It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
S&F!
Great thread!

The Universe we live in right now, the earth we live on
Doesn't it seem perfected?
I mean look at the luxuries we have lol, we have everything we could ever want in this lifetime, its so god dam perfect, we have internet for godsake

it almost seems like- the experiment of the Universe has been perfected a number of times to eventually end up with the perfect solution -> earth
ITS all so PERFECT... i see so many miracles in life everyday, its the perfect FORMULA,
The creator knew exactly how big the bang needed to be... in order to birth civilization in the most perfect atmosphere, hence earth

Its almost like a plan, like it was all meant to happen, from the very beginning
from the big bang, every thing went so smoothly for our lucky asses

Maybe, just maybe their is a creator behind it all

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Oh my God , Skyfloating. You have somehow taken my daily perspective on things and put it into a beautifully expressed passage.
It's so wonderful to hear other people expressing the same point of view.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aa3a73df2be.jpg[/atsimg]

Infinity is a vast and endless expanse where up-down, left-right, small-big, me-other, important-unimportant, past-future are hilariously artificial and relative concepts.

When something appears to be a "problem" in my day to day life, I contrast it with Infinity. Put into that perspective my "personal issues" are nothing but a tiny dot of insignificance and I move on with great relief.

This is exactly how I handle problems that come my way - I immediately put everything into perspective and it enables me to see how trivial and fleeting those issues are.

Infinity is not just some mathematical or spiritual concept to me, it is my guide in daily life. It teaches me to be humble. It teaches me that contained within it, is a creative force that has produced and taken care of more than we can imagine. It teaches me that within the vast expanse everything is possible. It teaches me that in order to expand I am to stop focusing on that tiny dot within the circle and become aware of more. It teaches me that anything I can imagine has some form of existence somewhere within Infinity.

This matches my perspective entirely. I have tried to express this many times, particularly on this site, but you have put it so perfectly.

It teaches me that every grain of sand contains Infinity and that, for another perspective, an entire Universe has the size of a grain of sand. It teaches me that when I have a problem with one little thing, in that moment in time, I have a problem with everything and if I have love for one little thing, in that moment in time, I have love for everything.

Everything is connected, interwoven - whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.

It teaches me that there are Trillions of things I could be doing today, trillions of paths I could be taking today, trillions of things I could be seeing, thinking, hearing. I am an aspect of Infinity. A viewpoint of Infinity. In this way I am connected to all-that-is. And from all-that-is I will choose wisely what to dedicate myself to.

How enlightening. Your post was so uplifting! All of this reminds me of a quote I found recently:

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Can you please provide me some proof of this 'infinity' that you speak of?

I refer to "everything that exists" as Infinity. Look out the window to see a part of it.

Please don't fill up my ATS with more newage proto-scientology dribble that merely serves to fill the gap of the human spirit that the failure of society has left open.

Scientology? No thanks.

dribble

You mean drivel?

The world is better off without religion; this is not spirituality, this is religion.

I certainly dont hope that posting some thoughts I have turns into a religion.

The question of "what is your relationship to infinity" does not leave room for questioning of the motive behind this thread.

Sure it does...bring it on. Im curious.

simply another veiled attempt by people with an agenda, to push theism onto an unsuspecting populace. By taking the avatar out of the picture, and simply referring to their deity as 'infinity', these newagers are giving antithiests the chance to be a part of their 'movement'.

The good thing about using the word "Infinity" is that it cannot be connected to any one religion, any one movement, any one deity. It must include all.

The spirit of all-inclusiveness and the fun of the concept is what prompted this thread.

It is a load of crap and must stop, now, before we enter the REAL new age, and these mindless sheep take over the planet as christianity did before them.

I think all this religion and cultism of the past few thousand years has spoiled our relationship to the metaphysical and mystical. I hope the antagonism is overcome within the next few thousand years.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
Like Time and Space and Consciousness and all those BIG concepts, I find it difficult to wrap my brain around the idea of Infinity. I know it's there, and every second I am in it and part of it. But really, it's much easier to make a sandwich and read a good book, you know?

To me the sandwich and the book make more sense than trying to wrap ones brain around something that is Infinite...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.

Wow. I've never heard, saw or noticed that bible-quote up to now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
......What is your relationship to Infinity?

like to older brother I never had.

I probably became aware of it too early in this life, nevertheless, irrelevant.

Needed a new desktop pic.

thanks Sky.

S&F

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by die_another_day

The Questions "How" and "From Where" arise on a linear level of cause-and-effect. They dont arise in an infinite context.

Why should you not exist in this Infinity?

HI SF

Interesting.

You are saying we are living in infiinty. I agree, but i'd like to add.
Our role is to live in it as you say but also its our job to propgate infinity.

They say: In the beginning there was light. But no instead there was a question, and we/life and death are the answer. And we (all life and death) propogate the questions eternally by being its answers. Inifinte.

Chaos is the question and we life/death are the answer (not limited to humans).

So is this a question we can answer ?: What is infinity? NO.
Computers we created to give answers, they dont ask back
we are the same we are an answer to a infinte question that we dont know, never will, but just need to know that we are answering the infinte question. Answers cant give answers, only questions can. so just accept we are answering a infinte question by living in it.

A wise man once told me along these lines: Humans say chaos means randomness but randomness is not random, its a word people use to describe infinity, and infinity has properties, the property is the ongoing questions from the source of the infinte questions (questioning what it is) You need chaos/questions to give an answer. And all life and death are answers that propogate infinatly.

We are inside a infinte question, and if we are inside a infinite question, then that means we (not just humans, all life and death cycle) are a answer yes? Answers cant know a infinite question, but we can understand that this infinity exists and we live in it as answers.

So to all my fellow human answers, stop asking the question
Its not our job, leave it to the infinte question to ask
just be humble it gave us life to answer it

[edit on 25-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Or to put the same essential attitude in other words:

The eye cannot see itself except in reflections. The eye asking of its whereabouts is useless because what it is looking for it already is.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Perfectly interpreted SF
starred

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nrky

nrky, I do not believe OP meant any sort of New-Age mumbo-jumbo with his/her references to "Infinity," but meant infinity in its literal sense. The seeming unending vastness of time and space. In the grand scheme of things, our daily problems are truly petty by comparison. They don't matter with regard to the eons of time that have passed and have yet to pass, the the infinite (so far as we know) cosmos beyond our tiny Humble Blue.

An infinite universe in regards to both time and space is merely one perspective of two: it either is infinite, or it is not. The cool thing is that even if it's not, the sheer scope of both spatial and temporal dimensions are large enough that, from your normal human's perspective, they may as well be infinite.

As ever, I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong about any and all I've said. Teach me.

(edited to include post being referred to)

[edit on 25-5-2009 by RadicalIgnoramus]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalIgnoramus

Thanks for pointing that out. I do mean the OP quite literally and unattached to any sort of teaching, religion, cult, theism, atheism, label, philosophy, buddhism, hinduism, new-age, science.

I've noticed that people have the tendency to try to associate it with any such labels, but the beauty of Infinity is so much more than what we say about it.

In fact...the attempts of various posters to associate Infinity with various concepts and philosophies in this thread is fascinating.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
For those asking for prof or an explanation of why or how infinity exists. You need look no further than physics. We live in a holographic universe. The study of a hologram will bring you closer to a 3rd dimensional understanding.

Here is a simple example for those interested!

www.youtube.com...

Great thread!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
actually "infinity" is not infinite

it is 1

we may infinitely divide it,

but it is

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Why 1 and not 0...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

To imply it is 1 or 0 is giving it specific attributes, dimensions, traits, etc. It is not this or that anymore than infinity encompasses only our planet and not the next. We could call it "all numbers" but then we are left with the problem that those words, too, consist of a limited set of letters. We also do not take into consideration such constructs as variables (numbers that are not static, but change, according to their use), imaginary numbers (mental constructs to comprehend certain more complex mathematical representations of of this or that aspect of infinity), and so forth. I could go on... well... forever.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Infinity makes me lazy and nihilistic, but with a smile and an upbeat mood
. Not being in a rush to do what everyone else is doing while looking at their watch and checking their agenda. Not sure if it is the best thing i could do but as long as i don't see a reason to be running around for [whatever] i will not.

I just like the days as they present themselves, not reall being the controlling type infinity can do whatever it wants, i'll play along.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

0 is what is left when you have stopped dividing 1 and keeps it 1.
(-> by definition 0 purely doesn't exist; this physcal world -that we are "dreaming"- being the proof of it; isn't it the sign of absence/non-existenz ?)

if you try to divide 1 (all) by an approximation of 0 (that tiny subdivision that we each -and all- are of the whole) ...

what do you get ?

-> inf

well it is obviously a capital perspective on infinity as we -our minds- perceive it : it is not 1+1+1+1 etc... but this other way round: just a 1 that we -our minds- cut infinitely in slices because we don't know who we are and how to relate to the whole

[edit on 25-5-2009 by ::.mika.::]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
when one is faced with infinity
for eternity
the only thing left to do
is experience everything
forever

welcome to one of those experiences

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

and shall i tell you what and why?

Be for you was here was what?

what will come after you?

its not you asking a question now is it?

the universe that you are inside is only a question someone els is asking and in order for you to be that answer requires you to have the same gift

you keep the question going by being ITS anwser

infinity is only the miss understanding of what it is your here to do

enjoy

think of it as a gift from me to you

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

do not need to say more other than to continue typing in order
for this not to become a one liner post

there we go

; )

OK ok ok ok ...