It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush, Cheney Questioned About Sept. 11 Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were questioned behind closed doors for several hours by the 9/11 commission panel of 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans in relation to the 9/11 attacks.

Bush was braced for close questioning about his response to an Aug. 6, 2001, presidential intelligence memo entitled "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike In US." It said al Qaeda members were in the United States and that the FBI had detected suspicious patterns of activity "consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks."

Bush, Cheney Questioned About Sept. 11 Attacks

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney went behind closed doors Thursday to answer questions from members of the Sept. 11 commission who want to know how followers of Osama bin Laden managed to pull off the worst terrorist attack in American history.

The White House initially opposed the creation of the panel investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that killed some 3,000 people in New York City, Washington and Pennsylvania. Bush and Cheney agreed to answer questions jointly after sparring with the commissioners for months over ground rules for the meeting.

Bush faces the same challenge in the Oval Office session as he does on the campaign trail: convincing Americans that he responded appropriately to an intelligence system that CIA Director George Tenet said was ``blinking red'' with warnings of a terrorist strike.

Bush, Cheney Quizzed by Sept. 11 Panel

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Lies, lies and more lies. This isnt even under-oath

Its permission to lie. We arnt taping, putting you under-oath, and you two can get your stories right together.

Just tell us whatever you want, is what they are really saing

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
WASHINGTON - U.S. President George W. Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney are meeting with the Sept. 11 commission on Thursday to answer questions about their actions in the weeks before al-Qaeda hijacked four U.S. jetliners and used them to kill almost 3,000 people.

Bush, who resisted the independent commission's creation, would only agree to answer its questions with Cheney by his side, behind closed doors.

Neither man took an oath as the meeting got underway at the White House at 9:30 a.m. The meeting could go on as long as two hours.

9/11 commission queries Bush, Cheney

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Now in session in Oval Office at White House

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney are in session with the 9/11 commission in the Oval Office on Thursday morning, answering questions about a terrorist attack that has defined the Bush presidency.

White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and two members of his staff joined Bush and Cheney for the meeting, which has no firm timetable but is expected by senior White House officials to run until around 11:30 a.m. ET.

The entire 10-member bipartisan commission is attending the session in the Oval Office.

Bush and Cheney have spent several hours over the past few days preparing, aides said.

Bush, Cheney face 9/11 panel

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Joint, private testimony at the White House

WASHINGTON - In a joint appearance before the Sept. 11 commission, President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were being quizzed Thursday behind closed doors on the actions they took on that day and how they responded to pre-9/11 warnings.

The central question for members of the commission is, "What did the president know, and when did he know it?"

That question was made famous three decades ago during the Watergate hearings by Republican Senator Howard Baker Jr., but it is just as important today as officials seek to learn if the 9/11 attacks could have been prevented.

Bush, Cheney being questioned by 9/11 panel

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
WHITE HOUSE (AP) -- He's not going into any details but President Bush says he answered every question that was put to him Thursday by members of the federal commission looking into the 9/11 attacks.

Speaking to reporters in the Rose Garden after the more-than three-hour meeting, Bush wouldn't say what topics the commission focused on. But he described it as a "good conversation" and a "wide-ranging" one.

Bush says Vice President Cheney, who testified with him in the Oval Office, also answered all of the commission's questions.

Bush, Cheney face 9/11 panel's questions

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush said on Thursday he and Vice President Dick Cheney answered all the questions from the Sept. 11, 2001, commission during an extraordinary session of more than three hours.

Bush said after the session it was a cordial meeting that he hoped would help the Sept. 11 commission come up with recommendations for how to prevent future attacks.

Bush Says He Answered All Questions from 9/11 Panel

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
April 29 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush said his three-hour private meeting today with a bipartisan commission investigating intelligence failures before the Sept. 11 attacks was ``wide-ranging,'' and he answered every question asked.

``If we had something to hide we wouldn't have met with them in the first place,'' Bush told reporters at the White House after he and Vice President Dick Cheney met with the panel in the Oval Office. ``I wanted them to know how we set strategy, how we run the White House'' and deal with threats, Bush said.

``I was never advised by my counsel to not answer anything. I answered every question they asked,'' the president said.

Bush Says Talk With Sept. 11 Panel `Wide-Ranging, Important'

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The US president, George Bush, said today that he had a "good ... cordial" session with the panel investigating the September 11 attacks and that they had asked "a lot of good questions."
Mr Bush appeared behind closed doors with the panel alongside his vice-president, Dick Cheney. Later, in a brief press call at the White House, Mr Bush said he did not want to go into details of what was said but insisted "I answered every question they asked."

The White House initially opposed the commission's creation and Mr Bush and Mr Cheney only agreed to answer questions jointly after sparring with the commissioners for months over ground rules for the meeting.

Bush hails 'cordial' 9/11 session

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
how is it possible that the president of the USA goes to answer questions about 911 to this commission and not be UNDER OATH......that's like un invitation to lie...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think its ridiculous that they're not under oath. He's the President of the United States, not God for cryin out loud. The President is not above the law, how does he get away with speaking not under oath and behind closed doors? It boggles the mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting also the only documentable evidence the meeting even took place was handwritten notes only, by the panel members only. And those will remain under lock and key.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What questions were asked? What answers were given? Will FOI help, or will concerned citizens have to wait 30 years?

The 9/11 cover-up is no good. No good at all. I know more will be uncovered at ATS, no need to be confused about editorial policy there.

9/11 is alive and well as conspiracy subject matter, over 3000 people of many nationalities and backgrounds are not and answers are still required.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am SO HAPPY that many of you noticed that the dynamic duo were not under oath. INDEED, it was an invitation to lie and you can be sure good ol' tricky dick cheney lied his butt off with his usual crooked smirk. like Bush said himself, "Dick did most of the talking". Yes, I am sure he did, buddy. You'd spoil the whole enterprise you're trying to defend if you opened your mouth.

it was insulting enough to the families who have suffered losses from 911 that the meetings were behind closed doors, but the fact that they were not under oath is a direct slap in the face of all concerned american people. this is supposed to be admitted as testimony, is it not? what the heck kind of hearing is this? yes... I know the answer... but it's wrong!

but don't worry. go back to bed america. get drunk america. forget about this. shutup already with all the stupid questions. the facts aren't important, america. go back to bed.

yes, i am being sarcastic with that previous paragraph.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not much different from one of Saddam's old meetings!

Say what you want and everyone will be happy!

This is scary..........

He can do whatever he wants, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
I think its ridiculous that they're not under oath. He's the President of the United States, not God for cryin out loud. The President is not above the law, how does he get away with speaking not under oath and behind closed doors? It boggles the mind.

It does in fact boggle the mind. It almost seems as if they do indeed have something to hide. Not testifiying under oath, and no "official" record of the testimony other than hand written notes. Very suspicious.

Also the fact that they spend several hours on previous day "preparing" for this. Basically I take that as, "Look Dick, you talk, I'll follow your lead". Those two are like fart and sniff, if you know what I mean...

new topics

top topics

join