It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente tells it like it is, yet again.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Like him or hate him, if any of what Celente says is correct, we are in a bad fix. I for one believe him. Not just blindly accepting what he says, but following the logic sequence of his opinions.
It doesn't take more than a fifth grade education to understand, when you overspend a budget on purpose, over and over, sooner or later, it's time to pay it back. We have no way to pay all this back. I see a default coming, in one manner or another.
celente is just saying very obvious logical things, seems like the truth to me...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Don't know about the worship part myself and as far as his talk about our generation well, I think it's mainly because this generation actually does spend more on clothes/accessories more than they did back then so it's kind of the "wasteful" spending he usually talks about.

Never the less he has always been right so it does pay good to listen to him, although you're suppose to take everything with a grain of salt no matter who what when or where the information comes from.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by anarcissus]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Those of you who have followed Celente might remember an interview he gave a few months ago when he was talking about the future for retirees (baby boomers). I wish I could remember exactly when it was; I don't have a link for it but it was a very interesting conversation. His speculation is that basically the government/medical industry/powers that be are going to keep all the old people whacked out of their gourds on increasingly powerful pharmaceuticals because their physical lives are going to be so miserable. The strategy will be to keep them zonked out and befuddled.

The image he painted was chilling. I could easily see this happening. Imagine all these boomers who are just now starting to retire and have basically saved nothing (or seen their life savings evaporate with the imploding economy). Then you have the ugly fact that social secutity and medicare are going to evaporate much sooner and much more brutally than anyone wants to admit. The only viable solution is keep everyone medicated somehow so they don't feel the phsyical and psychological pain and horror of their collapsing bodies, bank accounts, and lifestyles.

In my own imagination I see, say, highschool gymnasiums that have been hastily-converted into makeshift old-folks homes. The elders will be piled up on stacks of mis-matched bunkbeds, drooling either in pharma-induced bliss or at least dulled agony.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
very creepy stuff here . do you know if there are books on this man or just video. i kinda want to hide under my bed with a bag on my head

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I think most of us agree Gerald Celente is a veritable god among men, no?

I could listen all day to the gentle, nasal Bronx cadence of this lugubrious prophet of gloom as he shoots unerringly from the hip and takes 'em down, time after time.

Yeah, he's only telling us stuff we all have known for a long time anyway, but even so...always a gift to the ears and the mind.

Well - I liked to listen to Celente - but his comments regarding the fall of the US auto makers is incorrect and fallacious - also he holds up the merger with Fiat as a good thing - which it certainly is not, well not for the US anyway.

Sorry - but he just lost all credibility with me - I don't trust his agenda anymore.

The closure of GM and Chrysler is a total tragedy for the US - if you had been able to keep them going then there would have been some hope for recovery - now there's none.

The dealerships have just been given away as gifts, taken from their rightful owners - total and outright theft.

The problem with Gerald Celeste is that what he says is right, but I have noticed more and more often that what he says ABOUT it is wrong. His commentary should be considered carefully - I certainly don't trust him as impartial anymore.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have never really followed this man.

I will watch when I get home from work.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
very creepy stuff here . do you know if there are books on this man or just video. i kinda want to hide under my bed with a bag on my head

He's basically known for his company, Trends Research Institute, which has proven to be pretty much the most accurate long-term forecaster out there. He started it in the early 80s and has predicted everything from the fall of the Soviet Union and the '87 stock market crash to the dotcom shakeout and our current woes. He's never been wrong with a major prediction.

One thing that makes him stand out from others who have made accurate predictions is that he's good a good record predicting WHEN things would happen. It was easy to say back in '02 or '03 that things were unsustatinable and would lead to crisis (heck, I knew it myself back then), but much harder to know exactly WHEN that would happen. Celente called this crisis to the year.

His next major predictions are pretty dire...basically a long, ugly downwards grind reminisicent of the depression. Interestingly, he's predicting the end of the 2-party system as early as '12 and the emergence of a major new political party in that year.

He puts out quarterly reports but you've got to shell out the $$$ for them. There are plenty of vids and audio clips for free out there, and he writes essays and articles in various places occasionally that can be found via google.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I agree whole-heartedly with you Jeff Rense statement. I think the dude's pretty bigoted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join