It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: UFO Sightings In Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
UFO Fever has griped Iran as people all over the country report seeing flying saucers and strange lights. Even colorful UFO's have been spotted in some northern regions beaming colorful lights to the ground.

Yahoo News
Newspapers and agencies reported people rushing out into the streets in eight towns on Tuesday night to watch a bright extraterrestrial light dipping in and out of the clouds.

An airforce officer in the Revolutionary Guards was quoted in the reformist Vagha-ye Etefaghiyeh daily saying Iran's Supreme National Security Council should investigate whether these visitors from afar had hostile intent.

Related News
UFO fever grips Iran
Flying Saucer Fever Grips Iran, Theories Abound

Up-to-Date Google News Search
Click to Search Google News

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sounds like America circa: 1947 - 1958... This is worth watching closely. I am curious about the "is it the US spying on the Islamic state?" bit...

m...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Could it be on eof our top secret aircraft that has been reverse engineered from Alien technology. I would not doubt it, Could they be searching for Bin Laden?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It could be US or another nation spying on them with secret technology, hince Unidenified Flying Objects.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
It could be US or another nation spying on them with secret technology, hince Unidenified Flying Objects.

That's the first thing I thought of too. I tried searching for some other news sites that might have these drawings of what's being seen, couldn't find any.

I know they'll be shown sooner or later.

As always, it will probably also be debunked as some military operation or something, but at least it's making national headlines for now !

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
this was posted in another thread by Mikomi,
I thought it tied in with this discussion too :

I've said it before but I'll say it again with documents I have read it has said that everytime the goverment does something the Aliens don't like or don't want to happen then they make themselves seen to the public on purpose. Also if the goverment doesn't state there existance then get themselves seen more and more until they reveal themselves....I read something that said sightings have increased lately

Maybe the Aliens are upset with us and the war in Iraq and now they're making thier trips there to be seen ?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's just Venus!!! You know mainstream press will always give the debunker the last word...

He said what people reported was consistent with the planet Venus, whose intense light in its current position would be given different hues by being filtered through the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's just Venus!!! You know mainstream press will always give the debunker the last word.

Venus is so brite I can see how people associated it with Jesus(morning star). Im sure its briter in the middle east also.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I read that and have trouble believing so many can mistake our celestial sister as a space craft. Wasnt that one of the excuses in MIB when they zap someone " ...you saw some swamp gas refracting the light from Venus..."

Hopefully some pics will surface until then I have trouble believing Venus is the UFO.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yep, you're right jrod. Almost all people on the planet see Venus (except the blind and those in heavy urban areas) their whole life, it's sound just silly to think that they would mistaken it for a UFO.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, we began to experience UFO sightings when we made it to the atomic age. Could this be a sign that Iran nuclear program has advanced to the point of ultimate danger?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Don't forget that is not the 1st time UFO's have been reported in Iran. They have a well documented case from 1976. It was confirmed by radar,air force jets, and people on the ground.

The following is from a 3-page message, released on August 31, 1977, via the Defense Intelligence Agency:

This report forwards information concerning the sighting of a UFO in Iran on 19 September 1976.

A. At about 1230 A.M. on 19 Sep.76 the (deleted) received four telephone calls from citizens living in the Shemiran area of Tehran saying that they had seen strange objects in the sky. Some reported a kind of bird-like object while others reported a helicopter with a light on. There were no helicopters airborne at that time.

After he told the citizens it was only stars and had talked to Mehrabad Tower, he decided to look for himself. He noticed an object in the sky similar to a star bigger and brighter. He decided to scramble an F-4 from Shahrokhi AFB to investigate.

B. At 0130 hrs on the 19th the F-4 took off and proceeded to a point about 40 NM north of Tehran. Due to its brilliance, the object was easily visible from 70 miles away. As the F-4 approached a range of 25 NM, he lost all instrumentation and communications (UHF and intercom). He broke off the intercept and headed back to Shahrokhi. When the F-4 turned away from the object and apparently was no longer a threat to it, the aircraft regained all instrumentation and communications. At 0140 hrs a second F-4 was launched. The backseater acquired a radar lock on at 27 NM 12 o'clock high position with the VC (rate of closure) at 150 NMPH. As the range decreased to 25 NM the object moved away at a speed that was visible on the radar scope and stayed at 25 NM.
ufocasebook.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i agree about it not being Venus.... As Venus would stay in the sky... not fly off.... anyway, Anyone know where to find the pics and video? I read it all over the net, but cannot find it anywhere.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Drudge even picked this article up. Must be a slow news day for him.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Well, we began to experience UFO sightings when we made it to the atomic age.

Wrong!!! I've repeatedly posted paintings and pictures from before 1940 (even before the bronze age) with flying saucers in them here on the forum.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Flying Saucer Fever Grips Iran, Theories Abound
Wed Apr 28,12:55 PM ET Add Science - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Christian Oliver

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Is Iran about to be invaded by little green men or are the Americans racing through the night sky in spaceships to spy on the Islamic Republic?
Flying saucer fever has gripped Iran after dozens of sightings in the last few days. Fanciful cartoons of alien spacecraft have adorned the front pages.
State television on Wednesday showed a sparkling white disc it said was filmed over Tehran on Tuesday night.

More colorful Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) have been spotted beaming out green, red, blue and purple rays over the northern cities of Tabriz and Ardebil and in the Caspian Sea province of Golestan, the official IRNA news agency reported.
Newspapers and agencies reported people rushing out into the streets in eight towns on Tuesday night to watch a bright extraterrestrial light dipping in and out of the clouds.

An airforce officer in the Revolutionary Guards was quoted in the reformist Vagha-ye Etefaghiyeh daily saying Iran's Supreme National Security Council should investigate whether these visitors from afar had hostile intent.
But Sa'dollah Nasiri-Qeydari, head of the Astronomical Society of Iran, told Reuters the stories were unfounded.
"In my opinion, flying saucers do not exist," he said, insisting his telescopes would have picked up invaders from outer space.
"The people who have seen these things are not experts - farmers, villagers and pilots," he added.
He said what people reported was consistent with the planet Venus, whose intense light in its current position would be given different hues by being filtered through the atmosphere.

Sorry had to post it. It does sound like a line from 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' though doesn't it?
Maybe the US Millitary think that Iran is backward enough to believe they're really UFO's ... Or They really are UFO's coming here to create a Peace alliance with all people's of the Earth - like that twilight zone episode where all the Nations of Earth finally Create a Peace Alliance only to find out the Alien Beings wanted the opposite effect.. i forget how it ends but it was very interesting

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Check it out here!!!

www.wtnh.com...

It looks like a round circle. But now I don't really know what it is...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here is a screen capture off a tape I took of Venus April 2nd while experimenting with my video camera's low-light and digital zoom features. The quality is poor in my still shot; it looks much better on the tape.

My picture:

The image from the story:

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Spectre]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is another image...

join