It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hi y'all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to share my feelings and see if anyone else feels the same.

My whole life I have been wondering what the heck I am here for and what I am supposed to be doing with my life? I am out of phase with what's happening in mainstream TV, magazines etc. They just have no importance to me, seeming contrived, empty and shallow.

I feels like I am waiting for something really big to happen... like it's not happened yet, but once it does I will know what to do? I find myself drawn to conspiracy sites and the like, and I almost find myself willing for some huge cataclysm to make sense or bring completion to this gnawing feeling of waiting.

If you have any thoughts, please feel free to throw in your two cents?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by the camera eye

Well firstly welcome to ATS friend, I am glad you made the leap from lurker to member

About your feelings, this happens to everyone. And alot of people these days feel as though there is something churning, something that's been in the works for a very long time.

And you're right. The world is ripe for revolution. Whether it be religious, political, spiritual, there will be some drastic changes in the next couple of decades I can promise you.

Just be the best person you can be and try to decipher the web truths , wrapped in lies.

I certainly look forward to your contributions.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ohhh, we have a good one here.

WELCOME!

Yes, that feeling is in many of us here. We come for answers, seeking the truth but just find more questions to be told.

Something is brewing my friend.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah i think the answers will come soon. It may not be what your looking for but i think it will all make sense in a matter of time. I assume that when whatever happens finally does everyone is going to be like ohhh.... that makes sense, kinda. There is no doubt in my mind that the world will change for the better just when it comes will you be ready?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This feeling you speak of, it too has drawn me to this site. I don't know why but it feels like a major event is on the horizon and is about to unfold. So we wait in our everyday lives ticking away the time untill the time is right.. . . tick tock*

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Double Post sorry

[edit on 23-5-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This feeling you speak of, it too has drawn me to this site. I don't know why but it feels like a major event is on the horizon and is about to unfold. So we wait in our everyday lives ticking away the time untill the time is right.. . . tick tock*

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
ME TOO!

Welcome to ATS I am sure you will find some answers, like minded people and lots more questions.

If I find out what IT is, I will let you know.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My first double post.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by lightchild]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome!

I, too, had a feeling that I was here for some purpose and was not sure what it was - until my book entered into my mind. Then I knew my purpose was to write it. In it I give a map from the scarcity paradigm we are kept in by the PTB to one of abundance, an abundance our lovely planet easily could afford all of us.

(Link to my FREE book is in my sig.)

I hope your purpose comes soon to you as mine did to me.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

You are going to enjoy discovering what's inside your head if you stick around this board. It can be a great learning experience.

I believe we all feel something is happening and that is because something really is happening every second of every day.

Sometimes even the smallest things can make a difference in mankind.
Remember, when you are not looking someone else is looking at you and you are making an impression on them.

Have fun and enjoy.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Many thanks for all your responses.

Most appreciated.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello all, I am also a newby as I am a "lurker" (i love that term). Thank you for the post Camera eye. This feeling you describe has been driving me crazy. Just knowing there are others like us out there helps me. I have brought this issue up with friends and family and they think I am screwy. So I was beginning to think maybe i am. Especially since the feeling is getting more urgent.

I am not sure if this is the place or time to say anything, but I honestly believe that before 2010 is here, there will be another huge down turn in the stock markets world wide. Which in turn will intensify civil unrest. This next sell off we will not recover from. There will also be more than one natural disaster during this time frame.

Yes, much is happening galaxy wide if not universal wide. I sure am glad I found this site.

Before I go I would like to thank all of you at ATS for your great work and thank all of you people who post such interesting information for us "lurkers" to lurk at.

God bless you all

Spiron

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hey Spiron. It is good to know there are others who share the intuition that huge change is approaching.

I too have experienced the same kinds of scepticism from friends and family, however in my humble opinion they just aren't aware of the situation at hand, only being informed by what mainstream corporate media tells them, and not delving any further than that.

I tend to agree with you on your thoughts for the economy and civil unrest being likely. I believe the trends forecaster Gerald Celente has also came to some similar conclusions.

Looking at the current situation and reading between the lines I believe the elements for huge social changes are emerging. Here's why:

1 US debt is staggeringly huge (US borrows 46c for every dollar spent) and due to the credit crunch, massive layoffs are now being announced every week.

2 The dollar's position is waning on the global stage (for example see english.pravda.ru...)

3 Yesterday Obama introduces the notion of "Pre-emptive" Indefinite Detention (see www.youtube.com...) A staggering proposal which has the potential for wide interpretation in application.

4 REX84 / Marshall law has been much discussed on the net. If you haven't heard of REX84 try a google search if you want to know more.

So the elements for an explosive combination i.e. massive layoffs, possible mass unrest, increased powers of detention and the facilities to hold large numbers of civilians are all present.

From these elements one can see a possible predictable outcome.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by the camera eye

I was right we have a good one!
Glad to see you know your alternative topics my friend.
Yes there is something going on with our government. During the times I have spent on this planet and in this country I have never seen such a quick and oppressive state coming into effect. It was there with Bush, maybe a tickle or two here and there. This is all out different though. We have a president breaking promises everyday and becoming something worse than Bush ever was.

Something is brewing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Agreed. Something is coming.
I feel so helpless sometimes, and it due to the fact that I feel that this is limited to what I can do at this MOMENT.
But then I feel somewhere within myself that its just a case of waiting, and I have been told this on other levels as well, its a time to come.
I am sure, but unsure of what is to come, I know its around the corner
I know this sounds cryptic, but I feel that you understand how this feels or IS! There is more to follow, its like holding your breath, knowing that you are at the point of almost no control if you dont take that in breathe now arrrrrrrr!!!!, but you still know you have control of the situation all you have to do is breathe, but the time is not right to draw that deep breath in, not quite yet!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks to all who contributed.

top topics

join