It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You two are one and the same person..

Nuts!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Modern quantum physics suggests that there must be an observing consciousness to give rise to all that is, or to uphold the universal wave of probability, and if we, as subjective observers do not create it ie: the moon is still there when you're not looking at it, then by extension, this would prove the existence of a universal mind of God, which by definition must be the infinity. Therefore infinity = universal God consciousness, a consciousness which always existed and of which we are now a part of, and if a part of it now, then by extension, at some level, always a part of ie: we were known before we entered the womb.

Yes I understand the concept of there needing to be an observer for there something to exist and that the observer is separate from the observed.

But these events are all happening within Infinity. There is nothing "outside" of Infinity by definition.

(Well, at least in my Definition. How could there be anything other than Everything?)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It is a good starting point to look at infinity. In that, I am also looking at oneness, and what it means to be at one with infinity. As you have stated, we are each a part of infinity which implies some infinite possibilities as to what we are.

The reality is, we exist. Both as a human construct, and as a self-realized individualized unit of this infinities consciousness. As an individualized unit of infinity, [consciousness] comes the implicit relationship with everything.

We are all parts of a greater whole, small parts of a much grander picture. A fractal node within an infinitely expanding fractal pattern. We are both the dreamer and the dream.

I'm right there with you Sky, it's an amazing thing to be a part of infinity, and even more so, to be a part of something that is consciousness.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Indeed but think of everything as ONE, not seperate whatsoever by any means at all.

Everything invisible and visible is all one single entity like human, for instance, made up of different cells and organs but you see them as nothing but a single individual.

Every rock, tree, air molecule are all concious and all exactly one with the other.

Pyscho.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Now this is good.. what a great thread

Just be happy you are here to ask even if you do not ask why like sky and are happy

Thats all you need just accept it and be happy

death life death

what part did you come from?

; )

the black part is what and that was another question

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

Now this is good.. what a great thread

Just be happy you are here to ask even if you do not ask why like sky and are happy

Thats all you need just accept it and be happy

death life death

what part did you come from?

; )

the black part is what and that was another question

In different views of skeptical criticism I'd like to indulge on the view of the "Black part" of your statement.

The infinite simply reforms and shapes the physical reality that we, physically in a body, originate from, therefor our physical body does come from "the black" at the same exact time as the infinite did, "IT" is as question filled as we are.

We, the actual "being", the one that IS being, is not of the infinite, but of the creator of the infinite.

-Psycho.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One way to look at this oneness with infinity is to explore Einstein's wave-particle duality,
-which is really non-duality.
The astrophysicist Jay Allen Hynek referred to light as being simultaneously a wave and a particle and called it a non-dual-duality.

"Seemingly dual but ultimately non-dual." Hynek has said.

The relationship of consciousness to light gets into spiritual dimensions.
In Buddhism mind is luminous awareness.
Luminosity or clear light is the nature of the mind according to enlightened
beings.
The word light is within enlightenment for a reason.

Scientists explore this relationship of luminous awareness, light and infinity
in a book titled, The Quantum and the Lotus by Mathieu Ricard.

You can read some of it at amazon.com

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It is oneness that we all need to focus on and realize is the core of what we are as individualized parts of this one consciousness.

Really an amazing feeling, and realization.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

It is oneness that we all need to focus on and realize is the core of what we are as individualized parts of this one consciousness.

Really an amazing feeling, and realization.

Yes, we are of this Universal Conciousness, but stray away from we are "OF" and replace it with we "Are".

This is the Physical aspect though do not let the physical cause you to stray to far into the realness of the being that you are the one that "Be's".

:]

-Psycho.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today.

Surely the physical is the substrate upon which the magic of being takes place.

There needs to be something, for the nothing to be everything.

I also realized, that the most charming and charismatic people, are nothings who do not take themselves too seriously. What makes this charming, is that by being nothing, they are everything, and by not taking themselves too seriously, they invite you to join them in being nothing as well and in the process, experience the everything which nothing contains.

There is mirth there, and compassion. This is why the Buddha is smiling and wasn't concerned about being overweight.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I can see you understand but i must correct only one word in your statement

Nothing = something

People think death is nothing why? well the very word death is why

what is the word you use to describe the very thing you came from be for you was born?

was that death? or was it the miss understanding of the word/term ?

you see death and life ARE one of the same thing.. tho granted do not go find the other side "ie kill yourself" this is not the answer to your question

only the understanding of what LIFE is as an understanding of the bigger picture

The blackness from what you came from you will go back to "you call it death" i do not

why? well is that not were i came from? was it not another question?

you see IT made BOTH life and death

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Very nicely said. Starred. Much preferable to the "let me teach you all about it" - tone displayed by some.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I think there is no such thing as death. Whenever someone says this or that person "is dead" something deep within me rejects this idea as absurd. How can anyone BE dead?

Interestingly Jesus said something about this, when his retractors were talking about dead prophets before him, when he stated that his "I am" of being predated them - they said something like, how can you have been before the prophets who are now dead, to which Jesus replied "you are sadly mistaken to say that they are dead, because for God, all people are alive."

My Christian faith also teaches me that death does not and cannot have the last word, and cannot bracket or contain life, again another absurdity. Life must contain life to sustain life, and therefore life meets life and there is no death, no end to life. However, if life is rejected and sin and evil embraced, then such a destructive entropy could not be included in the continuance, and so I suppose it might be possible to exterminate one's self and be cut off or separated from the eternal center and source of life, and soch a one would experience in consciousness complete annihilation. That said, I think the truly evil are very far and few between. For the rest of us, even our most grevious errors will amount in the final analysis, to a learned lesson in love.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You are correct..

Lets look at it in a logical way shall we

What came be for being alive? can you answer this?

death > life > death

Word are funny things..

lets look at it with words that make more sens

The very thing that created life > being alive > going back to the very thing that created life

The part that matters is the part you do not and will not understand

This is my point... you question the very reason for being here when in fact the gift was the very reason to question in order to understand that you are no the one asking

you see?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Yes, except, since its already apparent all around, maybe we dont need to focus on it that hard.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think there is no such thing as death. Whenever someone says this or that person "is dead" something deep within me rejects this idea as absurd. How can anyone BE dead?

Indeed, when the lightbulb quits shining it does not mean light is dead.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm sure you are familiar with the saying "the whole is greater than the sum of all the parts."

This is the universal God-consciousness, imbued with infinite intelligence, as well as self awareness, since there's been planty of time for the entire universe, as an information processing quantum holographic matrix, to become self aware.

And this, is the real reason why the highest commandment is to love God above all and neighbor as self.

That is not a "religious" statement, but a metaphysical objective reality, and to fully practice that in all ways and in our heart of hearts IS eternal life, through the eternally unfolding present moment of now.

Edit: Although we're still stuck with the stickler of the first cause by a causeless source, which appears to have begun with the end in mind ie: perfect laws of physics to contain self aware beings capable of being aware of such a creator.. something we'll probably never figure out, at least not in this life.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And this, is the real reason why the highest commandment is to love God above all and neighbor as self.

Although non-religious I´d have to agree with that fully and uncondtionally.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Then you fully "grok" the truth at the heart of the Christian faith, and the depth of meaning illuminated in the parable of the Good Samaritan, which might be worth another reading with this in mind, just to see if maybe there's something of value there, an illustration.

Here's a great "treatment" of it www.jesuswalk.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Religions 1% truth, 99% perverisions.

Look for the spiritual meaning not of the physical reality.

And remember infinite singularity in all direction, indefinitley, Absoloutley single.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join