It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff: Sell US Stocks, Bonds, Dollar NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yup, that's Peter Schiff of Euro Pacific Capital. This isnt new either. Many foreign investors are shouting this all over the place.

Here's what Schiff had to say on CNBC:

“When [the U.S.] decouples, the world will thrive,” Schiff told CNBC. “The world doesn’t need our consumption, we need their production. The global economy is fine without propping up the U.S. economy. We are in serious, serious trouble.”

Schiff said it’s not only a possibility, but “it’s inevitable” that Brazil and China are eventually going to dump the dollar as the international currency of choice. (Watch interview for more of Schiff's reasons why the U.S. dollar is in trouble.)

“As far as I’m concerned, the U.S. has already lost its AAA rated status,” said Schiff.

Coupled with that American investors are shouting the opposite, trying to save their precious USD.

A few seconds after I finished reading Schiff's Mention on CNBC.com, this happens to pop up on the side bar...

“Overall, we like the U.S. market,” Hatheway told CNBC. “Buy the U.S. market and [stocks] tilting toward things that are semi-cyclical.”

Nope, sorry! As the American Dollar falls so shall it's stocks.

Where am I getting this news from you ask?
Well it's very simple. As the USD falls the price of everything in the United States is going to go up. Yup, our old friend inflation. Not only that it will become painfully obvious as people start to lose even more jobs.
Higher $ + Losing Jobs = Depression.

But don't listen to me, the market has a mind of its own these days. Usually surging on bad news and dropping on good news. Bizzaro World.

I'd also like to add that this sudden drop in the USD might just have to do with our old friends: The Bilderbergs, check out this thread for more information.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
He is not yelling in the video linked.... But at the same time, he truly believes he is warning us about what is coming.

I have no idea anymore, people have been saying this stuff for a year now.... I expected the US to have been crashed by April 1st.
Our government just keeps pumping more and more debt(non-existent??) into it...

A free market allows its losers to fall... It is natural selection. What is going on right now, is a very unstable lab experiment, as far as I am concerned. The petri dish is getting more unstable by the moment, it feels.

Please, god.... Please, someone... Just let a collapse happen so we can go on with life. I am sick of quality of life getting worse and worse.

Honestly, I cannot even fit anymore homeless college friends into my tiny apartment, and more still are losing their homes.

To our INCOMPETENT GOVERNMENT: DON'T do ANYTHING. Let it fall, and we will pick up the pieces.... if without you... Then GOOD!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
the stock market isn't a good sign as to the health of our economy, which, I think it's proving quite effectively lately. the government announces that it's dropping a few more billion onto the financial sector....bad news for all us taxpayers....and hey, the stock market starts to bounce....
all it is is a bunch of greedy rich men chasing our kid's future.

I'm sick of watching it, I'd like to fire the whole crew in washington, ban both parties from ever participating in our government again, obliterate the fed, let the states print their own m oney again, and well.....heck with the danged trade agreements, let's start manufacturing our own goods again. let's take care of our country again, and let the rest of the world take care of themselves.
but, no.....we can't do that, and by the time they are done, we ain't gonna be able to take care of ourselves, or them......we are gonna be the world's biggest charity case!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

You have to remember that things in this world need to be practical. So it will take time, and even though they are intelligent running the system, they do not know how the dominos will fall really.

Most economic plans are based on whats been before, and thats what they usually do.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Glad to hear the word is getting out :shk:

It's all pretty much true...the world would get along a lot better with out having to "coddle" us, what with our manufacturing base gone and propping up failed zombie banks...

Yes the .gov is picking their winners...big business, for "their" profit, whilst we taxpayers will wallow in poverty and be the last to get what's due us

This was handled all wrong...WE know the "Trickle Down" effect hasn't worked in years, most likely on purpose...Bushy jr tried it and failed also, if that's what you want to call lining the riches pockets...big business just just take their money and invest in more big business...M&A it's called on Wall St...

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Frankly for many of us retired types its way past to late... My 401 k has all but vanished, I've been warned my retirement benny's from my old company might be ending soon. I still have my VA but that really isn't a lot... now I'm I'm searching the Auctions sites for a small out of the way farm... I think were to far in for things to get better... Oh sure the government doesn't want a panic and they will try to turn things around but... there's no money, people just aren't buying good and services. doesn't matter if you raise prices on things we cant afford the system is already in a state of collapse, they try to shore it up but it keeps right on falling...

Much as I hate to admit it I fear I'm witnessing the end of the country I love... I cant say what will replace it, I only pray what comes after will care more about its citizens welfare rather than its big businesses profit margins

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How can anyone say with a straight face that what we are going through right now is just "cyclical", and will pass? The only way the US is going to survive total meltdown is to first admit that we are on the road to total meltdown. Problems don't get fixed by ignoring them and hoping for the best.

If it was cyclical, then why didn't any of them see it coming? I sometimes wonder whether the media likes to paint a bright outlook for the economy because they really believe it, or because their bosses are telling them to. It's very dangerous in my opinion too, because many people don't dig any deeper, and take the media at their word. They'll be the ones hardest hit when TSHTF again.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That wasnt chicken,,,laughed my ass off....thats like a menu I saw in China Town in LA

!. CHICKEN FRIED RICE
2. REAL CHICKEN FRIED RICE

for real.

Anyhow I feel for your situ. but your plan is good. Go get some land for a garden and shelter. Shelter rice en Beans....

I planted my potaos and onions yesterday.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldat401

You can take a pile of poo and paint it with gold but it's still a pile of poo.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
To our INCOMPETENT GOVERNMENT: DON'T do ANYTHING. Let it fall, and we will pick up the pieces.... if without you... Then GOOD!!

That would probably be the best thing to happen. If it is going to fall, it will, regardless of what politicians are trying to do to the contrary. The only effect their futile attempts is to extend the pain over a long time, causing an even worse problem in the end.

And I fear that the British Pound will face a similar fate, although not necessarily as severe, as our incompetent Government is doing pretty much the same thing as in the US to try to "improve" things.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

Seems governments all over the world are taking a page our of our bizzaro economic book.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by moniker

Seems governments all over the world are taking a page our of our bizzaro economic book.

currency's are in a competitive race to the bottom.......

i believe there already was a "hyper as in rapid ...inflation"

the money supply consists of a trillion or so tangible dollars/debt
and many many many trillions of electronic credit/debt......the latter was hyperinflated over the past 10 years......and debt has been collapsing (but propped up by fed) because the underlying asset's are falling in price rapidly..........

new topics

top topics

join