It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can I do to help a society that cant help itself?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
They dont want to help themselves for they are perfectly comfortable in their psycologically oppressive cages. The normality of the oppressive nature of things goes unnoticed by those who dont care enough for their freedom to change anything about their meaningless lives. Day after day its always the same kind of repressive monotony, cheap and unintelligent forms of entertainment that only distract from the monotany of their day to day process, and the occasional prayer to their superficial god who does nothing but make them feel guilty for wanting more out of our lives. For wanting to be more inquisitive, logcal and accepting.

They have no clue their lives are being controlled by everything but their own self-imposed will. So what could I say to convince them of the true nature of things. They dont want to face the fact that they are being controlled by almost every facet of their day to day life. That their job is monotonous and repetitive to create a false perception of purpose, that their kids are going to school and actually becoming more closed minded and unintelligent, that their entertainment is horrible mindless garbage that only fools would pay any attention to.

We've been made fools of and only the most cynical, logical, or righteous of us have come to realize this and reject this sort of oppression. But what can we do to help those that dont want our help, that call us crazy and even defending the oppressive institutions that are trying to dehumanize them and turn them into mindless obedient shells.

This problem has bothered me and continues to bother me, I am losing faith in humanity and it depresses me. I want to belive that people can rise above the ignorance, the intolerance, and the immoral behavior that are all directly attributed to this disgusting psycological oppression. However I seriously doubt they can.

I wish I could be as optimistic as I once was, but reality sets in and I see we are far off from true freedom and we keep getting further and further away from it. I do hold out faith that one day the tide will change and logic will hold its place over ignorant superstitions and meaningless dollar signs.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by caballero]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

All you can really do is ignore them and live the best you can how you wish. To do otherwise is to only invite insanity.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
… I am losing faith in humanity …

Correct depiction of the situation. BUT the prime responsibility does not lie with the humans themselves but with the lies and corruption of the PTB network and their mainstream media. They’re literally - and deliberately - dumbing down humanity and preventing/destroying any spiritual development, by massive disinformation and thousands of lies. A being cannot evolve if he/she’s constantly lied at and misinformed. Things would start to change for the better if the excruciating misuse of the mainstream media was abandoned.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Not many are awake. I do think our problems could be solved in a few easy steps.

1. diet (remove toxic waste from our daily consumption, there is no end to it... most water is full of drugs ranging from antibiotics to anti psychotics.

2. environment -clean it up, reduce exposure to toxins

3. eradication of religion. Like I have mentioned before, religious devotion is a scientifically proven brain abnormality. This was discovered by examination of folks with brain trauma to the newly discovered "god region", damage to this area led the patient to become frothing evangelical religious lunatics. This abnormality can be cured via gene therapy dispersed by virus and made contagious.

All the above will lead to a great awakening.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

#3 is incorrect. Attempting to eradicate or ban anything has always caused more trouble than it ever fixed. And neither is it a proven brain abnormality.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Wow dude, just wow. That is the same exact same point of view and problem I have been having for a while now. You are like truly the first person I can relate to, that just awoke some small shred of long lost shread of hope and happiness buried in my mind.
You just summed up perfectly the question I have been asking myself constantly for the last few months far better than I could have done myself; I am a horrible word smith.
Sorry though, I don’t really have a complete answer to this. All I can say is patients. I realized a short while ago how all things are connected by the fact that all systems behave by the same rules and have similar properties, that being physics, chemistry, biology, psychology, sociology, everything fallows the same rules. Thus, in all systems, it acts towards perfection, like that of a bubble, all systems will act to relieve the stress to find a better path, just like electricity yada yada…
So all I can say is Wait, be Patient, it will ultimately sort its self out, but if you really want to do something, find away to speed up the process, just like tapping a stone on a mountain and watching if fall and tumble down. If you find away to speed it up let me know, I just might join you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I honestly feel that as a fellow human being wishing to see the undercurrent of corruption and deceipt blown away to where is belongs.. feel that the way to help the world lies within each of us. It has been proven that if you meditate on your wishes, hopes and dreams, that in itself makes a hell of a difference. Its not what your contribute its how.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I do a bet: Due to some very strange psychic mechanism did you sum up perfectly... your own life. Above that, you analized your own state of mind and personality.

How i know this? It is always the same with us humans: We always turn the reality upside down. If you really were such a deep and sober personality, you'd not write such superficial thoughts and believe that with that you solved anything. 'Cause your little analysis is not more than some funny complaints about some very obvious and necessary circumstances, which serve many purposes and are truly beautiful.

Think about this: Isn't it true, that you described your own life and state of mind?

edit: the same goes probably for most of the people who respond to this thread in a reassurant manner... (myself included :lol

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

Sorry just wondering whom your refering to?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It is the way I see things and I never once believed that a silly entry on a conspiracy website was going to solve anything. Had there been a chance that this thread might go on to actually start something big I would have added more detail, I would have wrote more than just some "funny complaints". Which is all this thread is really for, a group of like minded individuals who go and talk about silly superficial points that will never make it past the debate stage. They , the funny complaints, do nothing more than to help us feel at ease at the lack of influence we have in the society around us.

I did intend to solve something at first, or I dreamed of it atleast, but towards the end of my thread I realised there was no point to it. I realised the point of the thread was to give me just a little bit of inner peace that I wasnt the only person who felt like the weight of the world was too much to handle. Thats all this site will ever accomplish. If I really wanted to make a difference I would go out and talk to the people, but I cant talk to them they wouldnt understand and so I resign to add this thread on ATS.

Its all I can do at this point. I have to be patient as others have stated. BTW, Thank you for you comments all! Its really nice to see that even though we dont know each other you come together and give some of the emotional support I was looking for.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by caballero]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

no good has ever come from telling people wha they cant do. as Watcher in the Shadows has pointed out. All it does is create tension between those who abide by the eradication and those who resent the eradication. It would be better to let people believe what they want, the problem with religion is that they are all (including religions like buddhism) intolerant of each other. They are all the one true religion, this creates tension between the religions because they all see each other as damned for not believing in the same god.

What we need is a reform of spirituality, We need to realize that all religions basically teach the same exact principles. We get so caught up on names and specifics we fail to see we all want peace and brotherhood.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

...the lack of influence we have in the society around us.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by caballero]

Okay, i get your point. And i agree, it's all about to let go of a bit steam. But, however, my point was, that the frustration you expressed was actually about youself, not about society. Sorry to repeat myself, but i think the point is interesting: Actually, all of us projects their inner selves on different objects in the outside world. This mechanism allows the mind to free itself of things that would hurt the mind.

It is a mechanism of protection but the protection usually does more harm than good. When we reflect ourselves and find it is us we project to the outside world, we actually get the ability to illuminate ourselves.

This shall not be a preach or whatever, imho it is simple observation.

Still, i am interested whether my guess is correct.

peace

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The best thing to do is to disect your reality and understand the thinking involved in the events you see. Using this information you should do the only thing anyone can really do and that is too help themselves.

Using the truth of your reality help youself to anything you desire. Gumption is best utilized for individual gain and comfort. Until everyone else figures this out there are going to be plenty of people in plenty of places that need help.

Don't forget that the societal structure that most of us live in is designed to cause despair. It is designed to have most of the people on the edge of comfort, working themselves to death to stay on this side of comfort. This allows the governments of these societies to prosper.

In recent years corporations have figures out this design and they are now manipulating the masses, with no compassion to the plight of general society.

When assistance is given from one individual to another it is not necassarily the needy who benefits the most. Many people give and help others to feel good about themselves, even though they don't realize it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"no good has ever come from telling people what they can't do"

The American founders recognized this very fact over 200 years ago. That is why the U.S. Constitution limits the rights of the federal government, and not the natural rights of American citizens. If you've ever read the U.S. Constitution, you'll have noted that the Bill of Rights read thusly:

"Amendment 1: Congress shall make no law....."
"Amendment 2: .... the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
"Amendment 3: No soldier shall...."
"Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure.....shall not be violated.."

etc. etc.

Sadly, this basic concept of limited government rights is now blatantly ignored by our federal elected bureaucrats. With the implementation of the federal income tax, and entitlement welfare programs like Social Security and Medicare, our federal system of elected government officials has become nothing more than the 60% of the voters that don't pay any income tax voting for the candidate that promises to steal money from the paychecks of the other 40% of voters that do pay income tax.

I believe the correct term for this is "tyranny of the majority". The U.S. federal government was not established as device to "help people that cannot help themselves", or to "spread the wealth around". It was (wisely) designed to create an environment where everyone is treated equally, everyone has an equal voice in how their government functions, and everyone will succeed or fail based on how hard they work and not based on some politically correct quota system.

Get it?

Riff_Raff

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Its interesting that you should ask that because lately I have had this unexplainable fear of becoming what I hate most about society.

I am afraid that as I grow older my life will force me into the same path as those around me. I dont want to fall into a dead end career that will always be the same monotonous task over and over and over working day in and day out for nothing, caring more about money than I would about happiness, indulging in the disgusting entertainment that does nothing but distracts from the unfulfilling life that I would be living.

I am terrified of becoming what I hate, of losing my unique individuality. Maybe your theory is correct if so it on a subconcious level and its stopping me from living my life today, because I am more worried of what the future holds.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I applaud your ability for self evaluation and honesty.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Caballero, I feel like this all the time. Don't lose faith in humanity, though. Most humans are still good, and this country would be a much better place to live if the will of the people were actually represented by the Government.

As Gore Vidal said, "The people of the united states are not stupid. They're just easily tricked."

I think things will probably change for the better, ultimately, but on the other hand, we've lived in civilizations like this for over 4000 years, and the game really hasn't changed all that much:

It does not matter if the war is not real. For when it is, victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, but it is meant to be continuous.

A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance, this new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. the war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or east Asia but to keep the very structure of society in tact
-George Orwell

So will things change? I put all my hope and faith in the internet. It is more revolutionary than the printing press, and it's so damn new they don't know what to do with it, how to stop it, or the effect it's having on voters.

If it weren't for the internet, I would have lost all faith by now. But I'm still holding my breath, because the information that is out there is so damning to them, that the old system of rule only has between 4-40 years left (yes I know, it's a long time span, but this is when I believe the majority of voters will be 'computer literate' enough to base their votes on non-MSM news).

Cheers

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
We don't respect each other. Look at wars. A race that kills each other isn't one worth or capable of being saved. Put yourself outside the box, and look at the Earth as if you were from onother planet. Would you care about us, hell no.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

If their are aliens visiting our planet it would be easy to think that they would give two thoughts about what we, as a race, are engaged in.

They also may not have any emotions like what we have. If they do it would be hard for them to come here, study us, learn about are cultures and way of life, and not feel some sort of connection.

We could easily look at the ocean and say we don't give a crap about the dolphins, and some of us don't, but their are many more that go out of their way and make it a mission to better the living circumstances.

The only problem with that analogy is that we, as a race, are the cause of the many habitat problems throughout the world and thus are responsible for the plight of the creatures affected by our pursuits.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

That george orwell quote Is exactly true when I read that in the book I had to stop and contemplate on how true it actually was. Nothing has ever evened the playing field, nothing. No war, no law, no righteous cause. If anything they all eventually corrupt and just prolong the problem they tried to cure. But with our world isnt going to be a world like that in 1984, its going to be more like Brave New World , by Aldous Huxley (who is a genius, look hik up and read some of the things he says about society). We arent going to have a police state that we can see its all going to be under the skin. they arent going to tell us to our faces that we are slaves they will make us believe that we are and love being their slaves.

Think of all the things around us do nothing but appeal to our more primitive emotions. There is hardly anything of substance that the mainstream follows. No ivestigative reporting, just gossip rags and trash news. Theres no high quality art (which would include music and film, for me atleast) theres just rap music, american Idol, reality tv and mindless movies that have no point and little to no intellectual substance. We arent being praised for our unique individualism we are being told its bad to think for ourselves, that we should follow the crowd. We cant be creative and innovative because we have to work stupid blue collar jobs being told what to do day in and day out.

In the book Brave New World, which is a must read, their society looks remarkably similar to ours today. They had the mindless entertainment that appealed only to primitive emotions and gave no intellectual support what so ever. Adam lembert from American Idol is a great example of where we are at now, everyone loved him. However anyone with ears would tell you that he was horrible, he looked good and he got the crowd going though thats all that matters anymore. Whatever it takes to sell CD's and poster and this and that and it all GARBAGE.

Same thing with news, there is no substance to it, they just want to get as many viewers as possible the mentallity of "this is bigger than news, this is television!" has taken over the one facet of society that kept us under control of our own minds. Investigative news allowed us to hear the story and form our own opinions about what was happening in the world around us. It is true internet is taking over but, how long can the internet hold out? Already in order to find substance you have to break away from the regular myspace and facebooks and yahoos and sites like that, so whos to say internet will make any difference at all?
Our society has already begun to shape our subconciouss to such a degree its going to be tough to let these people see the light. Like I said before they are so involved with their slavery they dont even realize its slavery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join