It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor plans to completely eliminate welfare for families

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
reply to post by mikerussellus

Well, I suspect a lot of people share the fault. When you have kids like its free and think you are entitled to the resources of the producers then you get what you deserve.

Human beings are entitled to the resources of the Earth.

Any reason as to why they're not is purely illusion.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just did a quick google search for the number of welfare recipients in Cali. 500,000.
Can you imagine the riot? Not pretty.
Only way left is to have government step in. Or else, just admit that they were wrong -snort-
Sorry, I couldn't even type that without swallowing some bile. . .

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hallelujah, I second that one, in this country of narrowing taxable income due to lack of industrial base thanks to our moron and corrupted politicians seduced by corporate pimps the last reminding work force is been drained slowly to pay for everything the morons think are good ideas.

As wages stagnate and jobs lose keeps raising the next group to be targeted are the very wealthy and filthy rich, let see how they feel when is time to squeeze them dry to pay for socialized health care

[edit on 23-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marys123421
There will be riots, people won't be able to afford to move out of the state.

i can't believe the Gov. would even consider doing this. how outrageous that this is even considered. i don't think it will actually happen. there is no way the state house will vote this in.

Why not, the state is broke they can't borrow any more money. They have very few options to reduce there operating costs below the amount they are bringing in.

1) Scrap welfare
2) Scrap education - Arney already is talking about this
3) Scrap gov't jobs
4) Scrap services - police, fire, ambulance - Already doing this
5) Release prisoners - Already doing this one

Basicly they are 10 years past the point of no return without massive unrest. If the riots start I'd suggest the people there with the means head for the hills for a few weeks/months till it burns itself out.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

1) Scrap welfare
2) Scrap education - Arney already is talking about this
3) Scrap gov't jobs
4) Scrap services - police, fire, ambulance - Already doing this
5) Release prisoners - Already doing this one

Basicly they are 10 years past the point of no return without massive unrest. If the riots start I'd suggest the people there with the means head for the hills for a few weeks/months till it burns itself out.

If the riots start how do we know they have not been prepared in advance?

The whole LA could be taken as hostage by a well organized force which doesn't need to be too big.

It is going to be more like a civil war or gang war, like the one in Bosnia.

And war is always about looting.

Like in this example:

International and Afghan troops have killed 60 militants and made a record drugs haul in an operation in southern Afghanistan, the US military has said. Its statement said the four-day attack targeted the town of Marja in Helmand province - a Taliban stronghold. The troops seized 92 tonnes of opium poppy seeds and other drugs, "severely disrupting" a key narcotics centre and command hub of the insurgency.

More at source: news.bbc.co.uk...

So, at least the problem with morphine is resolved...

If Cali government is prepared to take these measures, they better work out an exit strategy, either for the poor or for themselves, because it is not going to end nice.

The whole Free trade ideology caused people in some countries to be extremely poor and that brought them to California in the first place. Now, someone has destroyed the game and people start jumping at each others throat.

A swift action is needed to destroy the so called NWO perpetrators, or else... it's gonna be really ugly.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's terrible because people with the means to should protect their neighbors.. I would give happily and do what I can to help a family when they are down... but the system we created, corrupted by people needing to meet an agenda... have created a class of citizens I can only describe as moochers... and when the moochers are not even American's, show complete contempt for our laws, our culture, our people and have the nerve to DEMAND we support them....

It gets me fighting mad.

When the system is corrupt, the whole system must go... this means governments too.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You are not the only one my friend, is hard to make money this days and I mean good money and see taxes been leached from every corner of your pay check and no even getting any benefits from those taxes and see others get a free ride thanks to you.

I am so angry I want to scream, and to think that it was a time that I said that I gladly will allow taxes to help the poor.

But is not the poor anymore the one that is benefiting from my taxes they have been leached to paid for government incompetece, greed and corruption also

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
reply to post by Tentickles

Good, its about time the welfare abusers get off their collective a@$'s and work for a living. I personally would throw every proven welfare abuser in jail and make them work chain gangs and when they are released they really shouldn't have a problem picking fruit or vegetables for money like the Mexicans do because americans don't want those jobs.

I for one am tired of those who think they sit on their butts and watch tv and get drunk and high off the rest of us who work and pay the taxes that let them live better lives then some who work two jobs just to get by and feed their children.

And on the plus side they can use all that saved revenue and increase in paid taxes to give all children medical care without question instead of taking away their medical insurance.

Only problem I see hear is the loss of medical insurance for low-income children. Should not happen and better not happen.

S*** I'd take that JOB right now, I can pick fruit and vegtables, I used to do it for my grndparennts often on the farmland they owned. We Americans , real AMERICANS have no problem doing the hard labor... Just right now (I'm female) so If I try to go work in the feilds all those immigrants are looking at me and making snide comments and disgusting inuendoes, so, whatever, anyway the point is I would do it, and I know another white American woman who did do it for many years while she raised her children.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
also keep in mind that they are prepping for federal health systems as well now. So no need for the local ones...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just heard on the news, Gov. Arnie has asked O'bomba for a bailout. Cutting 77K student grants, 1.5 million kids no insurance, thousands of teachers losing jobs and releasing thousands of prisoners.

But don't worry. . .there was no word of ANY state or local politician/superentendant/leader/union member (other than teachers) losing their benefits or their jobs. And if you are here illegally, don't worry, you're still covered.

Some Golden state, huh.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Tent city was a joke. The media made a big deal out of it. It was like 20 people and 15 of them wanted to live out there.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by abecedarian

My friend I am not as "nice" as you are, call the anchor brats for what they are, illegal children from illegal parents, sucking the system and the legal tax payer dry.

I am with you, it is something that angers me the most is that all our life my husband and me, we never qualified for any help, social program or low income anything, we raised our children and pay full prices for everthing, pay our taxes and somebody else that have no rights to it, get to reap full benefits of our hard working years of efforts.

This would be enough if only was to help American citizens only, but when you add the millions of illegals popping brats every year in the US to have free benefits for those children this is only killing this nations economy and us the tax payer.

And not I am not going to apologized for anything I said, because after all I am an American that happen to be also a Latina

I hear ya there...I was on that same boat too. Only thing I could get was wic, and Medicaid, but that took ALOT OF WORK. I mean literally going to the news and media about it. I also was in the Army, I also worked for the state I was born in(I don't live there now). And when the state lett me go for a disagreement between me and the other workers(who were all African American) Not saying nothing but I feel as it was racial that I was let go...because here I was bustin my A** Wiping mentally retarded women's BUTTS while they sat on their fat A** And the girl had the nerve to say I WAS NOT WORKING while she sat there cracking her gum...and watching the state's free cable, just because she wanted her home girl to be in the group with her and not me...so I walked out...right there I said I QUIT...and left...of course I fought for my job back because I was in need of the job, but I found one later, but in the meantime could not get ANY benefits, Not even unemployment for 6 months af abitration. I know I veered from the OP for a second there, but I wa trying to make a point ...oh yeah and all of those coworkers paid just as much as I was was collecting welfare and food stamps while working. We made 10.50 an hour!!! WHY PRAY TELL DID THEY ALSO NEED GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE??? I lived off that income with a household of five people for FIVE YEARS!!!!(my spouse had been laid off)Why couldn't they??????What the heck is that? There are working people taking advantage of the system too, although I don't know how they could possibly spend all that income and grants too.

[mod edit: fixed all bold text in response]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You know, it's odd, but I look at this, and the only thing I can think of is "Well its about damn time" The amount of money that we fritter away and waste on welfare is staggering. Same with all the grants and freebies we give out. Hey, I have an idea.. get a job... and if you can't, then how about lowering your standards since you can't walk out of high school and into a management position.. even better.. create a job.

then again, maybe its time we flushed this turd we call california down teh toilet like we should have a long time ago. If they could manage to cut their inflation down and not have one of the highest costs of living in the usa, then maybe they can save themselves, but hey, its all about money, right?

Then again, isn't it odd that california is one of the most liberal states, and thats the one that's broke?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Human beings are entitled to the resources of the Earth.

Any reason as to why they're not is purely illusion.

I beg to differ. But I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed the point in a chance to whip out some hippy tripe.

Basics. if I grow a tomato, those tomatoes are mine to do what I want with them. If I want to give you one, I can, but if I want to sell you one, I (for now at least) still am able to. I don't owe you a tomato just because I grew one and you did nothing with your patch of dirt.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by CoffinFeeder]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Be angry you have the right to be and voice as loud as you can.

I know exactly what you are talking about when you refer to your old job.

Because I live in the south, GA. I know how things goes around here, this is a welfare state after all, they have been on my husband butt for 5 years already when it comes to state taxes because he makes good money, they have audited us in various occasions.

And guess what we don't even own a fancy home or fancy cars and we don't live a fancy life either.

They think that because you have certain income you make enough to pay for others because the government tells you so.

Sometimes I tell my husband to stop his full time job now that we don't have littler kids anymore (they are adults) and lets live in his retirement along and see who the state is going to leach then.

BTW my husband is a retire marine.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
You know, it's odd, but I look at this, and the only thing I can think of is "Well its about damn time" The amount of money that we fritter away and waste on welfare is staggering. Same with all the grants and freebies we give out. Hey, I have an idea.. get a job... and if you can't, then how about lowering your standards since you can't walk out of high school and into a management position.. even better.. create a job.

then again, maybe its time we flushed this turd we call california down teh toilet like we should have a long time ago. If they could manage to cut their inflation down and not have one of the highest costs of living in the usa, then maybe they can save themselves, but hey, its all about money, right?

Then again, isn't it odd that california is one of the most liberal states, and thats the one that's broke?

Sad to say it's going to continue. Instead of NOT SPENDING, they are going to continue this tripe. But now,

$#@%$ing NOW the rest of the country, not just Cali taxpayers are going to foot the bill for this liberal utopia.
There will be no riots.
There will be no uproar. (Not that you'd see anyway because the MSM wants this to work)
The people sucking off the government teat are going to get to continue sucking,

And once again, we lose just a little more freedom without a single shot being fired.

Say goodbye to the 10th ammenment people.

For those of you living and actually working in Cali, RUN. Run like hell.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slazer
Well the people who can't get jobs in California should move to another state where there are jobs. And I know lots of you think that there are no jobs anywhere, but in Texas, there are still TONS of jobs. So my advice to any Californian who gets their welfare taken away and can't find a job, MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I mean damn, what in the hell did people do BEFORE welfare was ever created?? I'm sure they found a way somehow.

Many on welfare are single mothers. Single mothers are often barred by the courts from moving so many miles from the non-custodial parent, whether he actually participates in the kid(s)'s lives or not or whether he pays child support or not. The government is forcing many of these mothers to live in an area where they cannot find jobs to support themselves, imprisoning them within their environments.

I know because I lived like that for three years. It's one of the ultimate oppressions you can do to a family.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you. I know something else, I didn't have any fancy place, we lived in a shack for real it was like maybe 1000 sq ft at best two bedrooms, three children and my hubby and I. I was so glad to leave that state.(UM HUM NJ) Anyway. I am so very glad the government of CA is doing this and I sure as heck hope FLORIDA will follow their lead!!! I am prepared. I am ready...BRING IT ON!!!! I can't wait. If we stand united in this maybe just maybe we can get our country back.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Originally posted by Slazer
Well the people who can't get jobs in California should move to another state where there are jobs. And I know lots of you think that there are no jobs anywhere, but in Texas, there are still TONS of jobs. So my advice to any Californian who gets their welfare taken away and can't find a job, MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I mean damn, what in the hell did people do BEFORE welfare was ever created?? I'm sure they found a way somehow.

Many on welfare are single mothers. Single mothers are often barred by the courts from moving so many miles from the non-custodial parent, whether he actually participates in the kid(s)'s lives or not or whether he pays child support or not. The government is forcing many of these mothers to live in an area where they cannot find jobs to support themselves, imprisoning them within their environments.

I know because I lived like that for three years. It's one of the ultimate oppressions you can do to a family.

I've never ever heard of this at all. My hubby pays for two other kids by a welfare leech of a woman. She moved away to Florida, thankfully she moved back before we moved here,,,ugh and had everything transferred down here. And HE Was involved with their lives. I don't know what state you live in, but that was NJ. And now that his children are adults, she had another baby to keep leaching off of NJ. Even though she is able bodied if not a little slow, but she can do minial jobs.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think Arnold has his panties in a bunch because he really was counting on the gov't to bail him out ... and why not? They've bailed out everyone else. But I digress...

I frankly think this is nothing more than a threat to see if Obama will cave and give them funds to get past their IMMENSE budget problems.

OR -- I agree with the other posters that said this will be a door left wide open for Obama to take the welfare system and reform! reform! change! change! Right into more government control...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join