It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

ah the question was not directed at you

sorry

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know this is not the point of the thread, but I have a question about infinity.
I had this uncle who had done research in infinity, and told me about his co-workers. I was not very old when we talked about it, but i still recollect it quiet clearly. He said that some of the scientists had proven the up to the 7th infinity, and most of the people who did great research in this subject would end up insane.
Then he went on to explain to me, how to prove the first 2 infinities. He drew two spots
. .
and asked me how manny dots where in between the two dots.. I said an infinite number.
He agreed, and then asked me what was outside the two dots.

Interresting.. But how do you prove up to 7 infinities? Anyone knows anything about it/researched the subject?

My philosophy to the subject about insanity caused by researching the subject is that there just is a block inplanted in the human brain that does not allow us to understand the concept. That is reserved for the Creator to understand.. Sorry for bringing faith into it, but have always though about it that way

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Alternative Thinker]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh sorry, I just went back and discovered that you are the OP. I thought this symetricalAvenger was, the way he's been operating as the infinity guru who knows all and is here to teach us ignorant folk while communicating in ways that are totally ineffective and a turn off.

My apologies.

But I've noticed that OP's, they often have to comment on every post as if it's addressed to them personally and as if they own the thread they've started, and it's kind of annoying.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative Thinker

e said that some of the scientists had proven the up to the 7th infinity, and most of the people who did great research in this subject would end up insane.

Hi AT perhaps its because they question it, if infinite is endless, then they are expecting an answer, and a answer means its ended, so it cant be infinite any more. Ttherefore their questioning becomes infinte as it is never answered, because thay are part of the answer. ...yes that is insane

I think Skyfloatings relationship with it would avoid such a predicament. Sky doesnt question it, he simply accepts his part in it.

Infinity is not just some mathematical or spiritual concept to me, it is my guide in daily life. It teaches me to be humble. It teaches me that contained within it, is a creative force that has produced and taken care of more than we can imagine. It teaches me that within the vast expanse everything is possible. It teaches me that in order to expand I am to stop focusing on that tiny dot within the circle and become aware of more. It teaches me that anything I can imagine has some form of existence somewhere within Infinity.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It is pretty hard to just accept the infinity. For me infinity is the ultimate subject to question, since (almost) everyone has accepted that we will never understand the truth about it. Therefore my philosophies are based on this subject, in order to find a way to accept the fact that there is infinity.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sorry, I've never heard of 7th Infinity, the two dots or people going insane when pondering it. Also tried googling it but did not find anything. But its an interesting story!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If there is not infinity than there is nothing, for there must be a reaction to every action.

I.E. Nothingness to Everything-ness.

get the drift?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Infinity is a house with many mansions. Though the inhabitants charge a hefty and unneccessary price.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

I suppose they have to, for residence to have value. Of course some of us believe the price was paid on our behalf, which simultaneously assigns a value to us, of infinite measure - which leads me to suspect, that because I believe, I am already in the house, and if I am in, then by extension we are all in it, since I am no better than anyone, and since the love which invited me to enter is of the unconditional variety. So I say welcome to the kingdom of heaven, welcome to the end of time (manning the door).

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

im sorry you feel this way

let me just edit this ...

If you speak who made you speak?

do you not that is the problem?

God or what you wish to call it the "one" or whatever

is asking !

do you want to accept this or challenge it? and the reason i say this is.. well let me show you

a butterfly has wings... what is the butterfly? its mind i mean what is that?

Does your mind have a shape ? you can not see it yet it does what?

reflects, what is it reflecting?

well you should know this by now

your the one asking correct?

so what is it you are in?

A QUESTION

you will never get the answer too

infinity is lack of understanding
enjoy

and please if you bother to read and not insult me with words like guru .. i and you would be a lot happier

but then again

look at your planet LOL

[edit on 26-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

My only point of reference is Infinity. Infinity and my relationship to it immerses everything I am and do in everyday life. This is not some attitude I learned in books or from teachers but one I have cultivated for myself.

Infinity is a vast and endless expanse where up-down, left-right, small-big, me-other, important-unimportant, past-future are hilariously artificial and relative concepts.

When something appears to be a "problem" in my day to day life, I contrast it with Infinity. Put into that perspective my "personal issues" are nothing but a tiny dot of insignificance and I move on with great relief.

Infinity is an outrageous abundance, prosperity and beauty beside which all earthly importances, gains and pains pale.

Infinity is all that was, is and ever will be. It is both everything and nothing. Everything within Infinity always changes. Infinity is the only thing that never changes, it just IS.

Infinity cannot be depicted as linear. A better depiction is a circle...or the Infinity-Symbol shown above...or many expanding concentric circles.

Infinity is not just some mathematical or spiritual concept to me, it is my guide in daily life. It teaches me to be humble. It teaches me that contained within it, is a creative force that has produced and taken care of more than we can imagine. It teaches me that within the vast expanse everything is possible. It teaches me that in order to expand I am to stop focusing on that tiny dot within the circle and become aware of more. It teaches me that anything I can imagine has some form of existence somewhere within Infinity.

It teaches me that every grain of sand contains Infinity and that, for another perspective, an entire Universe has the size of a grain of sand. It teaches me that when I have a problem with one little thing, in that moment in time, I have a problem with everything and if I have love for one little thing, in that moment in time, I have love for everything.

It teaches me that there are Trillions of things I could be doing today, trillions of paths I could be taking today, trillions of things I could be seeing, thinking, hearing. I am an aspect of Infinity. A viewpoint of Infinity. In this way I am connected to all-that-is. And from all-that-is I will choose wisely what to dedicate myself to.

What is your relationship to Infinity?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

Beautiful piece of writing.
And you get a great perspective from your insights.

You say that the only thing that doesn't change is infinity.
And this is true of compounded phenomena-definitely.

However, I agree with Buddha on this that the unlimited capacity
of emptiness does not change.
And that there has to be an awareness that views the infinity
-and this doesn't change.

After all my friend if there is no awareness or aware beings to view
infinity then what would be the point?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

well in order for you to ask would require some one to do it be for you correct?

think about it

if ITs asking what would be ITs answer?

YOU

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I always used to say... "infinity is just zero with a twist." This can be literally seen in the shape itself, the circle, as alluded to by the OP. When in its "flat," 2D form, it manifests as "nothing." When pulled through a higher dimension and given a twist, it manifests as "everything." The ultimate is thus both all and nothing, and the ultimate material of both the all and the nothing is identical. It is through an almost "geometric" transition through the creation of a higher dimension that existence eminates out of non-existence...both of which are identical in substance at all times and places.

This metaphor is pretty good, but like all metaphors it is imperfect and can be applied beyond a breaking point. Metaphors must be weilded deftly, lightly: they are scalpels, not cudgels. Nevertheless, a subtler hint yet remains, and the metaphor can be taken even further. The key is the fact that both the infinity and the zero signs can actually be manifested by being drawn on a flat surface like a piece of paper. The "higher dimension" is thus imaginary, and with the most subtle perception, it is seen that the higher dimension is a trick of the mind. The "lower" dimension is also imaginary, otherwise it would be impossible to put pen to paper. Zero and Infinity thus remain identical not only in material but also, more subtly, even in geometric terms. All is mind, all is illusion.

The zero and the infinity are both semi-flat; neither the "higher" dimension of the infinite nor the "lower" 2D realm of the zero are fully real dimesions, but seem different through but a self-imposed trick of the all/nothing as it plays hide-and-seek with itself through all eternity. The dimensions being unpacked via an illusion, cannot be properly said either to truly exist or to not exist. This makes for a kind of "fractional dimension" or "fractal," which is another excellent metaphor for the subtle structure of reality: the pattern which contains iteself, infinitely recapitualting the same imperfectly-manifested, sensed-but-not-explicated overall universal architecture on all levels, from the infinitely large to the infinitely small.

Gno(sis) what I mean?

[edit on 5/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

its in mathematics as a question only

its not in fact anything you can answer

its real yes "infinity" but the meaning of it is miss understud

what is it to be infinity ? well you should know your entire life is infinity

people tend to think its about be for and anfter when the very world was only made because of ?

YOU

hehe

work it out

and you ponder one it is why you see pattens in nature?

You "me and you" are only an answer to some other question

your mind is both.. self repicates and provides anwers

this is infinity
the function of the thing you are

mirror in the mirror , but not your body "just how your mind works"

logical

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
According to many NDE (near death experiences), this phenomenal world is just a reflection of a higher realm, often described in very heavenly terms, as a city, and as mountains and streams, but of a beauty by far exceeding our natural world, which is embued with a fantastic light, and angelic beings, who, when we arrive there, encourage us in a non judgemental way, to review our entire life, viewed in fine detail at high speed, by the standard of love, and it's the same common experience regardless of culture or belief system. Some OBE'ers have ventured to the same "land", and many of the mystic traditions also speak of it. So it would appear that the generation of life, and re-birth, serves a higher purpose, and that there is really no death as in an end to life. And not just the atoms in our bodies, but our very being, and awareness, our soul if you will, lives on in one form or another, and life meets life eternal, with love. God is great!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Another great thing about infinity is that its always the same distance away from wherever you happen to be...every point a sphere with an infinite radius is the center...right now, where you happen to be standing, is the Central Command Throne... no need to twitch a muscle, you already have command.

A man once climbed a mountain in a quest to reach the sky. It was hard work and he had all sorts of crazy adventures on the way up, but in the end what he realized was that sitting on his old porch rocking chair back home, he was as much surrounded by the atmosphere as he was on the peak of the highest mountain

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I was thinking that today, how there's no relative positioning, of here, there, north, south west east, up down - everywhere is the center of everywhere, and thus, wherever we are is the center of the universe. This is I think, an important concept to grasp, since people seem to think that the new cosmology makes us small and insignificant, which is absurd in light of the fact that we're intrinsically a part of, something so extraordinarily vast. The bigger the universe, the more, not less, important we become. And if that's not enough, modern science has all but proven that we live in a non-local instantaneously interconnected holographic universe, which only magnifies the concept of being at the center of everything, and containing, like a piece of a hologram, an image of the whole thing. In my inner ear resides an image of the Andromeda Galaxy, and through my veins flows the Milky Way.

And this viewpoint has something very important to do with my Christian faith, namely the fundamental nature of the true value of the human being, in the grand scheme of things.

By golly, I do think we're starting to "get it", to "grok" most fully, the most important things..

[edit on 27-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

would it scare you

if i knew the answer to the question?

were did you come from be for you was alive?

you see be for you was here YOU was here not as you no now but you was answering another question

death and life are one of the same thing they BOTH keep it going

or how would you get life if you was not dead?

the logic and understanding of the very question you are asking will be what this planet faces

and you are no the one asking

that is your ego talking the I is redundant.. there is no I were i come from Only IT

my job is not the same as yours but we are the same i just understand the question being asked.

or i would not be here answering yours ; )

[edit on 27-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

infinity IS the understanding OF the question being asked of YOU

you must be both answer and question

symmetry

like the wings of a butterfly ; )

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

well please feel free to check out my thread on the very thing you speak of

what way is up?

you will understand the very confusion of man and the question he asks

and more to the point when it must be answered

and it will be

Think and humility are very adapt and will guide this planet in the right direction to the answer you ALL seek

stop asking
be great full you have the ability to even do so

for you was not the one who asked correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join