It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for an MMORPG?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The MMO I am thinking of, would be mainly an MMORPG actually, going through many Game, and Movie Franchises, or "Universes". The Gameplay may be like WoW, but have its own uniqueness to it.

The following I think would be good universes to add:

World of Warcraft
Resident Evil: 4 & 5 areas
Nightmare Before Christmas
Terminator Future
Star Wars
Left 4 Dead (yeah I said it
)
Final Fantasy 7

There could be expansions of new universes or so.

Character choosing is a much wider variety, from looking like an anime character, Tauren, Jedi, Machine, or even a monster from Nightmare.

Or maybe this could be a major expansion for WoW...

Idc I wanted to share

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As rediculous as it may be, I'm still waiting for a real Poke'mon MMO.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Now that you've mention it... Why didn't they make an MMO? lol

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Yeah, it'd work wouldn't it?

They pretty much have the setting for it already.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

yep, I can't wait til they actually say something!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
There is a pokemon MMORPG! www.pokemonworldonline.net... not sure how good it is though haha!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The one I was so looking forward to was canceled. it's been over a year now so i'm trying to remember the name; "God's and Heroes" maybe? It all revolved around the Roman empire which totally appeals to me.

There needs to be a new style of MMO that's different from the rest but i'm not too much of an out side of the box thinker

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I want a proper survival-horror game that is a sort of MMO.

A persistent outbreak of zombies or something like that with real people playing civilians simply trying to survive.

The teamwork etc. required would make it a fun game I think, if it managed to draw in a mature crowd.

Not the kind of zombie game where you shoot everything that moves, reload and repeat. The kind that you might be lucky to have a pistol with 4 bullets, or a piece of metal.

You spend more time securing safe-houses and fleeing rather than fighting.

There was a browser-based zombie game like that a few years back, I can't remember it's name. There was players who would band together and secure buildings etc. and you could find writing on walls to help you make your way to safe locations.

EDIT: Found it, and it is still going. Urban Dead

Another group of players were zombies and made things difficult for you.

Something like that would be awesome.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
How about a Starcraft MMO? I'm already begin to get tired of fairy-tale looking toons of WoW

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
the next "big thing " will be old republic -star wars have any of you seen the previews for that yet? anyways if you were to add wow with materia from ff7 and maybe some resident evil style story line (not gameplay) mixed with maybe some justice league i would think you have a game.
personally i liked it when marvel vs capcom came out, i still love that game

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I want a Paranoia MMO

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They should make an MMORPG based on the Palladium RIFTS game.

Think about it, you could be a Super Hero/Villain, pilot a Mech, be a Wizard, play a Dragon, a Vampire, I mean there are literally thousands of Races and Classes in that game. Sure, you couldn't include them all (but think of expansion capability!).

Not to mention, an expansion could simply be any of a myriad of RIFTs.....

They'd make a killing...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I like the idea of your multi genre MMO, something as massive as that would be epic. Though, I fear its truly unobtainable under the current development time frames. By the time the game was created, it would be out of date, so to speak. A game of that size would literally take over half a decade to develop and test.

This is why WoW did so well. It had perfect timing when it was released, right at the fall of Everquest and the vacuum that followed it of MMO gamers looking for something new, and well before anyone else even had a comparable product on the horizon (FFxi was it only major title competition). Blizzard was just visionary in the development and release of this title, as their 11 million person player base proves. It was like a perfect storm, even more fitting that it was Blizzard who captured this storm.

FFXVI has been rumored to be in the works for many years now, and it still has a year to go untill its released. This is a game that is building on mechanics already in FFxi - and still its taking many years to develop.

While I would love to see something that is that wide scale as the OP is hoping for, there is examples right now, that prove that this kind of broadness for a MMO really doesn't work.

Have a look at Vanguard. Its a game that, in reality, is basically what you are describing minus that Star Wars side of things.

www.mmorpg.com...

Imagine a vast, detailed world of swords and sorcery, of dragons and knights, of fiery swords and chests overflowing with treasures a world in which a myriad of sentient races and creatures, many of whom players will be able to base a character on, live and affect change. A place where players can follow very different paths of advancement, including assuming the roles of adventurers, crafters and merchants.
Characters will not only own buildings and vehicles, but they will also whisper into the ears of kings, manipulate the hand of justice, and change the direction of history. They will make their mark on a world we initially create but they ultimately shape and form.
Players will experience settings ranging from enjoying a drink in a tavern to walking through the streets of a bustling city. They will travel with trade caravans across deserts and they will fight pirates on the high seas. They will ascend the highest peak in the land and also explore the depths of eerie dungeons...
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will be the premier third generation massively multiplayer RPG. A vast, seamless, immersive virtual world filled with elements of familiar High Fantasy, including traditional themes and more, all depicted using cutting-edge graphics technology. Sigil's expertise and experience in the field will bring groundbreaking static and dynamic content to the genre. Vanguard will build upon the successes and strengths of earlier MMOGs to improve popular game mechanics and features, but also address these pioneering games mistakes and deficiencies. Vanguard will focus heavily on interdependence, challenge, and reward, while simultaneously addressing tedious and annoying issues, including camping, excessive downtime and more.

The game, though improved now, had a TERRIBLE release and almost died shortly after, forcing Sony to take over from Sigil.

I think Vanguard will be used in the industry as a model on how not to build a MMO. Its too generic, too wide open, too unfamiliar and too broad to get the attention of a healthy fan base. At the very least, this type of MMO format has yet to be done successfully in the eyes of the average MMO fan/critic.

I do welcome some company to come along and try to improve on it, no question there.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by MrSmith]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind seeing a MMO based on the concepts of GTA, basically get to live out either a life of crime or perhaps have the flip side be law enforcement or maybe just straight survival. Of course the vision I have for such a game is so crude, foul and generally socially unacceptable that no company in their right mind (including Rockstar) would ever touch it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I think they are developing that exact game. Looks brutal from what I saw, sorry I can't for the life of me remember what it is called.

Still I think that the Paranoia MMO would be awesome, especially for people on this site. If I were a game developer I would make it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I fail to see how Houses would work well on the MMORPG scale. It was fine back in the Ultima days, but now sure how it would hold up with today's subscription base and high-demand (technology-wise) games....

Guildhouses, would likely be a better first step there... In EQ, there were lots of little secret and undeveloped areas of the Dark Elf city (if you knew where to go, such as swimming up a waterfall, hehe...), and we had a very awesome impromptu guildhouse, but would have been neat to have one where only guild members could enter.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Its called Crimecraft

www.mmorpg.com...

Crimecraft, billed as a Persistent World Next-gen Shooter is an upcoming MMO from the folks at Vogster. The game takes place on modern day Earth in Sunrise City, a place where rival gangs and various other criminals battle for control. mechanically, the game is a mix between an online shooter and an RPG.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
FPS MMO

Kinda like fallout three only cooler and mm

new topics

top topics

join