It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study of the Bimini 'road': The mystique of beachrock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A new study of the Bimini beach rock has been made incorporating all previous studies. Both serious and fringe.

The pdf which is linked to below is a good summary and review of all studies up to 2009.

The actual paper is:

Shinn, E. A., 2009, The mystique of beachrock. in Perspectives
in Carbonate Geology: A Tribute to the Career of Robert Nathan
Ginsburg, P. K. Swart, G. Eberli, and J. A. McKenzie, eds.,
pp. 19-28. International Association of Sedimentologists
Special Publication no. 41.

Link to the pdf

Contains excellent pictures and diagrams too. Plus a discription of how bedrock forms.

Some out takes from the pdf

The cores proved that the stones
are composed of in situ natural beachrock that
has been submerged by a combination of rising
Holocene sea level and erosion of underlying sand

presented bulk 14C age data from the cores. The dates ranging from 3510 to 2745 years BP indicate the stones are much too young to be part of the mythological
city/state of Atlantis,

including a sizeable group with a website and a journal called Atlantis Rising have challenged all science-based investigations. A psychologist (see Little (2006), recently joined the ranks of alternative believers. He claims in his website that the
author (Shinn) is part of a government conspiracy to prevent people from learning the true origin of the stones.

Ah yes when the science goes against you declare a conspiracy!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You have a broken link. Its a conspiracy!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hanslune! I'm so relieved. I was going to come in and be like "There are a million Bimini threads, there's no real evidence linking it to anything."

But then I realized it was you and I agree with the study. It's not a conspiracy, it's probably a completely natural geological formation.

Yayyy!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
check this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

lots of cool info, including photos of ruins

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Didn't anyone ever tell you that nobody likes a party-pooper?
Still, a star and flag for you for sticking to science to back up your claims. This thread may not be as popular as the others about Bimini "road" but it's certainly got more merit!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hiya Hans, the Bimini Road will forever be associated in my mind with the photo section of Charles Berlitz' Bermuda Triangle. I must have looked and read about them dozens of times. I dreamed of diving and seeing them for myself and checking out the 'Bermuda Triangle' too. I put them to bed years ago

Times change and it seems all my fairy tales are naught but fairy tales. The Danikens and Berlitz' have nothing left to offer. The ironic thing is that the people that prefer their brand of mystery are missing out on the real mysteries of history.
Take it easy Hans,
K

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
if there is no Bimini road. then who was phone?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I do not remember the guys name but it was someone from that Michael Cremo crowd. He went out there and checked it out and HE said it was just rocks. He said the same thing about the underwater "pyramid" in japan. Like my archeologist buddy said, if anyone would say that this was anything odd it would be him.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
I do not remember the guys name but it was someone from that Michael Cremo crowd. He went out there and checked it out and HE said it was just rocks. He said the same thing about the underwater "pyramid" in japan. Like my archeologist buddy said, if anyone would say that this was anything odd it would be him.

Probably you mean Dr. Robert Schoch, though I don't recall him investigating Bimini.

However, I don't handle Schoch's agenda so there is no good reason for me to be aware of it if he did investigate Bimini.

Were I him, I certainly would. Bimini is a most excellent place after dark! LOL

Harte

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well i like to follow ooparts, not so much into the, this rock is really a _____ and if you look at it and blur your eyes you can still kind of see the handle. I do not think that the Bimini road was anything special no more than the badlands guardian. I always thought the rockwall in rockwall texas was more interesting.

new topics

top topics

join