It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's reality-show presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Barack Obama's reality-show presidency

www.politico.com

Obama's become a reality icon in a nutshell.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Adding to what the news article says, there seems to be no end in sight in the masterful moves of the new president, and all to his favor to turn the country in the best direction.

The hoopla referenced in the news article does not end there, especially given what I saw next: As a sitting president, President Obama already having his own BOBBLE HEAD DOLL on the market to idolize him in the moment and not necessarily done to criticize him like Bush. I was taken aback to see that on YourHandymanZone.com, while looking for some home improvement tips, I came across this huge ad on the main page, advertising a Bobble Head Doll of Obama. Suffice it to say, I pursued the ad to get my hands on this Obama bobble head doll as it could turn into a pretty penny; I didn't even care for the opportunity to win the $500 Visa card that came along with the participation--it was an "after-thought." I think it's remarkable that to this day after the inauguration, the euphoria of Obama is still present. (Here's the site to see the ad if it's still there: yourhandymanzone.com...)

The point that I make as an ordinary citizen is that Obama has taken the presidency to a new level: He's the first sitting president to appear on late night talk shows. He has this swagger, nonchalant appeal. It's really something else. Will it hurt the image of the presidency in the future, I don't know, but it is something to think about as Obama rewrites the rules on the presidency.........stay tuned to Obama News Network, or ONN, lol!

Don't get me started on how the media adores him...

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am 51, not real old, not real young....I have seen a few presidents come and go and have always followed the news pretty closely. Never have I seen a POTUS get so much media coverage, really!

Press conferences are constant, signings are handled with fanfare, and he courts the press and the people shamelessly. One can only imagine where this new trend will go in following administrations. Truman anyone???

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You also have to consider who was in office the eight years before Obama, how rarely we ever heard from him, how ridiculous it was when we did hear from him, and what a genuinely unlikeable moron he came off as. Obama is getting a ton of attention because it seems every day he's doing something new and actually working unlike the last idiot who was on vacation literally a third of his term. Also Obama is articulate and has a sense of humor. And oh yeah he's the first Black president and the sign that this country is rising above it's racist and stained past. Also you people should consider reading some history, specifically Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson and how they used the Presidency. You think Obama is an attention whore, he ain't nothing compared to TR (who was the most bad ass President in American History)

But of course he's still controlled by Bilderbrand ground and the lizard people and he's a evil commie who's trying to destroy, subvert and make us all muslims... or something...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

new topics

top topics

join