It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do all right wing pundits act like idiots?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Note I say act... I can't believe that these people are actually idiots, but they sure act like it.

For example. They continue to use talking points which muddy the water as opposed to clearing it up.

For example, This bruhaha about torture. Have you seen any right wing pundit come out and say "Torture is wrong"... no... you haven't. What you do hear are voices trying to justify torture, at any expense...

Evidently, I can lose any aspect of sanity and there is a job waiting for me on Radio...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
To give right wing idiots someone to love and admire.

Hey the same exact reason left wing pundits sound like idiots.

Neither are by the way, they just know one way or another they will profit off of confusing idiots.

Left and right are passages.

Black and white are hues.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ever seen the left wing Code Pink pundits? That group has to be one of the bigger bags of ass out there.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

It is like a magic trick, you distract the masses and while they are
busy with US vs. THEM rhetoric you setup fake investment
vehicles like CDO's , credit default swaps, and derivatives
and loot trillions.

You miss-direct the observer and do your magic trick.

The pundits are to keep us busy and distracted, while the
men behind the curtain destroy the country.

The funny thing is it is has been written in stone for near 30 years
what is planned for us all on the Georgia Guidestones and
and the book "Limits to Growth".

The elite think there are too many of us "useless eaters" and
they plan to make a change to that.

These so called christians who attend mock human sacrifice rituals
in the Bohemian grove do not have your best interest in mind.

And the TV puppets are just distractions for the masses.

They work incredibly well, as does all the idiotic TV shows.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
For example, This bruhaha about torture. Have you seen any right wing pundit come out and say "Torture is wrong"... no... you haven't.

Lol, good question....

Because one man's torture is another man's joy ???

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
is it idiocy for people to say "ok if you want to punish a previous administration for "war crimes" then why dont we round up EVERYONE involved"

Hmm doesnt sound to unreasonable to me.

why do left wingers try to act like they are always taking the moral high ground when all it is doing is undermining the country?

Why do they claim t be for the people and about the constitution (with the whole torture issue as an example) yet they want more government control over the private sector? Seems a little hypocritical to me!

I see pandering on both sides, but i dont think its right to point the finer at any one party, because i see a massive amount of hypocrisy on both accounts.

Why is it ok for the left to condemn the last administration but ignore the current state of affairs with the current one?

Why is it bad for bush to spend the ungodly amount he did in his administration, but for Obama its alright for him to surpass it?

just some things to think about.......im a libertarian by the way to me its all nonsense.....

I also think that if one administration is going to do one thing they damn sure better expect to get the same in return......that is ......unless they think they wont have to worry about another administration

Mandbehind the Mask out.....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
All I can say is that whether your left wing or rightwing, the true constitutionalist opposes torture and recognizes the america established by the founding fathers is above that.

I am disgusted how folks parade around the constitution when its suits their argument, when they are talking about guns, taxes, personal things of interest to them, but when it comes to things at the expense of the minority, such as their rights to freely carry out their private lives in sexuality like every other citizen, when its suspects being tortured, while they are still just suspects, when anybody in such a position would be more willing to say anything the torturers want, these folks, these flag wavers, these self proclaimed "revolutionaries" dont give a damn.

Just a bunch of hypocrites I tell ya.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

For example, This bruhaha about torture. Have you seen any right wing pundit come out and say "Torture is wrong"... no... you haven't. What you do hear are voices trying to justify torture, at any expense...

Enhanced Interrogation is not torture. Nancy Pelosi, the most liberal Speaker of the House ever, didn't believe it was torture when she was briefed on the techniques.

Right wing pundits have it right. Left wingers have to change vocabulary and definitions to get the public on their side. In fact it is a very effective form of propaganda that works very well on the public.

It's alot easier to get someone to support the "Rainforest" than the jungle. It's also alot easier to get someone to criticize "torture" than Enhanced Interrogation.

I am glad that Cheney is out there explaining this situation. When you spell out the facts, rational people understand. What else can explain his 8 point rise in his approval numbers since he left office?

Someone pointed out that when Obama and Cheney had their dueling press conferences it seemed like Cheney was the President and Obama was giving the Democrat response. I can't wait until the adults get back in control of this country.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Politics these days is like wrestling. On stage they are all enemies but behind closed doors they are buddies and good friends who party together.

There are a few odd ones out but that's extremely rare.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It could be because they are idiots and their average listener has a high school education.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Ever seen the left wing Code Pink pundits? That group has to be one of the bigger bags of ass out there.

really?...your an expert on code pink? what are their general arguements?
gee...another right-winger engaged in name calling!! i'm shocked!! you people have become impotent in your rhetoric as well as your philosophy.

www.codepink4peace.org...

it took me 30 seconds to find their website. they are against war, what an un-american and treasonous idea...right? you people need to find another stimulant for getting an erection other than just firing a gun

[edit on 24-5-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Check out this little tidbit: BTW its from a conservative blog.

www.newmajority.com...

from Mark Levin's radio program yesterday afternoon:

CALLER: I just wanna say, Obama is a lot smarter than you folks give him credit for. You guys were on a roll, I have to admit, with all those tea parties. Everything was rolling along, the Republicans were gaining momentum. And he managed to change your entire conversational focus. And you let those three hundred thousand people —

LEVIN: My God. He’s so smart. His own party voted against him on Guantanamo Bay. How stupid was that, Cindy? His own party refused to fund the closing of Guantanamo Bay.

CALLER. Yeah but you know he can just move those people over here anyway. He’s already doing it with the one guy.

LEVIN: Yeah, sure, he can do whatever he wants. Let me ask you a question. Why do you hate this country?

CALLER: No, I love this country.

LEVIN: (angrily shouting) I SAID WHY DO YOU HATE MY COUNTRY?WHY DO YOU HATE MY CONSTITUTION? WHY DO YOU HATE MY DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE? You just said it. He can blow off Congress. He can do whatever he wants, right?

CALLER: Well, he seems to, he just moved (inaudible).

LEVIN: Answer me this, are you a married woman? Yes or no?

CALLER: Yes.

LEVIN: Well I don’t know why your husband doesn’t put a gun to his temple. Get the hell out of here.

Right wing talk radio is one of the reasons why conservatives and Republicans are getting such a bad name... along with the party's own hubris and arrogance.

ann coulter and michael savage spew little more than hate... certainly no ideas worth considering seriously...

mush loosebowels berates those who disagree with him and hangs up on them...

this guy gets hysterical in the face of opposition and acts like a total ass...

glenn beck and sean hannity haven't got a functioning brain cell between them (though I think hannity has one up on beck in the brains dept. but not by much) and beck when backed into a corner on the View admitted that he didn't fact check his stories before he ran with them...

The whole lot of them are a bunch of arrogant fools but I really have to wonder who is the biggest fools... them, their corporate backers or the listeners and readers who hang on their every word...

Come on people... do you really want these jackasses to be the voices of your party?

JEEZZZZ!!!

The article ends as follows:

Conor gamely offers an intellectual rebuttal to Levin:

The host is weirdly blind to the irony that he himself thinks a wartime president possesses the power to house detainees where he sees fit, at least if the President asserts that his chosen policy is needed to keep America safe. As we all know, President Obama thinks that Gitmo is a PR disaster that helps Al Qaeda recruit more terrorists, and therefore makes us less safe. So by the host’s own standard of executive power—not to mention Dick Cheney’s standard — President Obama possesses the inherent power to close Gitmo, what Congress says be damned.

I'd offer a less sophisticated comment:

Imagine some commuter - a nonpolitical person, a family man or woman, a taxpayer and billpayer - who happens to flip the dial on the radio on the way home and hears that exchange. What would such a person think? Wouldn't it be something like, "I dont know what's wrong with that horrible man, but I do know this: whatever side he's on, any decent person would have to be on the opposite"?

And this is a conservative saying this.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Come on people... do you really want these jackasses to be the voices of your party?

JEEZZZZ!!!

Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck as opposed to Barack Hussein Obama, Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Keith Olbermann, algore.

I'll side with the former.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I find it amusing and rather pathetic that whenever the hard right is faced with any opposition they resort to the old why do you hate America ploy... as if, as if they have a monopoly on love of country and patriotism... as if you disagree with them you might as well be a traitor and terrorist...

They are so wrong.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Uh huh. Why doesn't that surprise me.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

For example. They continue to use talking points which muddy the water as opposed to clearing it up.

that's not a right wing pundit thing .. it's something pudits from both the left and the right do. a more accurate title to this thread would have been - why do pundits (in general) act like idiots?

and their average listener has a high school education.

Hey ya grover ... got any stats to back up that those that listen to right wing pundits only have a high school education?

Have you seen any right wing pundit come out and say "Torture is wrong"... no... you haven't.

America waterboarded THREE TERRORISTS in order to save thousands of American lives. Perhaps the reason that you haven't seen any say that it was wrong is because IT WASN'T WRONG.

Hmmm ...

Choice A - torture three terrorists who want to destroy America and kill Americans - get the info to stop the attacks - and thus save those thousands of Americans

or

Choice B - give those three terrorists tender loving care while terror attacks rain down upon Americans killing us and our children.

I'll go with Choice A.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With most right wingers it's all about crushing new possibilities, ideas and solutions. If you internalize that your passions are going to come out very nutty and full of twisted projections and impulses. .02 cents.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ya know given how self absorbed these idiots are it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it came out one day that loosebowels and company were big anonymous contribuiters to the Democratic party and voted for them when the curtain is closed.

Why? Because their ratings do better with the Democrats around.

Its all about money ya know... if us liberals hung on every word our pundits said, like so many on the right do theirs... there would be far more liberal talk radio around.

But ya see we don't need a drug addled gas bag to tell us what to think.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

But ya see we don't need a drug addled gas bag to tell us what to think.

No .. ya'll have former drug addict Obama ... and Nancy (face doesn't move) Pelosi ... and whackadoo Olbermann, and Chris 'tingle up my let' Matthews, and Cindy Sheehan, and .....

there are plenty of nuts on both sides.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Guess what... I listen to the president's press confrence's and that is about it... and even he doesn't tell me what to think.

I could care less about the rest of them...

It is however mush loosebowels devotees who are called dittoheads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join