It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome opens up underground wonders of the ancient world to tourists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Just a pitty the Vatican refuses to open its archives. Now that would be an interesting to visit.

How would you understand it, lol. It would be written in all old languages probably.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

And your point is? You do know alot of documents withheld by the Vatican has been translated
. And what makes you think I have not learned foreign languages including latin? You just presume i suppose.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Not to mention all the artifacts that they have managed to get there hands on over the years .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Agrees that would be interesting, to also find out how old there really are, documents or artifacts. Oh and also to find out any other scandals the church has covered up over the decades.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Just because you have translated text means nothing. I could write about my life today in english. Then in 200 years someone can translate into there language, and the messege would be totally lost. There is not enough words in language that can explain and tell people what life is and what people mean.

Remember one feeling, can be a million words.

All i am saying is that no matter if you could understand the language, does not mean you could understand the meanings of the words etc...

Things are far more complex.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Oh this just looks awesome. Out of all the places in the world Rome is one of the first places i would go to see art and history. It's great they're opening up all this stuff.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How could you leave us like that? I blame you protplasmictraveler for the end of the world as we know it. Oh and did I mention I feel fine?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jooka24
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How could you leave us like that? I blame you protplasmictraveler for the end of the world as we know it. Oh and did I mention I feel fine?

There was a new Temple to Bacchus and Bath House Dedication somewhere else? I was waiting for my credit file to repair itself? I got lost on the way to the corner store? I got kidnapped by space aliens? I was ducking my wife's divorce attorney? I fell asleep at a company picinic? I hit my head and got amnesia? My Volkswagen Micro-Bus broke down in the desert. I ran into Lola who walked like a woman and talked like a man? My dog got lost in the woods?

I must have got lost some where down the line...J. Giles, speaking to Kenneth on his own Frequency!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Trust me, I've been there countless times and there are a lifetime of things to study in the Vatican that are not hidden in the archives.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

Oh and shall I just take your word on it? No I donot think so. I would rather look myself. Thank you very much
Also Thank you to the Max for the private message, will certainly be looking for that book.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Laurauk]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join