It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life and what it is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Hello again

Right, so what brought my brain to be? Thousands of years fo evolution. Those that did not have minds that questioned phenomina/ did not ask questions, simply remained too stagnant to survive. Our brains developed by hunting. Think about it, those that could not catch food didnt eat and died. Those that thought of traps, projectile weaponry etc were the ones who caught food and propagated.

Therefore, our mind is consistently questioning and curious because it is the nature of the brain. Hence, it is difficult to meditate.

I like you ideology, that we are an expression of IT, that we are a question which is answered through the interaction within this reality.

I do not agree because if it were that simple surely we would know the question(s) we each individually had to ask? Secondly, there are subject matters, for example maths. There tends to be more than one person who asks the same question, so im not entirely sure how this "question" that we are is unique in anyway?

I agree that the highest contentment is found within oneself. Self-realization. Psychology also agree's here as well

Get back to me

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Also, what is life? I'd say that life is experience. Those that cannot experience are not alive. For example, Tree Vs Dog. A tree gorws with nutrients, sunlight and so on...a dog, whilst eating and sustaining itself also experiences, makes choices, responds actively to stimuli.

A tree does respond to sunlight, i.e. grows toward the light. However, this is only due to auxin. Therefore, the act of moving toward the sunlight isnt "active", rather a passive action. However, you put a food near a dog for example, if hungry the dog will actively walk toward the food and eat it.

See where im going with this?

Any creature / organism that can experience has a soul.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

yes its logical i mean if you look at the function of the brain

what is it? what is the brain? its yes yours but so like a tree you work correct?

A tree is life also? so how can we work out what a tree in fact is doing?

well we say.. the life of a tree is the same yes? as humans? well no not the same as humans

We have a different function as humans
yes we do

what is it? well its to keep the entire thing you are in going by answering ITs question

that is why it is confusing ! you see nature is not the same as humans tho granted they do ask questions but not on the same level as humans for you guys and me have another role

self replication! of IT

so we can deduce from this that we live inside a question

that is why we do not and will never know why we are here

what is the affect of this? as proof? infinity
this is me and you understanding that the very question you ask is a reflection of one

symmetry

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I do understand this but then, what you miss is the LIFE part is not about just being a cat or a dog or a tree its the very function of what put them ALL here

How would something create the very thing the are all in essence "life"

you see? death and life are the same but life is just another side of a question

i do not like to use matrix movie because its not based on the same thing but you are 1 and death is 0 but from both in order to get the other would require 0 1 , you can not get LIFE from nothing so we know life must come from some place correct? so be for you was even here LIFE was always going to BE here as it was the thing it came from

the question is always in order much like the life you have and the death and being born!

for its both

IT made LIFE AND DEATH not you or me we are just what makes it work

Humility helps a lot

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

So am i just an extension of IT or a unique being, whose designed purpose is to fit in and ask questions for IT ?

Secondly, looking at this from a nature perspective. If everything is as designed as you imply, why is it there is unbalance evident throughout our world, species becoming extinct, rise in pollution, floods caused by our deforestation etc.

Cheers!

Brad

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

because that is the question you face

everything you see is being asked i just hope "for me included" its the right answer

the other answer is not so good "blackness is not as good" as life tho granted other life will come of it but its not the same is it really

most of the crap tho does come from lack of understanding and not IT.. its a bit strange really well in fact its not its just how it is

You see YOU like me give it answers but for us to do that we need to be same as IT "function wise"

this is the reason for pattens but! the self aware part is very much you

You are your own person by the very nature of you asking, that's why you and me can never know

and i know its a bit hard to take in but its just being here that's good

You very creation gives rise to every emotion

are they your own? well some are, but not all

Some are questions or the lack of understanding them shall we say

science is and was a gift to understand not question, you do via questions get answers but the tool is science "method" correct?

different levels of questions but we are not asking
IT is

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I like this...and you seem to have understood...althought you are being a bit cryptic...why not come out and say that ego/mind is the barrier to the realization that you are pointing to, and that realization is that you are the ground from which all manifests--an infinite nothingness. The only way to experience this is simply by resting in it, and this can only be done in the present, in the now...as tolle likes to say.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What is the Nature of IT? In this circumsance, IT isnt as most religions would like us to believe, All-Powerful, All-Knowing, All-Loving. We are merely extensions of it in unique different forms. As we come to self-realization, so does IT?

The Ego, a definite barrier. Then what is personality? Its rather scary when you think our personality is just a front, manifested from our experiences, expectations, social norms etc.

At the end of the day, what makes you unique?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

I do not need to be cryptic please understand that im just like you "alive" with in the function of life

Granted i understand but this does not make me any "better" than you or the tree or the dog or the "whatever" does it?

No it does not

and in way yes you are correct the human ego only comes from lack of understanding that is all

gives rise to wars sadly

But as i stated the entire human race will face the answer we all seek in due time

and its not the biblical Armageddon but it will be a choice weather we like it or not.

was it your choice to be here? was its LIFE choice to make all you understand as the functions of it?

would be very interesting if you did

because i dont.. but then again i never asked

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

correct my friend IT does not know why IT is here

Thats why we are here
!!

great i think
many questions many answers! lets keep on answering them

because the final out come for life is to become that blackness you call death

for we will become the very question and others in time will ask why and we dont know why

haha comical but keeps it all going !!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

How do we know that IT isnt an expression from an even higher form of "IT", that has created the "IT" who created us, to act a self realization tool for "IT"?

Cheers

Brad

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

well that is the part i do not know or care to know i just know how it works on my own level of understanding..

old adage, some answers your not meant to know.. and we ain't meant to know that!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why arent we meant to know certain answers?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

if you did then you would become IT

that is not how the game works

you cant ask if you already know

logic ?)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

so knowledge really is power

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All questions are to be answered.

Anyone who thinks that they are here for a reason must be a theist - someone/something must thereby have designed that reason. I refuse to accept that my path is mapped out for me. Ultimately, if my path is marked out, what would be the point in existence?

The point is the same for original sin, reincarnation or any other theistic argument. It is scary to realize that we are all just an assemblage of chemical and biological processes. Anything further is just ego and control.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

i can understand your view

who or what made your life yours?

and feel free to shrug your shoulders

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
All questions are to be answered.

Anyone who thinks that they are here for a reason must be a theist - someone/something must thereby have designed that reason. I refuse to accept that my path is mapped out for me. Ultimately, if my path is marked out, what would be the point in existence?

The point is the same for original sin, reincarnation or any other theistic argument. It is scary to realize that we are all just an assemblage of chemical and biological processes. Anything further is just ego and control.

Being a theist doesnt mean your path is mapped out for you? Where did you draw this conclusion? Therefore, until you can justify your first statement, I will not answer "what would be the point of my existance?".

Secondly, original sin. You are taking a literalist view of the bible. I support a liberal/symbollic understanding.

Cheers,

Brad

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Life is what you make it.

For me though...I believe there is not an answer to '"life". If there was, we would all be headed towards the same direction.

Instead, we can do what we want. The reason we have free will is because we have no idea where we are supposed to go.

And that free will is what makes us happy. We like being happy.

I believe there is a logical answer to everything in life but life itself.

Could we just be part of something much bigger, and be the creator of something much smaller? I mean seriously...the size of a single human compared to the entire universe is something no one can truly put into perspective.

Want to know something funny? I have poison ivy all over my body, my eyes are swelling up, and I can barely even type this without having a nervous breakdown...yet I still love life. I do not understand how some people can ever be unhappy for such long periods of time.

What is life? Me sitting here listening to Led Zeppelin.

Or as the saying goes..."Whatever it is, it tastes good as hell."

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Led Zeppelin.

Now that's what im talking about !!

Life is an answer

this is my point really most people think life is about humans when its about ALL life and what its job is in this crazy thing we are in

function!

stair way to heaven seems fitting hehehe

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join