It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US of A ~Broke & broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are a number of forums this topic would fit in, how ever it fits best in here because it pertains to both education and media. Recently Obama announced the US was out of money, the fact is we have been out of money since the federal reserve.

This isn't about the federal reserve, it is about how our past leaders continued to propagate the misuse and abuse of the public trust.

Following are some examples of this and a reasonable means to correct it.

Source US budget FY 2004

• Global Military Spending (in billions, per year)

After 9/11 US spending on anti-terrorism appropriately rose, but the budget still includes nuclear and other weapons designed to fight the Cold War. Former Admirals, Generals and Pentagon officials agree that the US can safely reduce the Pentagon budget 15% ($60 billion)

**USA and Allies: $664 total, $401 USA/$263 Allies
Russia: $50
China: $51
*Axis of evil: $7

* With Iraq under US control, Axis countries now include Iran, N Korea

**Pentagon budget doesn't include the cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars.
We now know this figure to be in the trillions for those two conflicts

• Federal Spending

Selected Programs, in billions, per year

*Pentagon: $401
Children's Health: $41
K-12 education: $34
Humanitarian Foreign aid: $10
Head Start: $7
Reduce reliance on oil: $2

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad by reducing obsolete Cold War weapons and investing 15% of the Pentagons budget in:

Provide Head Start for all eligible US kids- $2 billion/yr

Provide healthcare for all uninsured US kids- $13 billion/yr

Rebuild Americas schools over 10 years- $12 billion/yr

Achieve energy independence with clean technology- $8 billion/yr

Feed all of the worlds starving children- $ 25 billion/yr

*Pentagon budget figure doesn't include the cost of the Iraq and Afghan Wars

This post is similar to one I posted years ago, few members may recall it, it is obvious the government hasn't changed things since then. In fact the spending only got worse and the problem made worse.

The government knew what is was doing before, and presidents of the past have made promises. People voted for them in vain, and now the mistakes have compounded so bad there is a serious problem which should have never occured.

Yet out sourceing continues, and foreign nations own more of the USA than the USA does....

When will people listen to reason and be rational....if history repeats...never.

As an Ambassador of TrueMajority.org I urge every one who reads this to keep the above in mind.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Selected Programs, in billions, per year
*Pentagon: $401 ...
Reduce reliance on oil: $2

How ironic the difference in spending here!
When reducing our dependance on oil should pretty much
all but eliminate the need FOR a pentagon!

I hear a giant sucking sound coming from america's wallet!
Everybody loves a taxpayer! (except the taxpayer of course!)
S & F

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow I knew the mismanagement of money was bad, but that is worse than I thought
. The good old USA we don't want to spend money teaching kids, but we will drop million dollar bombs on clay huts
If we spent all the money we do on war improving peoples lives instead of destroying them just imagine how drastically different the world would be... easily something out of the movies.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
USA still has great capacity and the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Sometimes failure is the spur we need for greatness.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Inadvertently again, a past point has been made.

Look at this thread as an example, serious issues with very possible changes possible. Yet minimal interest by the majority because it is real world. Most people want to continue living in "their" world instead of focusing on the actual world around them.

If they still have the couch, tv and internet they can continue to "Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen" .

Because that is what is being done, conforming and consuming.

We as a people can make a difference, we the people have the authority not the federal government. They only have what authority we the people allow them to have as a privilege of office. An office we the people allow them to fill as long as they maintain that office in the peoples best interest, that is you and me, we, the people.

How can we expect the world to maintain the lost American view?
America is not the nation we inherited from our grandparents, let alone our parents. I was born into the Carter administration, remember Reagan and am seeing what will be the sixth president in my lifetime so far.

I was raised hearing from my elders to "buy American", and taught what communists were. Know the difference between a salad fork and a normal dinner fork, as well as where they are set.

Point being, our grand parents remembered a different America from their child hood and tried to remind us what it took to keep that America. Ask any senior citizen about what they think of the USA today. It is not the USA, not as it should be and can be. But not unless we the people make that stand together.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
With the renewed interest in government spending and misappropriations, I wanted to take the time and remind our fellow ATSers and lurkers, that there is a viable beginning to a solution.

History only repeats, because we let it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The truth be told,I hear a lot of how people are fed up with current situation and talk about how they should confront our leaders ,working with many young students and older retired as well,I'm afraid it's all hot air,I've seen how they are in fear of saying anything or disagreeing with our supposed leaders,face it majority in US will run like scared rabbits at the mere thought of confrontation,I'm sorry to say we are destine to be slaves makes me sad how most now days are eager for handouts,when I was young I was taught that it was an embarrasement to recieve handouts when you are able bodied,my parents are rolling in their graves,we are experiancing the US being taken from us before our very eyes,oh well I'm old I'll die soon

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

It is a shame, too bad the majority wasn't more awake to the situation.

Eventually there will be a change, let us just hope it is for the better.

top topics

join