It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Blows It: Supposed Terror Plot Against NY Synagogues Is Bogus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not aware of there being any solid evidence that the Branch Davidians were actual child abusers. I happen to believe the government acted initially the same way they did with the Texas Mormon group earlier last year (keep in mind some random black lady from Colorado reported the child abuse). The Texas Mormon group reaction shows that our Government learned from their mistake, and didn't go in guns a blazing and instead reached a peaceful end without people dying on both sides.

I absolutely love the CIA and FBI comments on here. I'm just waiting to hear some awesome Massad stories for what all they have pulled off. Realistically the way our Government leaks information it can never keep anything that large a secret. I think the best job the Government has done for keeping people closed lipped is Area 51. However, we all know those are not humans that work at Area 51, but instead highly advanced alien android technology. j/k

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So what is the difference if they bombed a Jewish synagogue or an American building? None the less, these guys wanted to purchase bombs for something sinister. That alone should let them sit behind bars for a long time.

A bogus charge? They may not be terrorists...wait they are. What could they do with bombs? Maybe they were going to make fireworks.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I thought this story was a bit fishy.

Trying to blow up synagogues over Afghanistan?
Planning to shoot down planes with missiles at an airport?

These guys didn't even know what C4 looked like and I highly doubt they'd have access to any missile or sophisticated weaponry.

Homegrown bronx Jihadists...

Even John Stewart was mocking that point.

Although I do believe it is highly possible they may have agreed to participate in this charade, the mastermind behind the terror plot was the FBI informant and not these goofs.

They basically created the story got these idiots to join in and then ran it through the mainstream media.

What I am wondering is why?

Did they want to keep the fear alive, or is this to help pave the way for something broader in the near future?

- Lee

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
what's the problem here? anyone willing to plant explosives and kill scores of civilians should be detained. how would you feel if some mentally deranged idiot sets off a device inside a crowded mall that happens to be your kids' favorite place? you would blame the feds for being incompetent and not infiltrating the terror cell. but now that they've actually infiltrated a cell and let them go through with it it's all entrapment.

the point is that if for any amount of money or other incentives you're capable of going through with a terror attack against your own country you need to be put away! it doesn't matter if the explosives are fake. they actually believed it's real and that makes them terrorists. how hard is this to accept?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
From the NY Post:

JIHAD 'BAIT & SNITCH'

A slick FBI informant roped four Muslim converts into a horrific terror plot to blow up two Bronx synagogues and military jets by handing them piles of cash and gifts and even bags of weed, relatives of the suspects said yesterday.

"Brother, whatever you need, I will get it for you," said the man whom the four petty thieves knew as "Maqsood," according to Kathleen Baynes, whose longtime boyfriend, James Cromitie, is alleged to be the ringleader of the plot.

She said Cromitie, 45, first met Maqsood at a mosque, Masjid al-Ikhlas, in Newburgh, Orange County, about a year ago and promised to teach him the truth about Islam.

The man soon was coming by their apartment with increasing frequency and was always flush with cash, she said.

"He was very persistent, and every time he came for James, he took him away. They said they were going out to eat dinner," she recalled. "Whenever we needed anything, Maqsood would help -- like financially -- he gave us money to pay rent.

... She said Maqsood promised to get Cromitie jobs and once said he would give him a black Mercedes-Benz. On repeated occasions, he gave Cromitie cameras, cash and even drugs, she said.

"Maqsood gave him a lot of marijuana," she said.

An FBI spokesman did not return a call for comment on the alleged gift giving.

Williams' mother, Elizabeth McWilliams, said her son fell under Maqsood's sway in April with promises to help with medical bills for his sick brother.

"Maqsood said, 'Don't worry, brother, I am going to help with your brother's hospital bills,' " she recalled. "This man did nothing but set these guys up."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Because they weren't found guilty of any reasons the ATF went into the compound. They were found guilty of running from the police.

Hence, if they would have just complied with the warrant no one would have died and they would have one in court.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH "I watched it happen on TV." Too funny. I have seen peoples heads explode on TV, I've seen UFO's on TV, I've seen people raise from the dead as Vampires on TV, I've seen pretty much every possible inane situation on TV, so I guess what we see on TV, makes it true. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

This one statement negates the value of any of your previous comments for me. But, thanks for the laugh...there really are people out there that BELIEVE the TV. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

..Ex

Just stop it, you know what he meant. He meant he saw the news footage of the countless amateur videos shot of PLANES running into the buildings. Tell the people who SAW the planes first hand that they didn't see planes, and they will be waiting for you to tell them the sky isn't blue too.

I live in central Jersey so I know people who saw those towers come down first hand. People that came home covered in dust and debris. You can't tell them that planes didn't hit those towers.

I can understand questioning how much the government knew before hand, because there is no doubt 9/11 was coming and they knew it was coming, and I can even understand wondering how far the government went to cover up their failures. I can EVEN understand, however far of a stretch it is, the possibility that some group (I am not saying a government group, just some group) may have set explosives up in the building to ensure that the building would collapse in case they felt that the planes might not do the trick.

But when you start saying that planes didn't crash into the building, you have issues. At that point, I have to start questioning your sanity if you don't realize how absurd that is.

To what extent governments blame for 9/11 goes, whether it be a completely failure in security and then the cover up of that failure, or enabling the attackers, I don't know, I really don't. What I do know is planes hit that tower, and to say otherwise, is the very definition of insane.

These 4 men were more likely being enabled by our own government than they were an actual threat. I mean, show me what training they had, to indicate they even knew how to work this stuff, or get in contact with people who do. How many of you know how to work stringer missiles? I have never even seen one before, let alone know how to use it correctly.

Where were they getting the cash for this stuff, aka, who was funding them? If they had no training, and no funding, how would they be able to get their hands on any of this? Some guy working at wal-mart has the contacts and funding to buy this stuff? I don't think so. That is where I feel government probably entrapped these guys.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
The Branch Davidians torches their own fuel supplies, not unlike Jim Jones fed a bumch of people poison Kool-Aid.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This thread has jelled something for me. I get it now. This thread is filled with post that actually seem to defend a persons intention to commit murder!
They seem to suggest that anyone should be able to walk on a plane with bombs strapped to their chest, boxcutters in every pocket, two loaded guns in holsters, a bazooka on their back and sweat streaming down their face, but shouldn't be harassed because they haven't hurt anyone yet. Point a loaded gun at a cop? No problem, you haven't pulled the trigger.
Now I understand why they hate the patriot act. They have an intention to commit a crime someday but don't have the means and the patriot act could get them imprisoned before they can carry it out!
It's so sad that someone who just says no to the FBI agents, is a foreign concept to those above types. "I don't want to harm anyone." is something they see as coming from a person who couldn't possibly exist, or they would understand why we don't see anything wrong with imprisoning these men.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

Yea, except that these guys wpuld never have even thought about pulling this retarded mission except for the goading and pressuring of the FBI informant who was probably trying to give someone up to the Feds to save his ass on an unrelated charge. He gave them lots of pot, paid their rent, took them out to dinner and "paid" for the "weapons".

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ever think that every once in awhile they need to justify their oppressive legislation? Thats what they do, they frame people. These guys were likely just idiots, and the agents figured that out.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I read the entire article and i don't see where there is any proof to the claims made in the article.

The article is claiming the accused are dumb, and stupid because they were playing that part in court, well, in case some of you didn't know that is what criminals do. If they are caught they try to play dumb, and innocent.

There should always be evidence when someone makes a claim like it is done in the OP.

Perhaps many of you have forgotten that it is true that there are terrorists amongst us. However, I don't believe that some of the policies and plans being implemented by the current administration, or the last one will help capture terrorists.

I still think there are good Americans in the FBI, and police departments. I don't believe "everyone is in on it", like some people seem to want to claim.

These men were caught, and now they are trying to look incompetent, crazy, and dumb, and probably their lawyer/lawyers told them that would be the only, and best way they can come out from this crime they tried to commit.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Which scares you more?

1. Smart guy with a gun who is going to shoot you.
2. Idiot with a gun who is going to shoot you.

Doesn't matter which scares you more, because you've been shot.

Which comforts you more?

1. Smart doctor fixing your gunshot wound?
2. Idiot doctor fixing your gunshot wound?

Now here is something where intelligence actually matters.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

If this is true, I can truly see the point the author is making when stating "The story strengthens the narrative that the "homeland" is under attack."

I can see preventative measures being put into place, but when you start walking the line of entrapment, you have to reassess the situation.

Would I have rather these men not have been checked.. no, but if these people aren't really the problem and are only being used to show "progress".. who is watching the real threats, if there are any?

I definitely understand the problem with issues pertaining to entrapment, and I am completely against it when it involves everyday criminal actions (i.e., Drugs, Vice, etc.). However, I feel very little sympathy when it involves someone actually willing to launch a terrorist attack against this Nation of ours.

As for your final comment, I can understand certain cases being used in order to display "Progress", as the VAST majority of Counter-Terrorist Operations never manage to see the light of day. There have been SO MANY attempted attacks not only against the United States, but against many Western Nations in general since 9/11. Most of the time however, the attacks that have been prevented are never mentioned, or quite frankly, they are swept under the carpet for any number of reasons. Therefore, when every so often a case is made to fit the Mainstream in terms of Drama, and Detail, it does some good in not only displaying the still constant threat against us, but in also letting us understand that there are countless Men and Women on the frontlines everyday keeping us safe and secure. On that note, a Best Memorial Day to All.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

The 4 guys arrested DID have a chance to go to the authorities after they were approached by the informant. I HOPE any right thinking person would have done just that.
That action would have stopped it dead, without further incident.

Same with the drug dealer living on your street... If you do not condone the activities, you take the action to stop it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

pretty funny how the entire state of texas got behind those poor people at waco.
home depot and te citizens donated the goods they needed to rebuild.
the government armed and shot people from helicopters. totally illegal. the front door disappeared,because it was evidence against the atf.
for beig a solid contributor,you sure don't know what you're talking about here.
they did nothing,and they killed those women and children,by burning them to death.

as far as this story goes,why did it take a year to set these guys up?
seems to me,if these gys were so anxious,it would have happened a lot quicker.
and you're saying that these cops don't want to exploit people to get their 15 minutes?

LOL

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Im with you!!!

Im glad thses sicko's were arrested.....!!

Im glad the fbi,cia,nsa use every means they can to stop nut cases!!!!

"decoy set ups" are good!!!!!

there are rash's/assualts of women getting punched in the face and their purse stolen,,,,
so the police set up a decoy of an undercover older lady officer waiting for a bus,,and in no time at all a looser scum bag punch's her in the face and grabs her purse...

do you call this entrapment....????????????????

we''ll let the judge/jury decide the facts!!!!

I cant beleive some of the anti-american comments I hear here!

nice to know there are some real men/women here instead of all idiots!!!!

the major problem is we need more "decoy kool aid stands",,,more police,,top notch covert teams,,and the list goes on!!!!

And more tazer guns!!!!
the law should be re written on its use a TINY bit,,,

I beleive 89.9% most people have at least decent or good hearts....
so nothing will ever be perfect......

And by far the sicko's and slime nut cases are the ones to blame!!!!!!!!!!

the ones who complain/post about this garbage will post another article nex week about something stupid!!

I know we all hated bush and such but these anti USA threads are sick...borderline scary!!!

this is my opinion and I stand by it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Like a lot of threads I visit, this ends up with the usual argumentative claim. The US government lies about everything, their intelligence agencies lie about everything, it's all an attempt to manipulate the people with some control agenda.

So implicitly those they supposedly victimize and entrap are honest and truthful upstanding citizens. in this case they woefully got seduced by nefarious FBI agents into activities that they would not have ever considered.

At any juncture any of them had opportunities to say "no", "not interested", "too risky", and so forth. They were aware they were engaging in highly illegal activities. As converts to Islam they had made a few serious decisions about changes in their life. They are not totally passive.

They crossed the line when they obtained life threatening weapons and made plans to use them.

A fine legal line between intent and action. But the law takes conspiracy and attempted murder very seriously. As it should.

I understand the uncertainty for some whether this qualifies as a case of entrapment.But we lack very little information so far. This is what a court of law determines.

What I fail to understand is why there are so many so hostile to the the US and it's agencies, they immediately take the side of people they know almost nothing about, and assume they are innocent victims rather than potentially dangerous perpetrators.

This isn't about history and politics, it's about people preparing to kill complete strangers, men, women, and children.

Mike

[edit on 24-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Back when i worked as a blaster i had people that wanted to by explosives from me.

I reported them to a NCIS agent i knew and they all disappeared and never contacted me again.

Were they terrorist /idiots/or stuiped ????
or were they government agents.

The fact that they never contacted me again leads me to believe they were told that i had turned them in and they were government informers/agents.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This brings to light a growing problem for society. The paying of criminals to rat on other criminals. They are turned into informants in order to get leniency for any charges that they may face. On top of that, they get paid quite well.

After a while, the FBI pressures the informants for results. They threaten to cut off the flow of cash so the informants make stuff up just to keep the paycheques coming in.

In this case the informant was always "flush with cash." I would bet willing to be that money came from the FBI.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by TheComte]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by TheComte]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join