It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Box Shaped UFO seen as a kid.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I first wanted to make this thread in RATS but I think that wouldn't do it justice.

So here it is on the normal board.

I wanted to make this thread for a while but first wanted to be settled in on ATS.

When I was a kid I was driving around with my parents, this was I guess somewhere in the summer of 1993.

When we drove near a forest I noticed something amazing, a big black cube hovering above the trees.

It was about 300 meters wide and I still have the image in my head.

So I made an impression lately of what I have seen.

My parents didn't see it because they weren't looking in that direction and never believed me.

I searched for similar cases and only found a few.

Topic; Strange Object seen by my wife

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one;

GIANT BOX-SHAPED UFO CROSSES SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN SKIES NEAR EDWARDS AFB

(UFO Reporting Center, March 12, 1988.) A pilot who was driving 40 miles east of Edwards Air Force Base in California today saw a huge box-shaped object glowing brilliant white in the afternoon sky. He called the FAA ARTCC at 2:00 p.m. and was told they had it on their radar. It had gone across their radar screens in just a single sweep. It made an instantaneous 90 degree turn while the witness was watching it. He estimated it was flying at 30,000 feet and was bigger than a 747. Contact Robert Gribble of the National UFO Reporting Center for more information, 206-722-3000.

Source;

http://j_kidd.tripod.com/b/122.html

This thing I have seen can't have been build by humans, and all small ufo's dont really impress me ever since.

I hope to find some more info and to inform people that not all ufo's are small flying saucers.

Maybe someday more people will show up and talk about their experience with seeing these amazing things.

GM

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Very interesting, I've never heard of boxed UFOs before. Do you remember seeing any windows or lights when you saw it? And what was the object's maneuvering, was it just floating there or did you see it fly in or out?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How long did you see it for? what color was it? What did you feel when you saw it? I probably would have thrown a #$%! fit and made them stop the car.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
it was just one massive non reflecting black block with no lights or windows and it was just hovering silently above the trees.
I only seen it about 3 to 5 seconds, and my parents didn't see it so they wouldn't pull over.

It was like nothing that could exist on this planet and I felt scared because of it's size.

I hope some more people on ATS have seen something similar and now can speak about their experience.

GM

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
well..maybe it was a glitch in our hologram ... lol haha no idea

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I saw something very similar quite recently, but it was stone color, not black. It looked like floating stone tower. This is a reconstruction of the object I saw:

The sighting is discussed in this thread.

WG3

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Cube or box shaped UFOs aren't completely unknown in reports, but they're certainly not what people usually see. I've only ever seen a more common black triangle UFO up close, a small silver sphere type several hundred feet up in the air, and some spot of light type UFOs that were extremely far away. I never saw the occupants of these objects, but I assume them to be extraterrestrial in origin.

The links below contain several "cube" and "box" shape sighting reports. Many of which are reported as being black. Do a text search on your web browser to find the specific reports on each page.

www.nuforc.org...
www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Frith]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Thanks, this one seems to be the closest to what I have seen.

www.nuforc.org...

I can believe the "It was like time stood still" comment, impressive to watch.

Nice to know they are seen more often.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
An experimental craft.
Some one in the Yahoo Group for the Tesla Flying Machine
might be trying to make one.

After all the triangle craft according to the graphic construction
based on witnesses of the Belgian triangle show a flat top and
bottom and sides.

If may not be able to speed off at any angle like a round saucer
can but you got to take the inadequacies once in awhile.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Interesting choice of shape for a craft. A cube isn't exactly what you would call aerodynamic. It's more mysterious than the regular disc shape craft that's for sure.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The suspension is not aerodynamic although Tesla said
he came to America to make an airplane.

A lot of what Tesla did after designing Niagara Falls for the
Illuminati was to support his aircraft development.

The dynamics of the forces will make a hover unmovable by
the wind as the craft controls the more basic forces of nature.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I've seen a UFO as well. 2, actually, at the same time. I stepped outside around midnight to have a smoke, looked up, and there were these 2 (I hate to say it) disc shaped 'craft' flying directly over my head. They both were glowing red, and moving parallel to eachother -- BUT one seemed to be oscillating back and forth like a sinus wave.

I think the odd movement could be attributed to a light mounted on the edge of the saucer and (hate to say this again) the object spinning, giving the appearance of it oscillating like a sinus wave. This is what I THINK, but I don't know for sure.

I have no idea how high they were, or how big (since I didn't know how high), but from where I was standing, they looked to be pretty damn close to earth, and while they weren't humongous, you could probably fit a school bus on top of one (at least).

It looked like they were moving on rails in the sky. They were perfectly parallel to each other, moving at the same rate. I watched them as long as I could, as they made a steady pass over my house and over the tree line. Then I could not see them anymore. The whole encounter lasted only a few seconds, but it's something I'll remember forever.

I'm not saying it was an alien piloted UFO. I think 3 things have to be present to be classified as a candidate for ET UFOs
1) Move silently (check)
2) Classic disc shape (check)
3) Able to make extreme accelerations or move very fast, and change directions on a dime while in flight (Did not see this!)

I live in Louisiana, Shreveport, about 20 minutes away from Barksdale AFB, so maybe the AF was doing something weird that night.

Still, it's something I'll never forget. I'd really like to know WHAT I saw.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think we all would like to know.
The theory that everyone has forgotten or never flew under
the radar of world events, that is went in for more than what
the news tells us and have enough luck in finding reasonable
answers, to reach a scientific technology that works as the
one Tesla always subscribed to.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
strange I found a case similar to yours.

ufoforums.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's a Borg cube, I say! (jk)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

my boyfriend described seeing the exact same object about 2 years ago, he described it as matt black, a perfect cube shape, with an orange hue at the bottom as though the streetlights were reflecting, he says there were no nuts or rivets, and said it was completely silent and flew really low over the houses, he dosn't really like talking about it much as you can imagine the average joes reaction, and he even questions what he saw himself . i have searched the net many times for similar sightings and yours is the closest to it i have found, we live in the uk by the way.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Flagged! It looks like this is an old thread but I believe it deserves more than just a couple flags so I'm bumping it up!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm thinking there's a spherical UFO inside. Maybe the UFO pilot is a collector. You know, UFOs could be worth a lot more down the road if you have the original box.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The shape suggest it does not have to worry about aerodynamics.
So i am thinking it might be dimensional, it is a very interesting shape for a craft.
maybe it wasnt a craft at al. Portal? Window in time?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would like to make a few notes first.

For a kick-off obvious problems in the matter; Your source is rather bad, the site is poorly constructed and by no means an original or reliable website.
Also, a single account oming from someone over 15 years ago of an observation mad in the child-years is somewhat shady to trust.

How-ever, I shall look past these two items and handle this case as viable since it gives me a chance to debate the shape of such a U.F.O.

Since it is box-chaped I would guess that if we were talking about make-believe, delirium or hoax that we could say it was taken from Star Trek in shich the Borg cubes appear frequently.

However, if we take a realistic approach and look for more viable sources of speculation I would say that it is similar in appearance of a monolith, thou one could remark that it is cube shaped and not a flat rectangle.

Cubes maximise the cargespace for anythink that is boxshaped and it has no real problem with spacetravel. I would guess it is a possibility.

But shapes like that are to abstract and difficult to manufactor. First of all, most races develop their space travel technology through a series of 'revolutions'. E.g. First two winged planes and triplewinged ones, then singlewinged, jet propelled and then spacecrafts bearing wings and even the rockets still bear wings necause they are needed. One would suggest that the wings will be gone in all spacefaring crafts that no longer reach planets but in that stage wings have become multi-purpose due to revolutionairy alterations.

If I were to make another example I would use Project Orion, a Nasa project of the late 50's and 60's. It proved that space travel was possible using a series of nuclear explosions. Now, ofcourse the project was officially closed, but a prototype spacecraft does exist that harnesses a series of nuclear explosions in a reinforced blastchamper using a modified tipped of conelike exhaust and a dampeningsystem with radiation shielding similar to that of the Colombia capsule used in the Moon landing of Apollo 11.
Anyhoo's that just basic background info, however, using the new modified and vastly more reliable nuclear charges one would still have a similar axhast and capsule but need a smaller blastchamer and the tipped of cone would be smaller making it narrower but still looking like its predecessor.

A box like ship would only be designed by a race if it were made from scratch disregarding all rules of previous designs and simply harnassing technology in a box like shape to fit the box rather then reverse. It is possible, but unlikely even when the race is horrible advanced.

Still, it does raise questions about space craft design, which is....fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join