It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, Jordan sign nuclear cooperation agreement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

www.haaretz.com

Russia and Jordan have signed a nuclear energy cooperation agreement, according to media reports in Moscow over the weekend.

According to terms of the deal, Russia will provide the Hashemite Kingdom with power plants, nuclear research facilities, and training centers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok what's going on here ?

How will Israel and the west take this ? One would think that its only a mater of time until all of these Middle Eastern . countries will develop a nuclear energy program .

Iran may take this opportunity to stretch out a hand of friendship to Jordan as a means to generate support for there nuclear energy program , however I don't think Jordan would accept such offers from Iran , well at least not with there current leader in power . However , this could change after Iran's elections this summer .

www.haaretz.com

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is another link to the story from a different outlet en.rian.ru...

I am really wondering just how the MSM will spin this , or if it will be kept quiet as to not provoke calls for an attack against Jordan .

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Jordan is practically a suburb of Israel. Officially they are all lovey dovey since King Hussein got all hippie peacenik before he died of cancer. Anyway, Russia is not in the business of providing highly enriched fissable materials to "Arab" countries. Probably just going to give them pre-refined fuel rods, and rent out a small fleet of engineers to help built it all

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Is Russia not one of the main supporters of Iran's Nuclear program ?

But yes you are right , Jordan and Israel are very close . Jordan has stated that they would not go to war with Israel , unless it was for water .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yes, Russia helps to make Nuclear reactors and what not, but they do not give out super enriched fissionable materials, which are used for weapons, but rather less enriched uranim rods and the such which is used as fuel in reactors, and a fleet of Rusky engineers to make it all work.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Given that , how do you think this will play out , if at all , in the MSM ?

Russia is making some big plays at becoming an energy supplier to the world . They appear to have a very aggressive approach to there R&D as well as moves such as with Jordan and Iran alike . Who will be next ? Dare I say Venezuela ? Not to mention there aggressive approach to gain a foot hold in a thawing Arctic .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
it wont hit the msn

Its not important enough besides the msn plays on fear and wow ness!

this is not wow and its jordan ; )

Follow the money!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I would not be shocked or scratching my head about this:

"Obammmmmmmmma signed the final approval of the "123 Agreement" which creates the legal framework for the US to provide Dubai with sensitive nuclear items necessary for them to construct a nuclear power generating plant. While the plan was hatched while Bush was still president, the final approval was left for Obammmmmmmma. It is reported that it could provide for thousands of jobs for American firms. Dubail says the new plant will be up and running by 2015.

Does anyone find it interesting that Obammmmmma can't get behind nuclear power to help solve America's dependance on foreign oil, but he has agreed to provide material and key technology so that Dubai can build one to meet their electrical needs? And about those jobs, how many hundreds of thousands of jobs would be created for Americans, IN AMERICA, if he would instruct his energy czar to set a plan in force to bring 100 new nuclear plants on line in the US over the next 10 years. Guess we think windmills and solar panels will work better. But then since Dubai is a desert country, wouldn't solar panels work there too?"

www.topix.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

www.haaretz.com

Russia and Jordan have signed a nuclear energy cooperation agreement, according to media reports in Moscow over the weekend.

According to terms of the deal, Russia will provide the Hashemite Kingdom with power plants, nuclear research facilities, and training centers.

Ahh damn I thought Michael Jordan was going nuclear with his hops. Bad joke.

Hmmm IMO I don't think Russia is as bad as we make them out to be.

Yes they do it differently but does not mean it is also not a good way.

They are helping more countries then we are. We are just trying to control everyone.

That said , no I'm not a commy I just like to give everyone a chance.

Curious to see what this leads too. You think they are just trying to arm all the people around them so in case we attack their motherland or one of the Middle eastern countires, they still have other options to launch weapons?

That would seem like the smart thing to do.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

the world is about to change

its fun!

very very fun!

new topics

top topics

join