It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can I do to help a society that cant help itself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

This is a response to your first post to m e.

The thing is I dont want to just help my self. I dont wan tto stand aside and watch the world tear itself apart with immoral behaviour war and stupidity. I want t help the people that dont realize they are being manipulated. this ties in with my fear of becoming like them, of being manipulated as they are manipulated.

Because If I cant help them now then in the future who will help me? assuming I will need help, hopefully I wont. At the same time however it angers me to see whats happening and trying to help these people and they wont take me seriously. they think its perfectly fine to indulge in the mindless garbage all around them. I tell my siblings that they shouldnt watch tv like they do they laugh at me, My work associates are being idiotic, intolerant, jerks and I tell them thats its intolerant jerks like them (in a nicer tone so not to offend the jerks) who make the world the hell that it is and they call me crazy. I tell everyone to think for themselves to form their own opinions and trust nothing they hear from news or government and they just dont listen. They have honestly come to love their owners, they trust everything they say without question and they play into their little materialistic greedy profit driven games. No one will listen.

I cant give up on them, the ignorant masses are our only hope to change the world. As unfortunate as that is, we have to rely on these masses of fools change history. We have to help them see the truth otherwise they wont and we will all either fall into the slave owners games or we will be free from manipulation and hate life. We could also seperate ourselves from the conflicts of the rest of humanity, I just cant see myself abandoning them. My family, my girlfriend, some of my friends they are the ignorant masses and I hate that they play into the leaders games so easily but I would never give up on them to help myself. I couldnt.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Lots of good thoughts here. It seems to me that the more I study on things not of the norm, the more it seems like we are all living in a computer generated matrix, and that we are so trapped into it, we cannot escape. So many people I talk to think that some deity is coming to save them, and send the rest of us to Hell, and many more think that nothing will happen, that the status quo will continue as before. Some are so into their little electronic devices that they cannot even drive a car properly, or shop in a store, and when that cell rings, they snatch it up in a hurry to answer it. A few days ago I saw a lady give her baby a cell phone to play with, of course the little tyke put the antenna into his mouth. I see people pay a thousand dollars for a computer system and use it for playing games, and nothing else. I see people buying Chrysler cars when the company is bankrupt and not longer a car company at all. Where does it all end?

My point is, if you are one who knows things, then it is your duty to inform others of what you know. whether they listen or not makes no matter. At least when it all comes down, they cannot say that you didn't tell them.

<< 1   >>

join