It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Amazing WOW!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The first thing I noticed was the lack of a single frame that might give a clue to the object's size. There are a lot of suspicious cuts in the footage which is typical of a hoax.

I think this object is no more than 25-40cm in diameter. Going by the massive shifts in camera position resulting from small hand movements, I'm estimating the object is tens of feet rather than hundreds of feet away.

I'm not a UFO skeptic - this just seems to be a hoax. I have seen a UFO and it looked nothing like this - it was a silvery egg shaped craft.

I'm calling remote controlled toy flying saucer.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fillet ask a
To me it looks like the object is being suspended by fishing line...

I took a screen grab & put in the red arrows.

The fact that the light has caught & reflected at 4 places in a completely straight line suggests to me it's being suspended from something & the line is under tension. Also the line looks to be coming from the center of the object which would suggest it was there to keep it balanced.

The first part of the video is shot with less direct sunlight & more overcast skies which I assume would hide the line, from the camera's view at least.

Not sure how they got it so high & kept it from wobbling so I could be wrong.

Yeah, and you'll notice that this 'lens flare' moves in unison with the 'craft' and not the lens. Hmmmm fishy.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Lens flare is a result of the way the lens are made, but as it reacts with the light, if the object is reflecting the light then the lens flare will follow the object, the source of the light that is the source of the flare.

jra

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think this is a fake, but not CGI. While watching it, something just didn't feel right. I noticed that there was a shallow depth of field when the guy zoomed in on it (the UFO in focus, but the clouds completely out of focus), which leads me to believe that the UFO is much closer to the camera and not up high in the sky. Seeing peterfromdk's example reassured me that this is probably the case.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would say that he probably had the object (button or whatever it is) tied to the top edge of the tilting window,to stop it falling off,and then possibly had someone else tilt the window gently to and fro, while he continued filming, to suggest movement of the object being filmed!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If you watch between 9:35-9:40 you can see what appears to be fishing line reflecting in the sunlight.Hmmmm.......

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

peterfromdk demonstrated it to be a hoax in my opinion: his post

Regards,

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Yup,gotta agree .Well moving on.....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey guys - after watching it a few more times, yes - it does indeed look like the "craft" is very small (I mean like centimeters), and it doesn't spin or anything.
But, as far as the string that could be holding it up, why would the string glint in the light as well? I'm not saying it not possible (I AM leaning towards that it is suspended), but unless it's like fishing line, would it really glint? Cotton string wouldn't - I'm (pretty) sure about that.
Just curious.
And these damn hoaxes need to stop...
And I am thankful to the skeptics for being here.
I used to hate you guys for destroying my fantasies here, but I was in the wrong. We need you guys...
But on the flip side, would you guys really really be able to tell if a piece of footage was indeed legit? I know it's subjective and all...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Hey guys - after watching it a few more times, yes - it does indeed look like the "craft" is very small (I mean like centimeters), and it doesn't spin or anything.
But, as far as the string that could be holding it up, why would the string glint in the light as well? I'm not saying it not possible (I AM leaning towards that it is suspended), but unless it's like fishing line, would it really glint? Cotton string wouldn't - I'm (pretty) sure about that.
Just curious.
And these damn hoaxes need to stop...
And I am thankful to the skeptics for being here.
I used to hate you guys for destroying my fantasies here, but I was in the wrong. We need you guys...
But on the flip side, would you guys really really be able to tell if a piece of footage was indeed legit? I know it's subjective and all...

Well its funny that every UFO video/picture thats taken that maybe something worth looking at, always seems to be at the resolution/zoom limit of the camera taking it, if ever anybody gets the real deal we will all know!
With regards to skeptics I do think out there there is bound to be life but if it really is intelligent it will give this rock a miss, especially if they have seen some of the BS people put on the net

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Hey guys - after watching it a few more times, yes - it does indeed look like the "craft" is very small (I mean like centimeters),

Really? Why don't you take another look. Here check these two video frames.
The size of the airplane and the reference with the chimney, if you know what
perspective means. Centimeters right? Not that easy.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Got thinking about this video and decided to try it out for myself, I don't believe the object is hung on a string I still think that is lens flare.

Anyway I took a piece of glass out of a picture frame and fixed it to the outside of my house and placed a penny (1p) on the glass with an airgun pellet on top of the penny to give it a more 3d look. I used a little pany consumer DV cam and filmed, take a look at the results. If I had more time and the right lighting I think I could get the same look spot on.

I've also posted this on another UFO website to get their reaction as well.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

It certainly looks to explain the odd round and about movements,
within a small field of view.
I've already discounted strings or wire,although in the later
part of the video when he is using a new camera,
(where you can see the flareing)
it is exactly that part that's strange,
so much reflected light that is
totally stationary on the same part of the object even
though it is moving about in a circular fashion,
if the object was big the reflected light would glint
on a different part of the surface as it moved about.
Good work Yeebsy!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I withdraw my comment. I was about to comment on the audio, but I just read the caption. This video is being presented at a conference so the audio is not live. How can I delete my post?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by theyreadmymind]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think the flaring is not an artifact from the camera, I believe we are seeing a reflection formed within the velux double glazing.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well friends, I guess it's gona take an alien rolling down the window and waving at us (or some sort of hand gesture:lol
before we can determine film footage is real. This footage looks great, but you never know.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

With very small camera movements you can create the illusion of something in the sky moving about.

I would love nothing more than to find some real footage but whilst there are hoaxers out there trying to get 15 minutes of fame handing over footage that a preschooler could film then it is our duty to bust them wide open.

I personally think this is a very poor attempt at a hoax.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by yeebsy]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Very well said.

This is what its all about, making an effort like yeebsy has & actually trying things out to prove ones point.

@ yeebsy, I hope you get applause for your effort.

Excellent work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join