It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I decided to read about the proof that Jesus is false and after 15 pages of comments and mud slinging I still haven't seen the proof. Am I missing something here. I don't consider heresay from "scholars" and pagans and mathemeticians and all of the other sources given as proof that Jesus is false. Maybe somebody can help me out here. How can man - any man, for that matter - disprove God and the Bible and Jesus Christ. I'm not looking for insults here. I'm just looking for the proof that was talked about. I've noticed that anytime one of these threads pertaining to God and Jesus comes up, there is lots to be said. Here we are on page 15 already. All I'm asking is for somebody to clear this up for me. I'd really like to know. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Um which came first? Sex? Or the actions you describe to me?

Uhmm. Hormones... which have many different purposes OTHER than procreation. Testosterone for example has more purposes than simply procreation. Same as Estrogen.

Now... I will give you this. All actions ever taken are for the purpose of procreation and survival.

That being the case doesn't make homosexuality any more a psychological thing than heterosexuality.

In fact it is influenced by hormones in the same way that heterosexual attraction is.

Gay men are as primally turned on by the smell of another man in heat as a woman is... or better yet, a Gay man is as turned on by the scent of a man in heat as a man is by the scent of a woman.

THe point being... although in some cases it might be psychological.... it is just as often if not more physical and chemical.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You attempting to dodge the question. The differences in sex solely exist for procreation. And that is the point of my argument. Before those other behavioral aspects sprang into being was sex as a device for procreation. And please please please believe me I am NOT denouncing homosexuality. As I said, what people *and animals* do or not do is most assuredly not my place to judge. All the instinct tells us to do is stick it in the hole or have something in the hole, I just think there is at times confusion as to which and what.

Addition: Firstly, the human animal does not go into "heat". Secondly, those conditions can be affected by psychological means.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

lol... my wife goes into heat once every 30 days.... sorry but having raised farm animals there isn't any difference other than duration.

Seriously, once during my wifes period, she goes into heat.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

LoL! And mine wants it all the time except when shes yanno. There is variation there.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by F15-Pilot

If you're looking for definitive answers, then you'll be looking forever. Its all hypothesis and speculation.

Each post has its own theory to offer, with a bit of insight and wisdom. In the end, you have to piece things together in a way in which it works for you.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

The other thing is why do things have to have purpose? Granted those which don't have a link to survival will eventually fade away because of non use, but nothing really has a purpose does it? Other than that which is interpreted subjectively?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Perhaps I used the wrong word, how's this, function? The function for the act existed well before the behavior you are speaking of. No offense meant but this is honestly starting to feel like a semantics match, but that feeling could be wrong.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike73173
Proof that Christ does not exist.

I don't believe your benchmarks are in any way indicative of Christ's non-existence. Let's use Genghis Khan, the greatest military conquerer of all time, as a comparison:

Lets see...no DNA

Genghis Khan's body cannot be produced. Therefore we have no DNA.

There was no body that one can gather evidence from.

Genghis Khan's body cannot be produced. Therefore, similarly, no evidence can be gathered.

No proof of manger.

Genghis Khan was born in a yurt on the steppes of Mongolia. Obviously, the yurt cannot be produced. Therefore, no evidence of birthplace, as above.

Christ's b-day of December 25th is a farce, which also happens to be a pagan holiday.

This doesn't have any bearing on Christ's existence whatsoever. As a comparison, Genghis Khan's birthday was not recorded and is completely unknown.

No collaboration of scholarly sources that demonstrates his existence.

Actually, the following non-Biblical sources exist:

Pliny the Younger
Tacitus
Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus
Mara bar Sarapion
Lucian (the Romano-Syrian)
Celsus
The Babylonian Talmud and other Jewish sources.

There are 3 original manuscripts of the Ta'rikh-i Ghazani, which is the most complete biography of Genghis Khan. There are thousands of original ancient manuscripts which refer to Jesus Christ.

No actual writings that came from Christ.

Genghis Khan, likewise, did not actually produce any writings himself.

The bible being revised multiple times while having multiple books removed from it destroys credibility.

Actually, the Dead Sea Scrolls found at Qumran in the 20th century confirm the accuracy of the original text as found in the books of the Bible (where they corroborate).

Nevertheless, this has no bearing on whether Christ actually existed, as there are also secular sources which I have noted above.

As a comparison, multiple conflicting accounts exist of the cause of Genghis Khan's death. Some say he that he fell off his horse after a battle. Others say that he died from illness such as pneumonia. Another accounts allege he was killed in battle.

All of these things leads to the non-existence of the character of Christ.

By your logic, and using your benchmarks, Genghis Khan also did not exist.

Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion, but the standards you've used to verify Jesus' non-existence are not adequate.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Roark]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Roark]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by clcreek

You must not know your bible very well. Because the bible specifically states that God is all knowing and omnipotent as well as omniscient.

You see, I used to be Christian. That was, until I could think for myself and realized that none of it made a bit of sense.

Psalm 139:2-6; Isaiah 40:13-14
Genesis 18:14; Luke 18:27; Revelation 19:6
Psalm 139:7-12

It fascinates me that most atheists and non-believers in Christianity seem to know the bible MUCH better than their practitioners.

So you were a Christian once, how is that relevant? It doesn't mean you know anything, it means you believed something. What I find interesting is that there are few churches that actually follow the bible. Most do not do the things it says.

Use the Sabbath for example; Christ kept the sabbath on the seventh day, all through the bible the sabbath was kept on the seventh day - but today most Christian churches keep it on the first day. So if you went to a Sunday keeping church then you didn't follow Christ's example or Gods supreme law, the 10 commandments, and therefore you where/are not a Christian. If you where a Christian you would follow Christ and do what he commands. Christianity really is simple.

Your quoting of scripture is cute. None of those, and I did go read them to see if you had something to teach me, refutes the idea of free will or teaches that God knows what you are going to do before you do it. All that is said is that he has all knowledge, you can't get away from him, he knows your thoughts, and that God can do things you can't. Where in any of what you quoted does it contradict the concept of free will.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
One thing sticks out when it comes down about Jesus Christ. The word JESUS is not the proper Hebrew name because the letter J does not exist in Hebrew writing. The name Yahshua the Messiah does exist.

I believe if you look hard at the name JESUS you will find it means BAAL.
Is BAAL the deity you wish to admire and lift your hands in praise to ? BAAL was a Lucifer worshiper.

Hows that for food for thought ?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

very well sir- i site Cornelius Tacitus, roman historian and Gov. of
turkey a.d. 112 - Tacitus writing from" the annals of pliney the younger" to suppress therfore the common rumar.Nero procured others
to be accused and inflicted exquisite punishments upon those people, who were in
abhorrence to thier crimes, and were commonly known as the Christians
as that was thier denomination from Christus (Christ). who in the reign of Tiberius WAS PUT TO DEATH AS A CRIMINAL by the prosecutor Pontius
pilot. now what.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It wasn't like you hurt my feelings because I am used to those typical responses from Christians. When they cannot explain something, they resort to insults or worse...they claim that you're going to hell for questioning their faith.

I took nothing personally, so, don't worry about that. Its merely a fight or flight response for someone to react in the fashion that you did when faced with adversity.

I'm not a Christian BTW, dude.

...and I'm not gonna waste my time refuting your post when they're not even your words, especially when they are posted in such great volume.

That's all. There's no fight-or-flight here. I just don't respect your cut and paste enough to respond to it. A lot of those "Bible contradictions" websites are insincere in that they take single phrases and present them as written with no consideration of context or the author's intent.

Meh.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by F15-Pilot

If you're looking for definitive answers, then you'll be looking forever. Its all hypothesis and speculation.

Each post has its own theory to offer, with a bit of insight and wisdom. In the end, you have to piece things together in a way in which it works for you.

Why is the title of this topic "Proofthat Jesus and all Religions are False" if it's all hypothesis and speculation. I suppose the OP could help me out. It's not clear to me and I'd really like to know. But thank you for trying to be of help.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
One thing sticks out when it comes down about Jesus Christ. The word JESUS is not the proper Hebrew name because the letter J does not exist in Hebrew writing. The name Yahshua the Messiah does exist.

I believe if you look hard at the name JESUS you will find it means BAAL.
Is BAAL the deity you wish to admire and lift your hands in praise to ? BAAL was a Lucifer worshiper.

Hows that for food for thought ?

Well, there's no food for anything until you demonstrate how "Jesus" means "Baal".

Baal didn't worship Lucifer, either. Baal was an ancient Caananite deity. He didn't worship anything. He was a statue.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

yeah, it does seem like alot of others jump onboard to debunk christianity when threads like these come about. i can only think how arrogant the OP is for making such claims as to call religions false, to say Jesus never exsisted, to question the faith of others in God. its like conspiracy on steroids and now with this so-called "age of information" anyone can cut and paste to make outragious claims seem plausable, i wish they would trashcan threads like this, but i guess freedom of speech comes before anything anymore...........

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XD9611

Thank you. I was sitting here trying to put those exact thoughts into my own words. Nicely done and thanks again.

Oh, and Subdivisions is such a great song!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by calmbutwary]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lord Raglan stumbled upon this equation a while ago, I detail it on my thread: The Hero Pattern: Could Jesus be Fake?

There is a 22 point scale that outlines what a "hero" is, Jesus is one of many in a long line of heros. They are still made to this day, none worshipped as Jesus though. (Neo, from the Matrix, comes to mind)

Either way, check into the book I reference in my thread. It will help you to look at all the 'other' religions.

Also, the reason the OP says that all religions are fake/false is because they are all based off of this 'hero pattern' at some point. (Just my assumption)

(The book: "The Hero Pattern: A Study in Myth and Tradition" (Author: Lord Raglan))

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Jesus should be Joshua in English... Baal was a statue that did nothing but sit there, I believe that would be an acurate assesment of the "deity" Baal.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mike73173

i could cut through most of these like a knife through butter pal i just refuse to allow you to take up that much of my time. oh ,but i did find this
for you. I site Cornelius tacitus -roman historian and Gov. to Turkey a.d.
112 Tacitus writing from "the annals of pliney the younger"
to suppress therfore the common rumors,Nero procured others to be
accused,and inflicted exquisite punishments upon those people,who
were known as Christians. as they had thier denomination from Christus
(Christ) who in the reign of Tiberius was PUT TO DEATH AS A CRIMINAL
by the prosecutor Pontius Pilot. a historical fact if u need more find em yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join