It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel enlightened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Im 18 years old. For the past few years I've been trying to achieve enlightenment. I did not know what enlightenment was, I just knew that when it happened, I would know it happened. Well the time has come, when I say "I am enlightened", I believe it.

So, how would I describe this enlightenment?

I see things as they really are. I stop seeing myself as an individual. I see the whole universe and everything in it as living, from the dirt on the ground to the intelligent extraterrestrial. I know that death is the end of me, but not the end of awareness which lives on in all of us, and is one and the same. I know that for anything to exist, everything has to exist. Let me tell you this, this current existence is a really whack one in comparison to others, but of course there are worse. The human condition is really a rather sad one. but it is of no matter, just an observation. Colors, shapes, sounds, time; these are all illusions. However, to break free from these illusions would be crazy. Our own individual lives are just a sort of game. A game of control. There really is nothing to worry about, no matter how difficult your problems may seem. There are things I know, that I cannot put into words, whether it is because I dont communicate well, or because there are no words for this, I cannot say.

Do you know what I am talking about?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
there is a lot of channeled info about this sort of stuff and many who meditate or have spiritual views and values also have the same sense of expansion.
Congratulations, for you have reached a pinnacle that many don't even get to in their lives. It certainly helps to see things on an entirely different level and realise what's really 'real'
Goodluck

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi Steve,

I've got few questions

Who are you?

Are you a hypocrite, and do you have an ego?

Are you happy?

What your enlightenment has to do with me?

I just need answers from stevedel0! I think you're a smart person, I'd like to see if your perception would match with some others

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm a human being. I live the US. I'm 18 years old. I have Aspergers syndrome.

I am not a hypocrite, I understand why people do things and why I do things, I have to much understanding to be hypocritical. I do have ego. If I didn't have ego, I wouldn't be alive. However, I dont have an exaggerated ego.

I am happy, but a better word for my usual state of emotion is content, when things go wrong, my body can react in anger or sadness, but it usually subsides quickly as I understand that most things in this world are trivial. I used to be depressed a few years ago. I dont think depression can ever attack me again.

My enlightenment has not much to do with you. Enlightenment is very personal and allows me to see where I lie in this existence. It mostly only helps me see who I really am.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by stevedel0]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
...if it only helps you, is it still really enlightenment?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Enlightenment. wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

When you know something you did not know before, you have become enlightened.
Enlightenment is a continual process.
For 18 years old, you seem to have a good mind.
Practical yet able to grasp higher concepts.
Keep searching for answers.
"One who believes, they know everything, knows nothing"
You are just getting started.
No one will ever have all the answers. That does not mean we should stop looking. All the fun is in discovery.
Unfortunately, the more you look, the more you find, and sometimes it's not nice.
But hey, "It can't rain all the time".

[edit on 24/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Eighteen is a great age! You are a young master of the universe. Just coming into your own.

Enjoy the ride!

However, there is no ultimate state of enlightenment.

I do not say this to be negative or disparage your statements. There is such a thing as enlightenment, but it is infinite in it's scope, and we are not.

Surely, you must comprehend this!

We can sample the infinite, appreciate the little which reveals itself to us as we journey through it. We can never know the totality of the infinite without giving up our "selves" in the process. I think that is what the question about Ego was getting at.

A human being can become one with the universe.
A human being can never be one with the universe.
Becoming one with the universe requires the annihilation of the self.

To experience the mystical which transcends our physical experience, is to carry back with you knowledge which cannot be translated, in a language unspoken and unwritten, which the embodied mind cannot relate to.

That does not make you insane, but it dosen't give you much to talk about at dinner parties either!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I try to be as practical as I can, when I first realized that I have no more questions about my existence I also realized that I was going a bit crazy (more accurate, other people thought I was going crazy). So I started expressing myself trying to get others to understand me, thats what I am doing now, expressing myself. Else I lose what makes my mind human.

Enlightenment means that you understand all that you want to understand. Of course this is attainable, I am in that state right now. I had many questions, very difficult ones too, and now I have no questions. For years these questions would plague my mind, then I went into a horrible anxiety frenzy triggered by marijuana, I fought it and found relief and gained much from that experience. I connected with a higher self

Ex. of some of these questions

What am I?

I am the awareness fused into the body and mind. I am not the mind, which is like a body of water in which thoughts are ripples that are started from outside sources. I am not the body which is a highly concentrated point of ego, or control. I am the awareness receiving input from the mind and body. I do not control my own thoughts, those are at the control of outside influence. Like acorns falling from the tree into the water.

Awareness is like an invisible cloth spread over the universe, some points are more concentrated than others. Just like a star bends gravity around it with its mass, the human body bends the awareness around it with its concentration of code.

What is the soul?

The soul is your higher self, the self that is connected to other selves that you are currently independent from. The selves that the higher self is connected to are very similar to you. Once you connect with this higher self you lose yourself and become become all of the selves. The mission now is to connect with the even higher self. One day, we will all be the one. Then we will detach in an explosion, and have to do this all over again.

It is very strange to think that people you can talk to, are you.

What happens after death?

That depends, if you are ready and finished then you can explore beyond. I know that is my next step.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

All of that sounds dead on to me and it's amazing to me that you can sum so many things up so readily. I'm sure you're also aware then of the potential for infinite growth, that enlightenment is also an ongoing process, like others are mentioning.

The word "enlightenment" is no less relative than the words "big" or "bright," but if a word fits an idea, use it, why not.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

I know when I became enlightened it was like everything finaly made since. I seen all of the sudden how everything is related. To me it brought me closer to God and my belief in him and Jesus Christ. Almost overnight so many questions that I had were suddenly answered and so clear. Yet it is very hard for me to explain in words. I want to give examples so that other paople can see but I cannot seem to find the words. I can not help but wonder if we are not supposed to be able to explain it in order to allow others to awaken in their own time. Please excuse the spelling mistakes it is late and I do not care to edit.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

There are always things we aren't "meant to know," but it arises naturally from our own (often accidental) ignorance. As you ascend higher and higher in your awareness, there are always going to be some truths that are subtly pulled back just beyond your grasp, and if you ever finally find them all anyway, then you are bound to be Everything itself and there would be nothing to you. It would be indescribable in the extreme, I'm sure. In fact, it would take everything in existence to express it, and that's why we're here in the first place.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Ah

The why are we here?

A favorite one of mine. People try to find glorious answers to this question. Thats why so many seek religion. They think, they must have an important purpose, or have to accomplish something or they feel useless. The simple truth is, that in order for anything to exist, everything has to exist. Even an existence where one feels mundane. There are many people I have met that have to learn to deal with being ordinary. The homeless man, has just as much value as the rich man. Everybody is doing their part to expressing God's thoughts. Its our job. My mom tells me that I should have faith in God that he will alleviate human suffering if you believe in him, which is totally ridiculous, suffering is necessary. It feels nice though, to personally alleviate someone elses suffering, that is also another job. Every job has to be expressed.

While I was derealizing (something horrible, google it) a little before my enlightenment I knew that colors were illusions. They really did not exist, they were made up by the mind. If so, then HOW can they exist. It would drive me insane knowing how I could perceive a color if it does not exist. I still cannot answer that. However I am much closer to the answer than I was even a year ago. There probably is not an answer that can be put in the English language though, you gotta learn to pick battles sometimes lol

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I doubt anyone can be enlightened in a world like this. come back on and tell if your still enlightened

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am. The problems of this world are simply perceptions that you make. Those negative perceptions of the world are tools that evolution gave us so we would try to better our world.

The enlightened learned to accept everything that comes their way. I have done that.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The truly enlightened have no need to tell others of their status of being enlightened. That's bragging plain and simple.

Feeling enlightened and actually "being" enlightened are two different things. But that's just my opinion. WDIK.....

now "Awareness", that's a completely different can of worms.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

...nail - head - hammer...

...those are my thoughts as well...

*editted to add: Please know I'm in no way showing or intending any disrespect to you stevedel0 by my agreeance with that sentiment. Nor am I claiming any hold of any *enlightenment* or otherwise...

...my opinion simply comes from experience of knowing a number of people I'd personally see as 'enlightened' (again, I'm no ultimate authority of such), yet I have never once heard or seen those words pass their lips.

Their 'enlightenment' is so tactile, so tangible, its obviousness (to me and other people anyway) doesn't require utterance. It just is.

Peace.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by alien]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I hope no one is saying that to claim that one is enlightened means he or she is not enlightened. There are plenty of enlightened people that claim to be enlightened, and plenty of enlightened people who just haven't done so. It makes no difference.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Do not take my words so specific Whaaa. It is what I meant that matters. Not what you would like to twist it into. Words are really a cheap way of communicating, yet it seems to be the best method we have. Were probably still a little ways off from telepathy.

Enlightenment is not really such a big deal. I dont have super powers. I am just in the state of mind that I was before I was born. I am still the same person and yet I am not. Now that I have achieved enlightenment I am quite surprised how much the same I feel, yet I dont. It seems that enlightenment was always nearby, staying just out of reach.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Bless this thread. What a nice topic in a very confused world

I would like to say that there are some very smart people on this web site, I have only been on here for a few weeks and am glad to say I have found my "niche" site (want for better words).

What I would also like to state is how lucky a lot of us are on here to have such a wide range of knowledge and understanding and a great variety of material to sink your teeth into...

What I would like to comment on is the issue that you seem to have with being marked as "crazy", or what I have also heard, from pers experience, is a conspiracy freakazoid (not even sure if that is a word), and "oooh your one of them" (spiritist) and many more.

I can tell you now that, at a guess, a majority of people on this web site have more than likely the same issues with regard to voicing their beliefs. We are very passionate people (my view only), and because of this its definitely misunderstood that.

What I have come to see, and this is through quite a few years
of research (I am now 36 going on 26
) is that this is now changing. There are many theories that were considered way out there by society that is now being considered the norm (String Theory is an excellent example). We have and are breeding generations of people that are now looking outside the box and refusing to accept the conventional answers to their questions. There is so much coming out, that people will prolly seek you out of their own accord to gain more understanding.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join