It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of US Soldiers Waterboarding Prisioner in Vietnam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
I wonder why JFK never said anything about giving the North Vietnamese soldiers full U.S. Constitution rights and the privileges guaranteed with those rights? You would think he would've after seeing the indiscriminate torture inflicted by the U.S. in pictures like this. Funny how times change, don't they?

I doubt it as he was president for only 3 of the 16 years this war went on. It didn't really get ratcheted up until after he was dead.

You are right. This picture was published 5 years after he died. Found this.

A U.S. soldier in Vietnam holds down a Vietcong suspect as an interpreter pours water on his face. (Bettmann/Corbis)

The picture at the top of this column, first printed on the front page of the Sunday Washington Post on Jan. 21, 1968, pretty much illustrates his story.

The caption under the photo, credited to United Press International, reads, in full:

A U.S. soldier and South Vietnamese interpreter hold down a Vietcong suspect during questioning as another interpreter pours water on a towel covering his face. This induces a fleeting sense of suffocation and drowning meant to make him talk. The incident occurred near DaNang Jan. 17.

Souce.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
ok, this is waterboarding ... then what is chinese water torture... ?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
ok, this is waterboarding ... then what is chinese water torture... ?

Not positive, but I thought that was when they strap you down and drip water onto your forehead for days.

Your in a room and hear and feel nothing except the same water drop, over and over and over.

<< 1   >>

join