It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow everything went from trying to disprove God and the Bible to predictions of the end time and whether or not giants walked the earth.

Ron Weinland is one of the current "self proclaimed" "end time prophets who's dates have come and gone (although he is able to shift things around and has a nice story about how God gave him new information that delays things a-bit, how convenient); he believes that 2008 began the tribulation and that God will again rule in 2012. I personally don't feel like I am in the tribulation... anyways for 2012 to be the date alot of prophecies from the bible would have had to have been fulfilled; if they were fulfilled it sure took place quietly... If your into end time prophecies you should look him up...

I find it all fascinating... humorous... disturbing...

The most laughable thing is trying to prove any of this stuff. It is all faith based and requires a bit of blind devotion and therefore not provable except to yourself.

If you are a non-believer you cannot disprove God to a Christian, Muslim, Jew... If you believe in a God you cannot prove their existence to a non-believer.

It all makes for a fun argument or discussion.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by clcreek]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by watchtheashes
I'm not into sumerian anything. There is definitely a Creator but it was not aliens. In fact I think those legends came from the Nephilim to throw us off.

BTW, yes the Nephilim were giants. The last remaining of these was the King Og of Bashan. They are also often referred to as the Amorites, and the Bible claims they are ""like the height of the cedars,". Even King Og's casket measurements are described which indicates his height.

Yes true, and in fact the more I look into it the more I AM CONVINCED that giants did indeed walk the earth in ancient times, in exactly what context I cannot be sure but for now this will suffice as a point to research from

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

Well actually, homosexuality is natural. In many ecological environments homosexuality will manifest when potential mates or resources are scarce. Whether my parents are homosexual is irrelevant. Are all relationships about reproduction? No of course not.

Often we (individuals in the human race) will victimize the thing we fear the most within ourselves. Feeling partially or wholly gay is perfectly normal. Get over it.

Remember, if you are a theist, that god created homosexuality, in the same way that god created you.

OK, God did NOT create homosexuality, man did. I don't remember God giving Adam another man! Its nothing short of a chemical imbalance in the brain that some give in to, and in some cases it's just lack of judgement. IMBALANCE=NOT NATURAL God is perfect and did not make ANY sin (including homosexuality). If everyone thought it was 'natural' to be gay, the human race would die out in less than 100 years.

Yeah you're right, mates would be scarce if everyone turned to homosexuality!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by clcreek

Or an exercise in futility.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawbringer

reply to post by mithrawept

Well actually, homosexuality is natural. In many ecological environments homosexuality will manifest when potential mates or resources are scarce. Whether my parents are homosexual is irrelevant. Are all relationships about reproduction? No of course not.

Often we (individuals in the human race) will victimize the thing we fear the most within ourselves. Feeling partially or wholly gay is perfectly normal. Get over it.

Remember, if you are a theist, that god created homosexuality, in the same way that god created you.

OK, God did NOT create homosexuality, man did. I don't remember God giving Adam another man!
Yeah you're right, mates would be scarce if everyone turned to homosexuality!

Wait a minute... you are talking about the Hebrew god.... what about other Gods... Bacchus surely gave us Homosexuality!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Or how about no god gave it to us or nature and we just went off in our own direction like we are more often than not to do?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

How about the phrase "God gave it to us" actually means "It's a natural thing"...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think you misunderstand me. I was saying it's most likely a psychological thing that we have developed. Not anything encoded in our genes by accident or intention of a higher power. Hows that?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawbringer
OK, God did NOT create homosexuality, man did.

So how do you explain homosexuality in animals?

Is has been observed in a number of species.

Did man teach these animals to be homosexual?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Um, why would man have to teach it for an animal to develop said actions on their own? Rather humancentric to think that dontcha think?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
All religions steal from each other in order to propagate their belief system and make it appear superior to all others.

Several things were even stolen from the native Americans and placed in religion.

If you dive deep you'll find so many commonalities between all of them that when you start investigating these commonalities you will see religion today is a combination of many other religions. The only reason most people don't see this is because the majority of the population follows only a few traditional religions so most never hear of a good majority of them.

It almost appears as if there at one time was only one religion and as people broke off and formed their own belief systems because theirs were "better" than the original then the others adopted the better aspects of the new religion into the original. Only to lead to mass confusion and in the end denial that anything ever existed in the first place.

Kind of like how Americans broke off from the English and went to America to settle, because they thought their way would be better.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

source please.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Roark

Um, why would man have to teach it for an animal to develop said actions on their own? Rather humancentric to think that dontcha think?

They wouldn't. Uhh, that's entirely my point. It's ludicrous.

The poster I was responding to had suggested that man "created" homosexuality.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

No, I was not refering to animals. Let me rephrase it for you. Man created human homosexuality.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by lawbringer]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oh... i see gay animals all the time, so i dont see it as anything different than heterosexual sex...

although lots of behaviors are pantomimed due to psychological trauma etc, that doesn"t mean homosexuality is psychological in general. Its just as natural as heterosexuality.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yet it does not and cannot produce an offspring which is why sex exists in nature. Either way, I could care less what people do in their bedrooms, absolutely none of my buisness. But I am merely speaking my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Saying that we can answer the question "why does sex exist" with one answer is rather presumptuous.

In many natural situations, sex exists as more than procreation. It also exists as part of the social rituals. Take bonobos for example. Female bonobos will often "have sex" with female bonobos from other tribes in order to end wars etc.

And in the insect kingdom it spells the demise of males...

I don't think we can look at anything in nature and presume to know "why it exists" and assume we have all the answers on that.

I mean, I have sex all the time with my wife and have no desire to have another child, and no desire to stop having sex with my wife ;-)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

So, while these similarities exist, and may perhaps "hint" that Jesus was simply adapted from various other religions (and there is a lot of proof int hat direction), to say this proves that ALL religions are false is quite naive and pretentious.
To think you know the answer is silly. No one really does. But some of us have a good idea.

Perhaps these figures stem from some reality and were translated to fit the people of the time. That still leaves the original.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

Proof that Christ does not exist.

Lets see...no DNA
No correlative events other than what was written in the bible.
There was no body that one can gather evidence from.
No proof of manger.
Christ's b-day of December 25th is a farce, which also happens to be a pagan holiday.
No collaboration of scholarly sources that demonstrates his existence.
No actual writings that came from Christ.
The bible being revised multiple times while having multiple books removed from it destroys credibility.

All of these things leads to the non-existence of the character of Christ. So, its not the "supposed" atheists that need to prove his non-existence. Believers need to provide the proof that he did, since they are the one's who consistently try to convert non-believers. And just because people don't believe in the existence of Christ does not mean that they are atheists. It just means they aren't easily fooled.

If you want someone to believe in your God, its best to provide back up for it other than an archaic book that promotes superstition and peddles fear in order to gain believers. Most people who convert to Christianity do it out of fear of hell as opposed to the love of God. These are the wrong reasons to approach anything.

It was fear that caused millions of Americans to back a war in Iraq...And, as it turns out, we attacked a country under false pretenses (no WMD's). When you do things out of fear, you're likely to make a mistake. So...maybe if Christians altered their approach, things would be a little different.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You and I think quite alike.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join