It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids of Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has heard of these, and if anyone knows where I can get anymore information on these. Im trying to write a 15 page report (due today) on the mysteries of space. I found an interesting website with a little information, but not enough to get any information from. This is the link I currently have, and what I find interesting is the picutre at the bottom of the page. Any thoughts?
mars-news.de...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Those are rock formations. People claim they are related to the pyramids built by humans on earth. But they are much larger and much less pyramid.

Any egyptian architect would cry if he saw those off center random mountain sides called pyramids.

If you want to write about the mysteries of space try things like Europa's possibility of an ocean.

Natural geological formations aren't really mysteries.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You might try something on the Kupier Belt Objects and Sedna and the Trans-Neptunian planets. That's interesting and timely and there's a lot of info out there.

Stay away from "Mars Pyramids/lost cities/nuclear wasteland/ former home of angels/ etc" if you want a decent grade -- unless, of course, this is a course on fantasy and fiction. If that's the case, charge ahead with the "pyramids" on Mars.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Small Image

Large Image
www.astrosurf.com...

Small Image

Large Image
web2.kwangju.ac.kr...

Cydonia II
web2.kwangju.ac.kr...

Cydonia III
web2.kwangju.ac.kr...

Cydonia IV
web2.kwangju.ac.kr...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There are more than enough real mysteries out in space. You don't have to go dredging up junk ones

Perhaps look into the mysteries surrounding the universes origins. And more and more powerful telescopes allowing us to see closer and closer to the beginning.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would have to agree. If this is a serious report, then move onto "possible water on Mars" or even info about long term living in space. If this is more of a literary writing and not a serious science report, have fun. But, for a descent grade and respectability, without much exidence, it will be hard to be taken seriously. Even if you believe it to be true or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I thought you just wanted some info on the Mars Pyramid Theory and stuff. At first I didn't realize you needed this info for a report. Not that you couldn't report on the Pyramid Mars idea. However, if this is something that is supposed to be along the lines of 'Accepted' Scientific Facts and/or Theories then I'd agree that you may want to choose something else.

In fact, if that is the case, why not do it on one of the most well known Space Mysteries to Date, The Black Hole. There would be more than enough material for that, including some Multimedia stuff and Various Theories, etc. Plus you could branch into things like Worm Holes or something too if you need to expand the idea or whatever.

ME

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hmmm, the egyptians say it was the gods, modern man says it was the egyptians . . . There is a biblical reference however, if thats what you are looking for . . .? ??

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by ME]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ME
Hmmm, the egyptians say it was the gods, modern man says it was the egyptians

Actually, the Egyptians did NOT say Pyramids were built on Mars (which they called Sekded-ef em khetkhet or Har d�cher) by the gods. In fact they were unaware of any features on Mars.

There's lots of texts on the walls of pyramids, particularly those of the 5th and 6th dynasties. This has been a source of much of our information about the religion and the kings themselves... and none of the pyramid texts mentions anything on Mars.

They do include nice prayers of offering to the dead king's soul and pictures of him and his servants and officials (very much like modern cartoons, where you have the picture and there are "word balloons"/texts around the picture telling who is doing what and who is saying what:
www.si.edu/resource/faq/nmnh/pyramid.htm

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is another topic about a Stepped Pyramid on Mars caught by the Mars Express

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ME

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
oops I was refering too egypt.

As for the ones on mars, prolley built by the ones egypt.

Anywho, the LORD God (Which is different than God) said he would build an altar for a sign in the midst and on the border in Egypt . . . Kinda makes ya wonder . . .

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by ME]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Jupiter has a few weird things about it. The fact that there is a weird clicking radio signal comming from it. And the fact that it puts out ALOT more heat than it gets from the sun. Also, how the solid core of jupiter may be a huge diamond.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Mars has lots of dust storms. I suggest that it is the dust storms creating these large mountains. I saw a story on it at the science channel

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Mars has lots of dust storms. I suggest that it is the dust storms creating these large mountains. I saw a story on it at the science channel

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Writing a paper on Mars will be ok.

If I were writing a 12-15 research paper (I'm guessing research paper) on the mysteries of Space I would do it on the possibilities of Planet X.

There is a lot you could research and write about.

You can write about how the ancient Sumerians spoke of a 10th planet in our solar system called Nibiru.

You can also write about how Neptune and Uranus were both affected by something out there thus came the discovery of Pluto. When NASA found out how Pluto was too small to be affecting the orbits of those two planets, it had to be something greater.

Planet X/ Nibiru.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
There are more than enough real mysteries out in space. You don't have to go dredging up junk ones

Perhaps look into the mysteries surrounding the universes origins. And more and more powerful telescopes allowing us to see closer and closer to the beginning.

Someone was already doing that, or did that =\ And another person was doing something on Sedna. The prof did not mind me doing those topics so I guess Ill see next week how I did. =\

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Not sure if the image thing will work. Something in regards to wat ME and Byrd said.. I found this when I was looking for stuff on the pyramids, anyone know anything about this, or if its just crap?

"In the very same region, as can be seen by the context image, there is a 500 meter large represention of the Hebrew letter NUN! This is a really interesting connection, not only by the mythological meaning of the letter NUN, but also by the ancient Egyptian goddess Nun who was the first entity, the "infinite water of chaos" or as we call it today, space. "

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Malkavin]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Here is another topic about a Stepped Pyramid on Mars caught by the Mars Express

This is not a picture, it's a CG render created from elevation data captured by the satellite. I work with Earth-based sat elevation data from time to time, and you always get stepping on steep hills. It's because the satellite is capturing a reading every X meters (where x is the resolution of the data captured). This does not produce a smooth landscape.

This may not be the case in this pictrure, but I've seen exactly this in many Earth elevation data reconstructions.

$0.02

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I know a really good site that talks about all of this.... lets just see if i can find it.... xfacts.com...

This site should really help you, and even if the paper is done it is really intersting...

-Your mama

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that the "Pyramids of Elysium" ARE genuine pyramids (artifical constructions). Sagan was always going on about them "off-record". Conversations I had with him, were always very heated when I pushed him for confirmation of the enigmas. Of course, in the end he said I was crazy (just like Oberg did and the rest of the NASA boys).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join