It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna.

Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One")
His father was a carpenter.
His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
He was of royal descent.
He was baptized in the River Ganges.
He worked miracles and wonders.
He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
"He lived poor and he loved the poor."

www.sanfords.net...

Edit: Restored the OP.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by intrepid]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
[edit on 24-5-2009 by Neon Haze]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I need to reply to you to say that your research is brilliant.

It just so happens that I believe in Jesus - just a gut feeling. But I can see that these other figures are equally to be believed.

I will stay with Jesus.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wasnt this covered in the Zeitgeist movies?

You make a good point with the math though, and I myself believe that mankind has a huge ego which should be reigned in.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Wasnt this covered in the Zeitgeist movies?

I did see the movie which then led me to question the information presented there.

I thought that this can't be true, but the more I researched the deeper the rabit hole went. I have stacks of info on all the figures above.

For me Zeitgeist was the first domino in what is becoming a life long passion to wake people up and show them the machinery behind society.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

I love it when, by using logic and facts, we can get truth.
It's funny that people will believe in a religion with all the mumbo jumbo, walking on water etc, but be very opposed to accepting that UFO's are real.

s/f

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Great thread

I've always liked this Ann Druyan quote taken from the book 'Cosmos' by Carl Sagan.

Photograph of planet Earth taken by Voyager 1 which was 4 billion miles away:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b690d8cda0ad.jpg[/atsimg]

Ann Druyan suggest an experiment: Look again at the pale blue dot.Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any length of time and then try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step further: Imagine that everything was made just for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit.How seriously do you take their claim?

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
warrenb I agree with you 100%!

Myth, legend, and history often combine to give us a true picture!

OP nice work, it is great to see this stuff all neatly organized and in one location.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Thorough and interesting post...

I have feeling that most of the criticism will be focus around Horus part.

Jesus lovers like to debunk that part, lol.

Remember this, lol.

Even though Jesus never existed, he still loves you...because what else love could be ?

Since Atheism is religion, allegedly, lol, I will pray for ya

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
wow, very impressive, you did your homework and spent the time for everyone. thank you. maybe a few will open there eyes!

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Could the comparisons of the "myths" surrounding these religious figures, actually, lend more credence to the basis for the religions?

Can we prove that one stole the story from another? Or, is there a basic truth in them all?

Though a timeline might suggest the story was stolen/borrowed, might the original version (probably untraceable), be absolutely accurate? If so, it may have only been perverted beyond recognition.

Believe me, I don't have the answers. Just offered for thought.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I admire the time that you have put into your post, but it will mean nothing to christians because when you ask Jesus into your life, he lets you know that he is there.
So no matter what figures or other supposed Gods that you come up with, it will fall on deaf ears i'm afraid.
You have done a good job of giving none believers some more ammo though and as you can see by the replies, not many christians about.
Nice work with the figures though, it shows that you are in a minority when it comes to believing in God, i wonder why that is?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Religion - dogma, per se - was developed to control us of Human heart.

I recommend reading The Terra Papers for a view of why and what happened in our distant past.

Terra Papers history: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Terra Papers glossary: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Papers themselves: www.freedomdomain.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would think there are at least 500,000 satanists in this world out of 6.5 billion, lol.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Can we prove that one stole the story from another?

Well,some of the content is quite similar:

BIBLE

Have no other gods before me

Make no idols

Do not misuse the name of God

Keep the Sabbath holy

Honor your mother and father

Do not kill

Do not commit adultery

Do not steal

Do not lie

Do not covet another’s property

THE EGYPTIAN BOOK OF THE DEAD

I do not tamper with divine balance

I stop not a god when he comes forth

I do not offend the god who is at the helm

(Egyptians had no Sabbath)

I do not harm my kinsmen

I do not kill

I am not an adulterer

I do not rob

I do not tell lies instead of truth

I do no wrong or mischief to others

As for people wilfully ignoring these similarities and abjectly refusing to
address (or even acknowledge) them - I'm reminded of this quote:

"Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion". Lemuel K. Washburn

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Though a timeline might suggest the story was stolen/borrowed, might the original version (probably untraceable), be absolutely accurate? If so, it may have only been perverted beyond recognition.

It is my belief that these stories have been passed down through the generation but the story itself cannot be taken literally even if it were possible to find the source.

I think that all the evidence points to the fact all societies that have the same myths at the foundation of their cultures must have started at a common point.

What these people observed as the life cycles of nature, they applied what little knowledge they had to create the stories.

So the Sun becomes the giver of life which is literally of course what it is to this planet, although we know what the sun is people of old would have nothing to relate it to other than their observations.

Then for whatever reason this central culture must have branched to form the diversity in culture we have today.

Looking forward five thousand years people using technology may very well be more intelligent than we are today, but they could not say of our time that we were not intelligent, just did not have access to the technology they have. This is exactly the same as us looking back the same length of time.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Neon Haze]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl, I can only respond with my original questions.

Can we prove that one stole the story from another? Or, is there a basic truth in them all?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Great researched article, Kudos to you Neon Haze. I too came to this conclusion myself when researching religions of the world led me to a point of origin, then led down the proverbial rabbit hole and into wonderland. For me Zeitgeist wasn't the beginning, but rather the straw that broke the camel's back, it all came together in a way I had never seen presented before.

Could the comparisons of the "myths" surrounding these religious figures, actually, lend more credence to the basis for the religions?

Believe me, I don't have the answers. Just offered for thought.

There is plenty of evidence that stories were plagiarized and stolen from earlier, and sometimes Pagan sources, and the basic truth is, [beings] came down here, and humanity thought them Gods, and worshipped them as such. If the Planet X people are correct, and Planet X comes near Earth again, humanity just might get to meet these God(s) face to face!

Originally posted by warrenb

I love it when, by using logic and facts, we can get truth.
It's funny that people will believe in a religion with all the mumbo jumbo, walking on water etc, but be very opposed to accepting that UFO's are real.
s/f

My thoughts exactly warrenb. Of course you do realize that TRUTH is a relative term, when applied to religious theory and application origins. Original records may or may not exist, and may or may not be false, and may or may not be the ramblings of someone flying high on sacred mushrooms. We can see ET craft, there are thousands of photos and videos available, so to our eyes anyway....they are real. I have talked to several Christians who told me they had actually seen Christ. I too have seen beings not of this Earth, and it always happens that their sight of Christ is the real deal, and what I see is devils and demons. The minds of man have been infected with viruses for a long time, and the mind does not have a firewall.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
I think that all the evidence points to the fact all societies that have the same myths at the foundation of their cultures must have started at a common point.

Ditto. Relating this to one religion, I think all modern forms of 'Christianity' have only barely recognizable similarities to the original. This is supported by the, sometimes, vastly divergent paths of the modern sects.

I describe all religions as an, ever expanding, inverted pyramid. At the lower point, or begining, is the truth. A time progresses, the widening increases. So that we are only creating greater distance from ourselves and the truth. Sorry if that visual is confusing. It is easier for me to demonstrate than to explain.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by WTFover]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Great post. Although as an atheist, I don't really want to be lumped in with those theists who don't subscribe to a religion or the 'pull up a fence' agnostics.

This is all about probability. The probability that the universe was created by god (whichever god you were brainwashed into believing as a child) and the probability that the universe was created by a giant intergalactic squid called Colin are the same; neither has any evidence for it's existence.

Oh, while I'm here, if anyone wishes to join the Holy Church of Colin of latter day Squids, let me know. Joining costs only $100 and for an additional $1000, Colin will absolve your sins and secure your place in the cephalopod afterlife.

Calamari anyone?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join