It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith is retarded (Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Original video "Faith Is Retarded - Funny video mocking the delusional

HD HERE:
www.youtube.com...

"What do Kirk Cameron, Jesus Christ, and the Special Olympics have to do with one another? Clearly Christianity, as with all religions, has been a necessary cog in the machinery of evolution. But it is a crutch that we no longer need. "

"It is time for us to move past this primitive mindset and into a world based on reason and logic. In an ideal world, we could just leave these people be; but the fact that they use their delusions to force a bronze age mythology on the rest of us makes this impossible. These people have given us things like 8 years of George Bush and Prop 8. "

"They deny the mountain of amount of evidence that says we are killing our host planet, and they are actively and gleefully trying to bring about Armageddon so that their messiah can return. Ignoring them is no longer an option. "

"There is only one peaceful solution.... mocking."

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Daniem]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I got to star and flag it for the video at least.

Very entertaining, although it will get bashed because it was anti-christian, and didn't mention other religion, and other members will come on here, and complain well why just christianity huh, huh!

A new priest moved in next door, so of course he comes to say hi, and starts preaching to me, if I've found the good path (the christian path, apparently theres only one road that's good) I politely told him I was atheist.

Point blank the guy calls me ignorant and moronic, I thought, well nice to meet you to, so we got into a three hour debate, everything logical thing I said came back with moronic answers, I even said to him, I don't believe in evolution, but it's more easy to think that we evolved, then a genie starting popping up animals left and right, he replied don't chose whats easy to think but whats best to think, (I died a little inside).

Then he went on exclaiming how the earth is in fact 6,000 years old, I mentioned carbon dating, (which to my extreme surprise) he asked me if I had been alive in these millions of years ago, I said no, he then says well then you can't prove that the earth was here millions of years ago, (died some more inside) then he mentioned that carbon dating is just a theory and can't be taken seriously, to my surprise again used carbon dating to his benefit of the bloody cloth with a mans face on it!! When I tried to say there was no proof of existence of a jesus, he said but look the muslims acknowledge he exists, I said I don't think christianity is extremely false I think all religion is extremely false, he evaded.

All in all he politely asked me for another debate, I agreed he asked me to once a few videos from a John Bowel, I agreed he said when I was done come talk to him, I told him I will and I will also bring a few documents from sources about why it's false what you've said here today.

I thought the man was going to strangle me, he calmed down and said politely, "Michael, you need to understand that it is all based on faith". He assumed he won the debate, but the video clearly states I won, never spoke to him again, can't seem to get ahold of him either.....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Faith works! I've used faith to invent some really cool scientific theories, used faith to win all engineering and science competitions I've joined so far, locally and internationally even if handicapped by time, money and resources...

Used faith to understand the Bible, faith to keep thinking straight and calm and peace in very difficult and dangerous situations. Faith to remain healthy and physically strong without the use of medicines and vitamins and sometimes, without eating or drinking... Faith to understand all things I'm trying to learn. Faith to do things no man has done before!

I really don't mind if faith is being viewed as retarded. All I can say in that case, this world needs more retarded people!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My favorite thing to see is Bible thumpers claiming to "deny ignorance"...

Ahh irony at its very finest.

For some highlights of the intellectual finest on our forum, please refer to my signature for the creme de le creme.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

So says the members of the religion of atheism.
The most peaceful response is to live and let live. But that would remove the ego boost of feeling superior, wouldn't it?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Daniem

So says the members of the religion of atheism.
The most peaceful response is to live and let live. But that would remove the ego boost of feeling superior, wouldn't it?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

No, it's just that making fun of big-headed idiots is so pleasurable.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Ah, big headed idiots you say? So all of Christianity is to put it in your words "big headed idiots"? I feel inclined to point out the obvious fallacy in blanket generalizations about large groups of people. And while we are on subject, why would mocking such be pleasurable? Could it be because you feel superior to them? The mocking in and of itself shows that at the very least. Without a feeling of superiority one would not mock. Thus my statement stands.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

That is true. I'ved lived both sides of the coin, a religious - no questions asked, and Non-Religious - is there really a God?....

In fact, I was first Religious, and become non-Religious, then went semi-Religous... Laugh all you want but here's my take:

Never ever stop questioning like a child. Don't drop or accept a belief because someone else told you so, you must find it out yourself. Go to the internet, library, talk to people, travel places, meet new cultures, learn new things, it's a hard work, maybe not, if you love questing for knowledge, wisdom, and truth... Always keep an open mind. Ignorance is the worst enemy of mankind, Being religious or not, doesn't automatically make you knowledgeable of things!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My thoughts on the video:

1. The Kirk Cameron / 3 Little Pigs analogy is weeeaaaak. Telling someone that the 3 little pigs story is true and then deriding them for believing it is NOT the same thing as mocking humankind’s long and complex metaphysical journey throughout history of producing hypotheses and ideas about the origins of the natural world.

2. The assumption that the only 3 sources that Christians use to explore and test their theology are Kent Hogan, Lee Strobel, and Josh McDowall is just plain incorrect. This seems to be an experiential rant.

The author of this video comes across as a 1st year philosophy student who thinks he’s “got it all worked out”. He discounts and omits SO MUCH in his considerations that the content of his video is essentially of no value whatsoever. It’s just a brain-fart, and not a particularly clever one at that.

I’m not a religious person, but this snide and petulant offering is just beneath consideration.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I mostly agree but allow me to say this if you please. Religion is not synomous with "belief in a god".

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The thing is that faith emerges from the ego's realization that one's belief plays a huge part in their success.

Faith itself isn't retarded. It can often mean the difference between success and failure. The issue is when we allow our beliefs to become rigid, and then place faith in that.

It's like seeing... you can see some good stuff or you can see some stupid stuff, it doesn't make eyes retarded.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Blind faith is retarded. That consists of accepting things because someone told you so. Blind faith is what most people push and it's foolish.

I have faith that the understandings I have and such are true and right etc. I don't see anything wrong or retarded with that. There is a difference.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

But one can have blind faith in other things as well. Not just that a creator exists.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
My thoughts on the video:

1. The Kirk Cameron / 3 Little Pigs analogy is weeeaaaak. Telling someone that the 3 little pigs story is true and then deriding them for believing it is NOT the same thing as mocking humankind’s long and complex metaphysical journey throughout history of producing hypotheses and ideas about the origins of the natural world.

You do realize that if you came across a group of people who had never experienced the status quo, who had no perception of religion or it's stories. That both would be taken just as jokingly.

3 little pigs is just as ridiculous as Noah building an arc, then running around gathering millions of species to pack on a boat. While john the carpenter is bumping out cages and tanks at a rate of 100,000 a second.

Give me a break, bible is completely ridiculous. Anyone over 5 that hasn't been brainwashed by parents can see this. The rest of the believers are just imbred idiots.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So, no feelings of superiority you say?
Not to mention your comments are very much out of line and self-rightous.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I mostly agree but allow me to say this if you please. Religion is not synomous with "belief in a god".

I neither disagree or agree with you on that. I partially believe in an entity of vast creative and nurturing powers, but I wouldn't call him/her God for the meantime.

You know, anyone with the appropriate technology or much affinity to the Universe can achieve supernatural powers of Biblical proportions that is of the worldly definition of God. But I can't be certain that any or all omnipotent beings will demand worship even as a way to teach or guide us... Do you all force your pets or children to worship you?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

You misunderstand me. Not a problem though we are after all two different people.
This is what I mean as far as the definition of religion:

4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

SOURCE:www.merriam-webster.com...

I said that largely because of the false association a great many have with religion and spiritual beliefs or belief in deity as if the two are synonomous which is simply not true. I think it is largely an attempt to somehow place their beliefs on a higher tier than those they criticize. Thus my comments earlier about certain members of the religion of atheism.
Which also ties into why I think their comments on faith is silly. As if it is synonomous with religion or belief there in.

1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction ; especially : a system of religious beliefs

SOURCE:www.merriam-webster.com...
To have "faith" is simply to trust something, yet they call it stupid all the while trusting *having faith* in others.

It's ALL a silly word game with the purpose of sounding "righter" than their competition.

But we are on the same page about the idea of such a being requiring worship.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Ah, big headed idiots you say? So all of Christianity is to put it in your words "big headed idiots"? I feel inclined to point out the obvious fallacy in blanket generalizations about large groups of people. And while we are on subject, why would mocking such be pleasurable? Could it be because you feel superior to them? The mocking in and of itself shows that at the very least. Without a feeling of superiority one would not mock. Thus my statement stands.

Oh puhhhleeez. Christians are the first to lash out and condemn anyone who is a 'non believer'. Your self righteous posts make me want to hurl.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

No real christians would let you choose, but people who are doing wrong, should not go around claiming they are some sort of good person, after they have destroyed lifes etc...

If you do not want to be a christian thats your choice, but the thing that gets me are christians that do not follow what they pretend to be. Going to mass on sunday means nothing if your tras during the week, lol.

On this subject, its the sort of thing the world really needs. Op wrong is right remember in your mind, and man is god, making his own moral judgements lol.

If that was true, why is the saying"absolute power corrupts always right, in terms of humans". Absolute power always corrupts in huimans, and this proves that man cannot be god, lol.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Firstly, blanket generalizations about large groups of people will almost always be wrong. Not all Christians are like you are stating.
Secondly, here are a few logical fallacies for you:

Poisoning the well (or attempting to poison the well) is a logical fallacy where adverse information about a target is pre-emptively presented to an audience, with the intention of discrediting or ridiculing everything that the target person is about to say. Poisoning the well is a special case of argumentum ad hominem, and the term was first used with this sense by John Henry Newman in his work Apologia Pro Vita Sua.

SOURCE:en.wikipedia.org...
Not to mention the idea that even if they ALL did it first it's ok for you to do it. A common motherly question about bridges come to mind.
Thirdly, why am I self-rightous? Because I am calling you out for your obvious inferiority complex?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join