It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Rat !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
my neighbor brought home a dog from south america, well atleast what they thought was a little dog. it killed and started eating there other little dog that had been in the family approaching twenty years. they took their new dog to the vet and he told them it was a rat, but that it was not native to the part of south america they visited.

That is seriously one messed up story!
I wonder how much they paid for it? Rats are nasty animals, for sure!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have seen rats as big, if not a little bigger. I used to work at this produce company, and the rats would come and rampage in the dumpster, and also the area outside of the warehouse, where they stored the wooden boxes. Anyhow some of the workers there made spears out of long sticks, like from a shovel or something, and screw drivers or ice pics for the tips. Well they used to sneak up on the dumpster and spear them inside. It wasn't really my bag, I dont like to kill things, especially animals.

But even so, I hate the rats. So I dont feel that bad for them, even though I hate the idea of spearing them. So my friend Dougy, he likes guns and has alot of them. He would go up to the warehouse at night and shoot them. This was dangerous work, because Ma lives in a house right next to the warehouse. Ma is Fat Tony's mother, and Fat Tony is the guy who runs the warehouse.

Now that I think of it, I should go back to the warehouse and get their pictures. Maybe I will on Monday.

So when Dougy would shoot his gun at the rats at night, we would have to get out of there really quick, because we knew Ma would call the police when she heard the gun shots. Then the next day we would show up for work and look around and see if he got any.

This one time I pulled up to the warehouse, and I seen this big ass rat in the garbage. The thing just looked at me, didnt get excited or anything and just turned around and waddled off. It wasn't worried about me in the least. I could have shot that one easy. That thing was easily as big as a fat cat. A really fat cat.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I remember a story from my youth. The two guys were walking past the washateria and one was from the Bronks. The other was from anywhere USA. As they walked by, the one from anywhere asked the one from the Bronks what that big dog with the long tail was doing on the dryer. The Bronks guy looked at him and said, "Ahh, that's just a mouse!"

BTW, I wasn't kidding when I said I saw the Nutira rats. Those suckers hang around the area here. You have to see one in the wild to believe it. They are big.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
my neighbor brought home a dog from south america, well atleast what they thought was a little dog. it killed and started eating there other little dog that had been in the family approaching twenty years. they took their new dog to the vet and he told them it was a rat, but that it was not native to the part of south america they visited.

sorry, man. Urban Legend: Hairless dog = sewer rat

II have personally seen some rats that would weigh in at three pounds, no problem. They were fat from eating the zoo animals' food and snacking on the visitor trash, too. There was a local news item here about Louisiana government encouraging people to eat nutria. I can't decide if I would try it or not. Mmm, nutria

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by icelid

Maybe it was a opossum. I see one of these every few days on my paper route. They definitely get as big as cats. The tails make them look like giant rats. I've looked at a dead one and they have some nasty razor teeth.

If it was one of these, they kind of hobble when they run. Like they have a gimp or something. Or a fat little dog.

Definately not a rat!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Originally living in Louisiana, I can vouch and say how horrible those darn Nutria RATS are.

We used to live by a large gulley and these things inhabited it. They weren�t just in the gulley � they were around nearly all water sources. The town 'issued' Nutria hunting license to try and curve their population.

It didn't work.

Their population seemed to double the more they were killed. Eventually they mysteriously died off, only a few were left. We all thought they were poisoned but the local vet couldn't find any poison in their bodies or in the gulley water. I called it a blessing and a curse all in one� more of a blessing than a curse though

We moved out of Louisiana in about 1992, moved to Mississippi. I thought I would never see a Nutria rat again... heh, nope. In about 2001, I went and got some Taco Bell with some friends. In one of the drainage ditches by the Taco Bell, I saw two HUGE (about 4-5 feet long) moving objects. They were Nutria rats... DAMN NUTRIA RATS. At least I know what Taco Bell uses in their burritos

Chi

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Dude, it's the forkin' R.O.U.S.es! (Rodents Of Unusual Size)

C'mon, am I the only Princess Bride fan here?

Ipa

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
South American Capybara is the largest rat I think??

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
I live in NYC...and believe me...we have plenty of rats thats size....i doubt the rats killed any of them...rats generally run away at the site of animals...even our human friendly city rats...

me too lol ive seen em at my moms resuatruant....you cant catch those with mouse traps you actually need to call an exterminatory with poison gas and stuff.....i killed one before i bought a bear trap and got him...unfortunatly it kinda crushed him in half too lol

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
when you say the size of a cat do you mean like the body big or tall as a cat?

im glad we dont have that many rats and so big rats in Denmark....

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have a pet rat named Wendy, therefore rats hold a special place in my heart.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My uncle used to work for North West Water in England. He was responsible for making sure clean and sewage water moved freely through its systems. His team would coat the walls of the ducts with some kind of anti-friction gel. There would be a team of 8 guys, 4 to apply and maintain the gel and 4 to 'tackle' the 'Dog rats'. It was an extremly well paid job. He said that though they are shy and avoid contact at all costs above ground, in the sewages it was a different story entirely. He said that the 'tacklers' wasted countless numbers of these rats, but sometimes the numbers were so overwhelming that 'gas' was used. (dunno what sort though).

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunter 825
Okay im a little freaked out by this i am not a big fan of rats especially ones the size of fricking cats!

Wow! Thats a small cat.

Sorry, I couldn't pass this one up.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
we had a chinese restaurant near my college which was shut down because they found out they were killing peoples pets and using them for food.

So maybe if theres a suspicious new restaurant in town its who killed the animals.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
During Chicago;s stockyard heyday you'd see rats about the size of small Chihuahuas or big cats. It got to be a major problem in Chicago. In some deep, dark alleys you'll still find the BEWARE OF RATS posters they used to hang up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join