It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente tells it like it is, yet again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think most of us agree Gerald Celente is a veritable god among men, no?

I could listen all day to the gentle, nasal Bronx cadence of this lugubrious prophet of gloom as he shoots unerringly from the hip and takes 'em down, time after time.

Yeah, he's only telling us stuff we all have known for a long time anyway, but even so...always a gift to the ears and the mind.

Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado: the latest from Gerald Celente, in four parts.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm listening to it right now! I dont even have to finish to tell you that this man knows.

He knows how bad things are and are going to be. I only hope that when the bad comes that we will be able to survive the Tsunami that will come after it.

They make a great point about the fall of Rome. People look up to slobs and whores. It's like a blood lust for these things, like the Roman Games.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
They make a great point about the fall of Rome. People look up to slobs and whores. It's like a blood lust for these things, like the Roman Games.

Bread and Circuses is what our society has been turned into, I believe by design. Professional Sports, American Idol (wonder why the christians don't have a problems with that title) and pap like it, Competing Religions, the Two-Party Political Farce, are all there to distract us, divide us, and keep us hating each other and in conflict with each other over things that don't matter at all.

The MSM caters to the lowest common denominator of human savagery. The worst of human nature is appauded and held up as admirable, while positive values and messages are labed as quaint and old fashoned. The message and belief that "greed" is good has twisted everything else. While capitalism is a good economic system, those at the top of it have turned it into our social system, and that is what has ruined our country and society.

I believe Gerald Celente. I think its going to get really, really bad, and most people in America are not prepared to handle it. Many people have been programmed into mindless consumers, and most are trained for little else.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Celente is the man! thank you for getting this to all of us.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ugh I almost wanted to stop listening after that letter about the car dealership, utterly disgusting the theft that is taking place, where is karma when you need it?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i love this guy celente, he tells it like it is for sure...

www.trendsresearch.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting these videos.

These guys like Celente and Schiff make perfect sense to me. I hope I'm wrong, and they are wrong and everything turns around, but right now I, as many of you are, making plans and working a little every day for a SHTF situation. I'm even planning how to get water out of my well if the electricity goes down. Who knows?

I've stopped trying to talk to the people at work about this. I get "the look."

Since we no longer manufacture goods like we did in the early part of the last century, we won't have that to help bring us out of a depression. A false flag recovery that Celente talked about looks like the only hope. False flag = false hope = false recovery.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Though this may be something we're "all aware of", it's always nice to hear it all so concisely put by someone who really knows what they're talking about. Had never actually heard Mr. Celente before, but I'll make a point of tracking down some more of his talks.

But something that was a bit off putting to me. Being one of the young people that was mentioned in that program(I'm 22), I was really annoyed at the blanket statement made about younger people their trend to follow the crowd because they dont dress in suits and ties and are into body modification. Look, I am well aware of my generation's ignorance and sheep like metality, but I find it ridiculous that anyone who doesnt conform to some 50's fashion aesthetic must be an ignorant sheep who'll never succeed at life.

Sorry, but I'm getting a little tired of everyone close to my age group being pigeonholed into these stereotypes.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Celente is the man.. no doubt..

.but why do he and Rense go on about the way people dress? that was irrelevant, and weakens the impact of the conversation in my opinion..

..sure, I can overlook it and focus on the dire facts, but some people will be turned off by it..

.. stick to what's important ALL the time, and more people will listen..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
his stuff is alway interesting to listen to. I think the cloths thing was to demonstrate the mentality of the common Americans focus. i believe it is a major symptom of the problem

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RoboKy

I can tell you why they went off on that little tangent.

They are from an older generation, where values were instilled in them from a young age. Look good, dress good and you will succeed.

That is no longer the case these days. I know a young business man who dresses impeccably for work, 1000$ dollar suits that are always dry cleaned and looking new. What you wouldnt know is that he has nipple rings and nearly every inch of his body under that suit is covered in tattoos.
The only reason I know this is because I once ran into him at my favorite tattoo parlor in a wife beater. I commented on his lovely artwork and mentioned I would keep it to myself. He was relieved.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Gerald commented about relations with China and today we discover that our Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi is currently in China for "climate talks" until May 31st.

Makes me wonder what else she's there to discuss. Senator John Kerry (chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee) is there as well.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by volitionawareness

I have to agree. The part where they spoke about american idol and the way these people dress, they were so right on with the power cording and the crappy karaoke.
The part about how others dress disgusted me.
Celente is the man. The bitter old man.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Zealott]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I sure hope you are kidding, there are no men, or women who are "veritable god or God or Goddess, or Goddesses. Men, and woman, are that, men and women no matter their achievements in life.

Once a man, or a woman is viewed as a "Messiah, or God, or Goddess" in any way, it instills a worship mentallity among followers that such a person can never be wrong. This is what has been happening with Obama.

Gerald Celente has been right on many occassions, but as a man he can also be wrong, and i am sure he has been in the past, because he is a man.

Anyway, will listen to this, but to tell you the truth i don't like, nor trust Jeff Rense in the least.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's not true,!!!! Don't listen to himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dont dont dont DO NOT listen to a word he says,.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by miraclerock
Ugh I almost wanted to stop listening after that letter about the car dealership, utterly disgusting the theft that is taking place, where is karma when you need it?

Ditto! Karma will get them all.....
I Hope!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here is an even newer interview screened on CNBC:

www.disclose.tv...

Gerald: War is happening next!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thanks for voicing my opinion

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Perhaps most can, but I can't. Gerald's predictions that things are getting bad and will get worse are more or less accurate, but there's a lot that can happen in the timescale he's predicting in. He could be right, but an alternate path could be trodden. I was far more confident making socioeconomic predictions a year ago than I am now. There's a lot of knowledge out there, amongst the people, of what is going on, and, at least to me, the dynamic is not yet clear.

Plus, the NWO has people on both sides, both pushing us down, ie, actively destroying the economy, and pulling us down, ie, talking into recession behaviour. Gerald Celente could be the latter. He's very negative, not to mention somewhat agressive against the current youth culture. So no, hardly a god. An intelligent man, with good points, that perhaps, just perhaps, has it right. But when push comes to shove, what solutions does he offer, beyond the vague "the best will survive" quality spiel?

We all know things are going to crap. We need a new generation of commentators with actual solutions. Say, for example, a barter economy, putting money in local banks, state succession, trials of war criminals and croneys, psychological profiling of political candidates because of ponerology, and so on and so forth.

Celente just shows us the problem. We get it. Now on to solutions please.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I sure hope you are kidding, there are no men, or women who are "veritable god or God or Goddess, or Goddesses. Men, and woman, are that, men and women no matter their achievements in life.

Once a man, or a woman is viewed as a "Messiah, or God, or Goddess" in any way, it instills a worship mentallity among followers that such a person can never be wrong. This is what has been happening with Obama.

Gerald Celente has been right on many occassions, but as a man he can also be wrong, and i am sure he has been in the past, because he is a man.

Anyway, will listen to this, but to tell you the truth i don't like, nor trust Jeff Rense in the least.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Yes, I'm using hyperbole. No, I do not worship any man on earth blindly.

I knew there would be at least one humorless post in the bunch to make this kind of point...I suppose in some ways its a point that bears making, so I don't necessarily object to the presence of your post per se.

I will say this, however... no offense to you personally, kind sir, but taking people overly literally and being "churlish" about words is something I'm not really down with. It happens on the left with "political correctness," and it happens on the right when people get uptight about religious words, symbols like the flag, words like "freedom," or "patriotism," etc. Of course its important to use words carefully, but in the end I think words are more of an art than a science. The important thing to me is to look at the intentions, energy, and attitude (what I call "thrust" ) behind any given statement rather than overly-anlazing and picking words apart. Sometimes you gotta swing with your intuition and trust it. Intuition is a very useful tool...its why we have it.

As for your dislike of Jeff Rense, well, I am well aware many people on ATS have "issues" with Resne. In fact, I usually hesitate to post Rense stuff on this board because of that fact. Personally, I like the guy because he's a great "information clearinghouse" for stuff that the mainstream media likes to shunt off to the side, or topics that get people uncomfortable. He's a true voice of freedom that way, and casts a wide net. No, I don't agree with everything on his site or his show, but I'm very glad he's there and by sifting though his stuff I've come across many, many diamonds in the rough. Just a thought: perhaps slamming the mental gates down the minute you see the word "Rense" on something (not that I'm accusing you of doing this, necessarily, but many do) because he prints some stuff you don't like or agree with could be just as rigid in some ways as blindly worshiping someone like Obama or any other man or woman?

[edit on 5/24/09 by silent thunder]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join