It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate California Could Split Into 4 States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For starters they left off Northern California unless the intent is too lump it in with SF/Silicoln Valley

If it were come to pass, its more likely going to be into 2 states, North and South. Southern California would have a greater population and money, but Northern Ca. would have more water.

Its a moot point. Its not going to happen.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe this will FINALLY give Puerto Rico a chance to get a star thrown on the new flag too! How long have they been considered like a Province or something like that?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
American tax-payers were scammed out of hundreds of billions of dollars for the international banks and corporate welfare, why wouldn't we use some on those funds to bailout California?

Our government virtually forced us (and our children and grandchildren) to cover the gambling debts and excesses of greed of rich bankers and elites around the globe..., yet we're supposed to simply let California fail? That seems totally absurd!

Our government nationalized the banks. It is against most states' laws (and I suppose Cali is the same) for the federal government to own a state or even a portion of a state.

On the other hand, if you're talking about the stimulus funding, what California needs is debt reduction or increased revenues (taxes). The stimulus does neither of those things and cannot be used for debt reduction. It can only be used to increase the future liability of the state (which is the reason my state is fighting taking some of the stimulus) or increase programs (which increases expenses).

In any case, the federal government has no mechanism to give states money to be used for debt reduction - and that's a good thing in my book.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hummm... 4 states? I seriously doubt that.. two, I could see for sure.

The problem with dividing the state is like simese twins you condemn one to die... in this case northern cali would benefit for not having to pay for the south.. the wealthy southerns will flee to the north leaving the south burdened by their massive welfare population.

Southern cali wouldn't last three months before defaulting.

And it seems so moronic.. when their is such an easy solution at hand.

Round up the illegals and dump them on the other side of the border. Money saved on benefits, welfare, unemployment, food stamps, education, healthcare would be well over 21 billion.

But no, the bleeding heart liberals will be shirtless, shoeless and standing in a soup line before they figure this out.

Cali is getting what it deserves

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Iamonlyhuman,

Strictly theoretically speaking, if the Federal government lacks to tools to contend with this crisis of one of it's component states, what kind of 'protections' does it offer?

Further, if we are the United States of America, are we not, after all, equally diminished by this economic downturn in California?

Perhaps the states themselves must organize a 'taking care of our own' initiative and begin the process of declaring the Federal Government as incapable of serving the states, as well as disinclined to offer aid that it willingly doles out to foreign entities.

Of course, as Rock Puck so pointedly illuminated, this would include the futility of accepting the burden of non-taxable persons within our borders? It seems odd to me to accept as axiomatic the Federal Government's impotence in solving this problem for millions of it's citizens, within it's own boundaries.

I do not deny it is so, I merely point out that the limitation is a contrivance of careerist-politicians with dubious priorities.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It only needs to be split in two.

Fantasy land and the rest of the state

The blue counties and the red counties.

www.bay-of-fundie.com...

Calif is a strange state in that its run by the voters in just a few counties that are blue.

The majority of the state is red counties and have suffered from the brain dead liberals in the blue countries that have deindustrialized the rest of the state so they can come and play on there days off.

At one time the red areas of Calif were the richest counties in Calif till the blue counties shut down industrys and farming in the red counties.
In the last 30 years the blue counties in the state have used enviromental laws to shut down the red areas of calif.

The first thing the red counties could do is to shut down the water that to red counties have been stealing for the last 100 years or tax it till they scream. the blue counties can build water distillation plants for there water instead of taking it from the rest of the state.

Give it 5 years and the blue counties would fall apart completely as there would be no way for them to survive on there own.

In the same 5 years the red counties could triple there wealth or more without the problems the voters in the blue counties have caused them.

The blue "fantasyland" counties would then have to find a way to sustain themselves without stealing from the rest of the state.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Humm, so the Russian official was right, well he is a political analyst in Russia, but used to be in the Kremlim.

Does anyone remember the Russian official several months ago or so who stated that the United States would be dissolved and particioned in different states/factions?

Is this the plan of TPTB?

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all."

In that article he also stated.

On the fate of the U.S. dollar, he said: "In 2006 a secret agreement was reached between Canada, Mexico and the U.S. on a common Amero currency as a new monetary unit. This could signal preparations to replace the dollar. The one-hundred dollar bills that have flooded the world could be simply frozen. Under the pretext, let's say, that terrorists are forging them and they need to be checked."

When asked how Russia should react to his vision of the future, Panarin said: "Develop the ruble as a regional currency. Create a fully functioning oil exchange, trading in rubles... We must break the strings tying us to the financial Titanic, which in my view will soon sink."

Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

en.rian.ru...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This map shows how this Russian analyst sses the united States divided.

It might not get to that, i hope it doesn't, but this man also stated that by 2010 the United States would collapse.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
William Gibson predicted (maybe closer to portrayed) this in his book virtual light.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
This map shows how this Russian analyst sses the united States divided.

It might not get to that, i hope it doesn't, but this man also stated that by 2010 the United States would collapse.

This guy is hilarious!

Love those Russian analysts... they've been so successful over there haven't they?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This guy is hilarious!

Love those Russian analysts... they've been so successful over there haven't they?

Are you hiding under a rock somewhere?

China OWNS most of the U.S. debt, how do you think the u.S government would pay for this debt? More so after the U.S. dollar goes caput, as the leader in the global economy?

The U.S. are probably not going to fracture exactly like this man says, but everything that is happening points to something similar happening.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh, and of course about Mexico, have you, and everyone else forgotten that the Mexican drug cartels have infiltrated southern U.S. cities?

These drug cartels have an army of trained killers, and of course what current government officials proposed to fight this was to take away the right of U.S. citizens from owning assault weapons...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

The majority of the state is red counties and have suffered from the brain dead liberals in the blue countries that have deindustrialized the rest of the state so they can come and play on there days off.

At one time the red areas of Calif were the richest counties in Calif till the blue counties shut down industrys and farming in the red counties.

In the last 30 years the blue counties in the state have used enviromental laws to shut down the red areas of calif.

Hate to tell you but its a lot simpler then that.

Its called "Urban Expansion". When I was a kid a lot of the area around Los Angeles was still farm land. The football field at Inglewood High School is called "The Farm" - - why? Because Inglewood High School was originally an agricultural school - - and it really was a farm.

There's good weather - - and there was Aerospace. You know - Jobs for the Conservatives - - because Liberals never work.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As a resident of California I thing the state of our state it pathetic. ten years ago California was the 5th largest economy IN THE WORLD!

After ENRON extorted energy a few years back it's like we can't recover. How about allowing someone with a brain to run the state? What about that suggestion?

AAC

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
As a resident of California I thing the state of our state it pathetic. ten years ago California was the 5th largest economy IN THE WORLD!

After ENRON extorted energy a few years back it's like we can't recover. How about allowing someone with a brain to run the state? What about that suggestion?

AAC

2 words - Aerospace - Silicon Valley.

CA has lost its industry.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

YEAH!!! Now its only 7th

But yes the Enron thing sucked but as always, California will lead the way and will recover in time.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Knowing this, wouldn't it be a no-brainer to assume that the always unwanted micro-management is in order to straighten things out? Terminate the terminator.

Technology, Military, Agriculture and entertainement are timeless revenues.

AAC

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This guy is hilarious!

Are you hiding under a rock somewhere?

China OWNS most of the U.S. debt, how do you think the u.S government would pay for this debt? More so after the U.S. dollar goes caput, as the leader in the global economy?

The U.S. are probably not going to fracture exactly like this man says, but everything that is happening points to something similar happening.

LOL! No I haven't been living under a rock...

But these Russians are completely stupid. Can you imagine What the people would do? It would be war from day 0.

lol... ok Riiiight...

I think Ice T said it best...

The Gangs of LA will never die... just multiply colors...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I can't believe there are not more negative comments on this.

What makes you think splitting the state would help with the budget?

California pulls in a specific amount of money from the whole state.

This revenue is not evenly collected from each section of the state.

What this would cause is you would create 1 very rich state and the rest would be poor and would have no services for their people.

Some areas of California generate huge revenues. This moeny is spent statewide to help all the people. If you deducted Hollywood, Silicon Valley, Napa, etc. (the biggest revenue conrtibutors and left the rural areas to fend for themselves you would create some economies worse than Michigan (our lowest GDP state - last time I checked).

Now you would have areas with huge revenue surpluses and other areas that would be dirt poor.

Is this what we really want to do? Let's take the money from the poor and let the rich areas keep all the money.

This is stupid!!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
IMO, this is not a good idea, at least not for the people of California. IMO, this could be the first step.

At the moment, if California does 'explode' due to all this, it is too big of a state and there are too many people living there to govern/control/manipulate, they cannot police it, at least not all of it.

To me, this says they're preparing for major, and I mean major, problems. They know that if the 'majority' of people in california (or even just a large % of them) began to riot, or march, or rebel, they could do sweet 'F A' about it, the police, army or national guard would be severely outnumbered.

Now, break it down into districts, each district being 1/4 the size of the original, yet having the same government, then things are getting more manageable.

This will start happening to other states soon, IMO.

Also, could this be an attempt to change the mindset of the American public? Times they are a changing, we must change with them?

Or it's all for the benefit of the people and they really are doing their best! Who knows, really...

EMM

Edit to add:

This is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I can't believe there are not more negative comments on this.

What makes you think splitting the state would help with the budget?

California pulls in a specific amount of money from the whole state.

This revenue is not evenly collected from each section of the state.

What this would cause is you would create 1 very rich state and the rest would be poor and would have no services for their people.

Didn't even think of that! An Apartheid...of wealth, lmao! Make it an apartheid of moral fibre and conscience and we may be the richer, lol.

I was actually thinking about Hollywood, does that mean no more big blockbuster movies.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join