It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians...make me mad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

That said, it is becoming clearer the christian ya's have it so far in this thread. That may be because I am in the wrong site to post this debate. Most die hard christian fundamentalists don't even know about ATS.

I may be one of the 'die hard Christians' you are saying. I make a lot of Christians mad, even just for the simple concept of divorce and re-marrying! I won't elaborate that for the sake of keeping this thread on the rail... Good thing, I'm also a die-hard inventor, or mad scientist, wte....

My take on this matter? I believe in ET's or ET life. I even believe that life doesn't just come in carbon-based forms. So there you go, even Angels are examples of ET life and it's in the Bible. Sadly, if you're a Christian and you're so full of this world and well into this wordly society, you may never grasp this concept. Get out into the woods, catch a breath of fresh air, I would advice

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I think it's possible that satan and his minions were cast out of the fourth+ dimension(s). Could be how heaven is all around us. Just musing

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well OP cut them some slack, the reason is that God said nothing else was made but man.

another thing is that secret governments have created alien ships. I think it;s all a delusion by the secret govs combined with the devil who gives them their power, they literally practice black magic 33rd degree masons I think do.

they will use it during antichrist time, aliens I think. the ships were created by us and satan is the master of the air.

so they have great points. If aliens were real they should have taken us over by now if they have more technology or atleast tried to communicate.

It's all leading up to antichrist reign, watch shortly and you will see.

peace/

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I thought the first three reason's weren't really horrible responses, in fact they are right. We haven't found life outside our own little rock, we haven't found much evidence, and as far as we know the planets in our own solar system don't support life as we know it. The part where they throw in the bible, yes is often a typical christian answer for everything, but I think you are being a bit harsh on the two just for giving their opinion. As said in other posts, many christians, catholics believe in ET's. And many people think the idea of ET's is complete hogwash, and as crazy and stupid as you think they are for not believing what you do, they feel exactly the same about you. No reason to get mad about it, nor to take it out on all christians. I don't agree with them on any of their beliefs, but that doesn't I'll be angry with them.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Well OP cut them some slack, the reason is that God said nothing else was made but man.

another thing is that secret governments have created alien ships. I think it;s all a delusion by the secret govs combined with the devil who gives them their power, they literally practice black magic 33rd degree masons I think do.

they will use it during antichrist time, aliens I think. the ships were created by us and satan is the master of the air.

so they have great points. If aliens were real they should have taken us over by now if they have more technology or atleast tried to communicate.

It's all leading up to antichrist reign, watch shortly and you will see.

peace/

So aliens are demons? What about the angels recorded in the bible? They must be demons too. In fact I suppose, anything that happens to contradict the bible, or is unexplainable and paranormal not mentioned in the bible must be evil and therefore caused by Satan.

Seems to be a convenient answer.

As for UFOs being created by the government, this part I can agree with. Except when these UFOs have been witnessed since Alexander the great and prior.

Alexander the Great records two great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day.

Link

Or this one:

On July 3, 1893 several fishermen were awakened in the middle of the night by the presence of a strange craft that they described as an "electric monster." Their watches stopped and the craft/monster emitted electricity and light. The craft also made a loud sound. Two men were knocked unconscious in the encounter. The rest of the party fled in terror. They returned and found their two unconscious friends who were revived. Apparently the two men suffered no permanent injuries. This is the first known documented encounter with a UFO in the Pacific Northwest. You may download a copy of the actual article as it appeared in the Tacoma Daily Ledger Newspaper by

Link

If aliens were real they should have taken us over by now if they have more technology or atleast tried to communicate.

And how exactly do you think Aliens would go about taking us over? Like in the movies? Using your logic, if aliens are demons then wasn't one of Satan's greatest deceptions convincing man that he didn't exist? Then Arguably, aliens must exist hence they are Satan's minions right?

So which is it? They exist or don't they

BTW, isn't there somewhere in the bible that goes to describe a chariot of fire in the sky? Guess the government made that too.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
We haven't found life outside our own little rock, we haven't found much evidence, and as far as we know the planets in our own solar system don't support life as we know it.

Now that statement is a BIG can of worms. Key word; As far as "we" know. What if I told you the sky on Mars is blue. Don't believe me? do a search.

Proving the existence of life on other planets will never come from our trusted leaders. Never. Period!

Getting back to their feeble attempt to disprove life because so far as "We" know it, our solar system is void of it. Do you have any comprehension on how small our puny solar system really is? It's smaller than fly spit on an elephant's ass. And that's being generous. So my answer to that is, so what? It's not even a scratch on the surface.

To me, in MHO, this is like saying, "There is no one in my back yard, so therefore I conclude there is no one in this city."

Another convenient answer.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
We haven't found life outside our own little rock, we haven't found much evidence, and as far as we know the planets in our own solar system don't support life as we know it.

Now that statement is a BIG can of worms. Key word; As far as "we" know. What if I told you the sky on Mars is blue. Don't believe me? do a search.

Proving the existence of life on other planets will never come from our trusted leaders. Never. Period!

Getting back to their feeble attempt to disprove life because so far as "We" know it, our solar system is void of it. Do you have any comprehension on how small our puny solar system really is? It's smaller than fly spit on an elephant's ass. And that's being generous. So my answer to that is, so what? It's not even a scratch on the surface.

To me, in MHO, this is like saying, "There is no one in my back yard, so therefore I conclude there is no one in this city."

Another convenient answer.

Yes, so far, there isn't solid proof. I'm not saying it's impossible, nor am I trying to disprove life because I personally think that us being alone is not likely. I'm just trying to point out that the answers they gave you and presented in your post weren't that idiotic, they had a point. It becomes belief vs proof here. Yes, I'm well aware of how big the universe is, in fact it's one of my interests. I'm sure they are aware that the universe is bigger than our puny little solar system, but they have every right to believe nothing is out there, just like you have every right to believe the opposite. I can tell that you hate it when people don't see things the way you do. Just by your reaction here, you obviously think I'm as stupid/ignorant as your coworkers. What's kind of funny is, I have the same beliefs. Take a chill pill. Red or Blue?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

1. all other planets in our solar system don't support life except our own

Not a fact. We have only explored but a fraction of these other worlds, and certainly not in enough detail to make this assertion. Indeed, there are many candidates in our own solar system for harboring liquid water as we know it, and this could certainly indicate far more life in the solar system than we ever imagined.

2. Why have we not been able to find them?

More of an issue with our own limitations than anything else. We've just started in our exploration of other worlds...besides, if they (aliens) are technologically superior, and don't want to be found...might be that they can conceal themselves. There are even many cases where we may have found them (think of the Martian meteorite with microbes), but simply can't rule out possible contamination from terrestrial sources.

3. How come we have never found Alien slime? (this was really an excuse) LMAO

Not even worth dignifying with a response. Might as well ask them why we've never found any historic proof for Jesus outside of the Bible and Josephus' writings. (or even proof of Jesus' divinity....after all, this aspect of Jesus was "decided" by a council of monks in Nicea...)

4. because the bible says so (this one really gets me mad)

The Bible says no such thing (not even really in allegory, that I can think of). This simply shows how many Christians are ignorant of their own books that they put their blind faith into... You may want to ask them (you can even phrase it as a curiosity) which scripture states this... About the only reference I can think of would be the creation of man in His own image, but even that doesn't rule out human aliens, or the creation of other sentient beings... The big thing here is that if there were sentient beings, smarter than man, then this would seemingly not align with the "in His own image" idea...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join