It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It always amazes me how so many people are completely unable to look at religion through the eyes of anthropology and sociology... instead it's either got to be Christ my Lord or, Faith is retarded, or It's a tool to oppress you!

Why can't people be intelligent? Religion is a phenomena that occurs in societies. Whether you like the one which dominates your society or not has nothing to do with religion in general.

I just wish both sides would wise up... Christians... Unless you are Jewish, your ancestors have adopted the stories of a completely different tribe. You've been duped. Although I'm sure yer happy with it.

Atheists, unless you are also willing to exhort the fallacy of believing in a self, then shut the heck up about the fallacy of God. You have also been duped. But I'm sure you are also happy with that.

I'm content to say that

1. It doesn't matter if a God exists
2. What matters is my own personal experiences, and nothing more.
3. I change my beliefs to suit my motives. Today I might have a vision of Mary whilst tomorrow I celebrate the finding of the missing link, and still the next day I give thanks to Lugh!

Why? Because as a human I want to experience everything that is human... all beliefs, all sides of the equation.. if people would just stop hating on everything they don't know, or even stop blindly supporting those things they think they know then we MIGHT be close to being an intelligent species...

Until then, we are nothing but screaming monkeys throwing feces at eachother.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Star and Flag. Awesome post. also, very nice post by Karl12

2nd line

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think these things give more credence to a shared past,present and future. Even though much of what was present was mythologies and legends. I think God revealed himself and his future plans to not just one people group and anyone who did much Astrology at any of these times could have divined the coming of a Christ.

The names may be different and the language as well but that doesnt mean these all dont relate to the same occurances that mankind has shared and will share together.

I always like seeing dicussions like this. Most Aethists and debunkers spend more time thinking about Jesus and God than do most Christians. I would say they are much more spiritual as well as they seek to define what they believe. Many Christians could certainly learn alot about spirituality by watching and reading things by Aethists and Jesus debunkers.

Couple odd things I always thought is that you dont see many Krishna debunkers or Mohammed debunkers or Buddah no it only seems to be Jesus that most Aethis and such are focused on. Sometimes i wonder if that in itself is not a testament of sorts to the power of this man and the life and message he brought. Why waste time trying to debunk something that doesnt matter, maybe this is almost a subconscious admission that Jesus matters?

Also if i was a Jew I would have written a far better historical record making my people look less shameful through there history. I cannot see why anyone would write the things they did for any other reason than historical accurateness. Their history is not one to hold your head up high on its actually pretty shameful through out and derogatory. Anyone faking a book the historical record of the Old Testemant could have made the Jews more likeable and less like the whiney, disobedient, idol woshipping fornicators that makes up the largest portions of their account. Dunno just always sturck me as odd and probably pretty accurate considering the way it was written.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulfear

Ok you had me until you started calling the jews of the OT whiny idolaters who are also fornicators...

I thought you were saying shameful because of the genocide committed by Joshua etc.

You do realize that the things you pointed out as shameful were just a way of life for Celtic peoples... there was no religious sin in Celtic times other than to come to a stand still in your life.

The thought that fornication is a sin, or idolatry etc comes from only one religion, one which does not belong to those with pale skin.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Those were simply the times people lived in and mankind was just starting to realize things, and look now. We are civilized. There is still unrest, but for the most part we don't go around threatening anyone who stands in our way. We now entertain ourselves in quiet neighborhoods because man knows the bad of war. Humanity just hasn't learned peace.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Yep... Times have changed, but it's not so much that man doesn't want war, it's that some have full bellies while others do not.

Those without full bellies will attack those who have plenty. That will never change no matter how civilized humanity becomes.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Well Said My friend i agree with all of your points made about Christianity also i would like to add to ur comments about Hinduism the priests there also child molesters but atleast the temples provide free food for people coming to visit. That dosent makes any religion good. I dont know what is the use of sixth sense when most of us dont use it often. I dont believe in strange things that easily. There was an incident that happened with me in India when all the statues in the temple started drinking milk i am a witness to that ,scientific BS was also given but I dont no What Higher power exists in this world hopefully something which can fulfill all the starvation and difficulties of our world. I am an atheist by nature but some times things out of ordinary do happen During those times i am confused.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Ashcool007]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe the real story of the OT is how long suffering God is with mankind, I mean here is a people group that has seen bread fall from heaven, parting the Red Sea, Wall fall down through playing trumpets and tons of other miraculous stuff and all God asked of them is basically dont worship other Gods and follow these other 9 commandments and u will own all. It's like writing a book about your pertetual screw-ups, it would be an extremely self loathing work of fiction. Hard to find much conspiracy there from how i look at it. They didn't make themselves out to be all that great more like everyday people who even when God is right in your face showing you a miracle we are so blinded we cannot except it.

Thats what makes it seem to have the ring of truth for me....

Then cross over to the NT and it doesnt get much better for the Jews they are still the same kinda of people many of them. We still act like this today, the same people is see in Jesus time are still with us and I am and have been one of them. I see my own faults, and those of others are not much different today.

But your right many pagan societies did not have some of the same ways of looking at what may be right or wrong.

Over all there are many good lessons in the OT or NT along with some pretty epic fails, I think i learn the most from the epic fails

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulfear

Heh...

Bible == Epic Fail!

That's a great one.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I would like to point out that Jesus was resurrecting Adam and Eve every time they committed suicide for being banished from the Garden. The were so afraid of night and day and the cave they were banished to and the Earth in general. Also many books lost from the Holy Bible also describe accurate accounts of orbits an astronomical data among other things. So Jesus pre-existed before they even bore a child. That was written down by Hebrew people thousands of years before Christ ever came. God Himself says in the text that He will have to take on the form of a human and suffer for humanity's sin. Then that Jesus would rescue Adam and Eve at the Second Coming. All of this before Moses even wrote down the Torah. The reason Hebrews rejected Jesus is because it would have to be for Him to be crucified to take the punishment.

EDIT: The Church and the latter Hebrews rejected these as heretic because if the Earth wasn't flat back then it was heresy.

[edit on 5/25/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The existence and life of Jesus Christ is the most verifiable and accurate record in history. The documentation surrounding Krishna, Buddha, Horus, etc. are not ancient, not verifiable, and not reliable for any comparison or belief. In fact, many of these similarities to Christ were added or contrived long after the life of Jesus.

The coming of the messiah was told to Adam and Abraham, Noah, etc. It is no surprise that there would be copycat efforts by Satan to take man away from the truth. For example, when Adam and Eve sinned, they wore fig leaves. The fig tree was the biblical symbol for Israel. When God made them clothes, he sacrificed an animal's life for each of them, as their new clothing was made of animal skins. When Cain slew Abel it was because Cain did not sacrifice the blood of an animal (blood sacrifice was a type and shadow of the coming of Christ), and Cain's sacrifice of plants was not acceptable to God, therefore Cain slew Abel. The names of the patriarchs from Adam to Noah roughly state in translation: "Man is appointed mortality (or to die) but God will provide a comforter."

It is no great thing for Satan to make false copies for man to follow before the coming of the real savior. Look at all the idols that were worshiped before Jesus came.

If you go with the Bible code, it also testifies of Jesus.

If you are looking for the truth, Jesus is the truth. I find it so hard to understand why this world constantly tries to eliminate faith in Jesus. All He ever did was bring love to mankind, and taught us to love one another. Doesn't it seem obvious to you yet that Satan wants to destroy that love we have for each other? Is it so hard to accept that God loves you? Why do you continue to fight the love and compassion of God? Are you still in the old testament, looking at the judgments of God? Did you miss reading John?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Jim Scott]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Buddha was also one giving sermons and also walked on water. That is a key thing to know because there is a prophecy of a coming Buddha that most Buddhists say is a literal event in the future. The name of this Buddha is Maitreya and is the name of the Anti-Christ. Maitreya comes out to 666 in too many languages for it to be a mere coincidence.

Satan loves to deceive and what better way than through false religions? Than through UFOs? Than through Maitreya?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

i didn't see any references for your research. do you have textual/archaeological references?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is really stupid to say but I just noticed the posts I had were 666 posts. Probably a coincidence right when I'm trying to explain the Beast to the masses?

"Ascended Masters" are really
fallen angels, or demons, who
fool people into following them
into eternal hell.

So it's no co-incidence. THe Ascended Masters are disciples of Maitreya and are going to claim they are aliens from Orion or something like that.

333 — The Ascended Masters are near you, desiring you to know that you have their help, love, and companionship. Call upon the Ascended Masters often, especially when you see the number 3 patterns around you. Some of the more famous Ascended Masters includes: Jesus, Moses, Mary, Quan Yin, and Yogananda.

666 — Your thoughts are out of balance right now, focused too much on the material world. This number sequence asks you to balance your thoughts between heaven and earth. Like the famous "Sermon on the Mount," the angels ask you to focus on spirit and service, and know your material and emotional needs will automatically be met as a result.

In other words it's like a threat. A spiritual threat.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
The existence and life of Jesus Christ is the most verifiable and accurate record in history.

LOL! Why? Seriously, where do you get your facts?

All He ever did was bring love to mankind, and taught us to love one another.

The bible might say so... but ive read other stories about charcters that did the same.. some even saved the world andd stuff!

If its so verifiable that someone named jesus lived and did all those things im sure you can post some of that evidence. No?

Doesn't it seem obvious to you yet that Satan wants to destroy that love we have for each other?

Not yet. Never met him and never saw him as far as im concerned. So no point believing he exists.

Is it so hard to accept that God loves you?

Yahweh loves me? Superman loves us too.. he never lies, and is super helpful. But i trust you, the god in the bible loves me...i'll take your word for it. Not hard to accept. I also accept that superman loves me. (doesnt mean they are real though)

Why do you continue to fight the love and compassion of God? Are you still in the old testament, looking at the judgments of God?

He did some pretty nasty stuff there ya.. the sequel was kinda lame though.

Now let me ask you to accept something..

1) You put your faith in man when you believe in the bible, since men wrote it.

2) By denying evolution you are denying your own gods creation. You wont learn about your god's creation, and you're against scientists who go out to learn how your god's creation works. You shun your own god's creation.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Daniem]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The same ideology that those 11:11 angels people use. It makes me sick. They are either really really disturbed or are being deceived by the Watchers.

Read this thread for evidence of divine authorship of the Bible. If I am correct no "atheist" can come up with any evidence for the non-existence of Jesus and God. So I provided evidence of just that with these.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You put your faith in man when you believe in the bible, since men wrote it.

I would like to point out that Jesus was resurrecting Adam and Eve every time they committed suicide for being banished from the Garden

So these same men could predict the future right?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
These same men actually have a 100% track record of prophecy fulfilled. The Bible was written by prophets who were inspired by God. Led by the Hand of God.

Which would undoubtedly explain why Jesus is mentioned before Adam and Eve even bear any children or are used to the outside of the Garden.

Edit: Some of the prophecy is just now only being fulfilled. That is without interpretation. How plain can you get when you mention the great end time nation with the symbol of the eagle? Or mentioning that Babylon would be known for it's skyline and merchandise and economic wealth? Hmmm...America?

[edit on 5/25/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thats cool and all but alot of religions show similarities. That doesnt devalidate jesus.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I dont get it.. you have one book that states prophesies, and another book that tells about the prophesies coming true. So?

You already KNOW the prophesies... all you gotta do is make up a story about someone fulfilling them

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join