It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Eyesa2diffcolors

and in due time this planet will indeed face the question "not like the bible" but somewhat close to it

I found this intersting. Please share, I love to here what others feel is in store for the human race. 2012? This is a genuine question of interest.

Thanks!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyesa2diffcolors

your time to answer the question is close

lets put it at that

please remember you did not put you here or trees or cats or dogs

IT did

and only IT will make that choice for YOU and what you call "life" ; )

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with Topic Creator: Infinity is important for all of us to feel, but that's not to say nothing we do here matters. We are part of Infinity in that, to infinitely small particles, we are huge and we matter immensely. We matter to ourselves, to others, and others matter to us. We're all one, we're all part of Infinity.

Sure some things don't matter in the scope of a vast universe, but that doesn't mean we should throw all cares away and not worry about if we've done harm to somebody or something

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosen

it all matters

its never been about you tho

its about life itself

and what function it plays

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Geez! It appears that several of the previous posters seem so certain about their notions regarding infinity, existence, the universe, blah blah blah...

If there is such a thing as infinity, the size of the egos behind some of these posts are likely to be a very big part of it.

Me? I have no idea. I'm not even sure there is such a thing.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
“If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite”. William Blake

makes sense to me.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Thanks, but I do get it, and am not in need of your teaching.

Acceptance, relative to the ever expanding realm of the unknown, is key.

Some have their own conceptions already developed, but the universe, and by extension infinity, usually has something else in mind which comes not by expectation.

As Confuscious says, he who thinks he knows, knows not, but he who knows that he knows not, knows.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Rosen

it all matters

its never been about you tho

its about life itself

and what function it plays

Let me bring clarity to the appeal that I have imposed.

The infinite is everything it is not something with everything in it.

Everything IS it; you, me, that, this, here, there, is nothing seperate its all the infinite.

The infinite did not create nor does it, simply it is there, it is the act of being.

"IT" created the single infinite entity that is in being.

Sorry for the religious unorthodox variable that I lay into those words, especially if yours is contrary to the statement.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by synchro

That's funny!

But there does have to be such a thing as infinity, for there to be anything at all, on that I am in agreement with the big egoed OP and the others myself included!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

yeah and confusion was here asking correct?

; )

befor your lips move understandt they are not your words

just the way the very thing i type are not mine

confusion say i said

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

its ok

you see.. in order for you to even think would require what?

; ) why do you question

reflection of the mind can be a funny thing more so when you dont understand it

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Effective communication is I think, the only thing that matters. What else is there? If it's meaningful, then it only has value if communicated, and the meaning of communication is the response you get. Sometimes however, it's hard to know just how to respond..

Perhaps the old addage of "seek first to understand, and then to be understood" may apply here, but these OP's always get carried away as the thread "owner".. and imho, it kind of ruins the free flowing exchange.

Confusion, yes. But it's not coming from me.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Perhaps the old addage of "seek first to understand, and then to be understood" may apply here, but these OP's always get carried away as the thread "owner".. and imho, it kind of ruins the free flowing exchange.

Interesting thought. It would certainly be interesting to see what happens to OP-less threads or anonymous OPs.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Its thought's like these that put your life into perspective, that and the realisation that NOTHING in the universe is ever wasted, your body , even something as 'un-noticable' as your breath , is recycled , every atom of your being will live on after you have died.
Your breath will go on and help fill the lungs of every living creature and plant on this world at some point in the future, we breath the air that filled Einsteins lungs, Van Gogh's lungs , even Hitlers and Ghengis Khans lungs.

At the end of this worlds life when you not even a memory , the dust that remains of you will exist.

The subatomic particals that bind your atoms together will be recycled into more .
The universe wastes nothing material. The only thing that may go into the nothingness ( as this can't be proved yet) is your soul/intellect. That question is answered at the end of your life.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Great post.

It reminded me of a Zen poem that says, "After the wind stops I see a flower falling. Because of the singing bird I found the mountain calmness."

Before something happens in the realm of calmness, we do not feel the calmness; only when something happens within it do we find calmness.

Happiness is sorrow and sorrow is happiness. There is happiness in difficulty; difficulty in happiness. Even though the ways we feel are different, they are not really different, in essence they are the same. That I think is being part of infinity...

A S & F for you!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

yes i can understand what you are saying

Confusion, yes. But it's not coming from me.

But in order for IT to come would require you to be here

the point is and this is not confusion

you never asked to be here you was PUT here

emotions are funny things and so is the lack of understanding of the role you play

infinity as was pointed out in many ways is just the understanding of the question being asked "and its not by you" but in order for the answers

one would require to ask

cant have one with out the other or how would it infact work?

you are not asking tho you may indeed think so you are not

IT

i know you find it hard to understand and indeed think my words have no meaning to them

i understand more than you know and more than you are

[edit on 26-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Prokopio

Contrast is a fascinating subject that should have been taught in school...not only on a theoretical level but a practical one. Something only being "small" or "big" in relation to something else for example, as a number of implications for daily life.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

the part you miss is the question that is being asked

regardless

do you not ask? would not that seem hypercritical ?

I think so

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

always asking why why why

what is it you want to know? what you are? why your are here??

not your job

Sorry but I dont have a clue what you`re talking about. I did not ask any questions in the OP.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
WOW,
After the day I have had and the issues I made so much bigger than myself this really has just brought me back to a place where it all just does not matter because I choose for it not to. Thank you so much for this. It really has made this day an experience to learn from and move on.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join